Lieutenant
# 11
12-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaetens View Post
ok granted VHS tapes are useless now BUT you have the option to convert them to CD / DVD heck even Blue ray so there not a total loss sir, next time think a tiny bit harder before you try to sink someones opinion
Sorry, before the servers shut down in 10 years, print out a screenshot of your ship, hang it on the wall, and click your mouse at it to ensure you get your dollar's worth.
Ensign
# 12
12-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyprimrose View Post
Sorry, before the servers shut down in 10 years, print out a screenshot of your ship, hang it on the wall, and click your mouse at it to ensure you get your dollar's worth.
hehe again not relevant to this thread, you compare apples with oranges!! VHS cassette vs Virtual Item is not one and the same! you can't compare the two. virtual item can't ever be in your possession, you might think you own it but you don't. same goes for the game you rent space on there HDs / database. rent it in either a subscription or C-Store way. the difference here is you find it normal that the rent went up and you don't even want to notice it. i know that the lockbox's are making them allot of money that's the point why they added them in the first place, but is it fair? no it is not you can tell your self anything you want to make your self feel better wen you buy the box's in the end it is exploitation of. but i can understand that if someone has no value of money or just plenty of it, that they don't see this as is bad or unfair.
it is not that i don't like the game, cus if that were the case i would not make any thread about it, i would just uninstall the game and move on tho other game(s). i value my money and i dislike the practice of the lockbox's, i said it before in some other posts, i would happily buy it all direct from the c-store, cus then i know what i buy! i don't like surprises especially as the surprise is not worth the value of my money.
Lieutenant
# 13
12-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaetens View Post
hehe again not relevant to this thread, you compare apples with oranges!! VHS cassette vs Virtual Item is not one and the same! you can't compare the two. virtual item can't ever be in your possession, you might think you own it but you don't. same goes for the game you rent space on there HDs / database. rent it in either a subscription or C-Store way. the difference here is you find it normal that the rent went up and you don't even want to notice it. i know that the lockbox's are making them allot of money that's the point why they added them in the first place, but is it fair? no it is not you can tell your self anything you want to make your self feel better wen you buy the box's in the end it is exploitation of. but i can understand that if someone has no value of money or just plenty of it, that they don't see this as is bad or unfair.
it is not that i don't like the game, cus if that were the case i would not make any thread about it, i would just uninstall the game and move on tho other game(s). i value my money and i dislike the practice of the lockbox's, i said it before in some other posts, i would happily buy it all direct from the c-store, cus then i know what i buy! i don't like surprises especially as the surprise is not worth the value of my money.
I think you are missing the point. You don't have to buy a lockbox ship. If you think the value you get from them is less than the asking price, don't pay.
Community Moderator
# 14
12-17-2012, 10:22 AM
I want a D'Kora and/or a Wells as much as anyone does. I'd way rather just pay cash for them than gamble on lockboxes.

But I understand CBS's and Cryptic's policy concerning these lockbox ships, even if I don't agree with it myself. I just can't see them reversing it, especially as long as it continues to generate sales.

If anyone does not want to spend money on lockboxes, or convert Dilithium to Zen in order to buy Master Keys, that is their choice. Some of these ships have been put on the EC Exchange and it is possible (if not easy) to earn the EC's to buy one if you're patient and willing to grind it out.

I don't like it any more than other players do, but I'm forced to accept that this is how it is. We can rant on the forums all we want, but in this particular case my opinion is that we don't have the influence to change it.

That said, feel free to lobby for change but let's make sure we're following the rules when we post our feedback on this.

Please show some respect for other people's opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

Please stick with the facts -- don't speculate about other people's motivations.

When referring to other forum users, please leave off any personal references to beliefs, feelings, behavior, intelligence, character, skills, etc.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Commander
# 15
12-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Don't like lottery? Simple solution, buy ship at exchange.

You wrote that you know how hard is to earn money, and at the same time you have problem that Cryptic want get money for they work

You can buy Zen by dilithium exchange without spending single $, so I don't see what's the problem. Don't want lottery opening boxes? As I wrote earlier, buy ship at exchange.

It's not worth your money, don't buy it. Because with this argument, sorry but whole thread looks like flame for flame.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Ensign
# 16
12-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I want a D'Kora and/or a Wells as much as anyone does. I'd way rather just pay cash for them than gamble on lockboxes.

But I understand CBS's and Cryptic's policy concerning these lockbox ships, even if I don't agree with it myself. I just can't see them reversing it, especially as long as it continues to generate sales.

If anyone does not want to spend money on lockboxes, or convert Dilithium to Zen in order to buy Master Keys, that is their choice. Some of these ships have been put on the EC Exchange and it is possible (if not easy) to earn the EC's to buy one if you're patient and willing to grind it out.

I don't like it any more than other players do, but I'm forced to accept that this is how it is. We can rant on the forums all we want, but in this particular case my opinion is that we don't have the influence to change it.

That said, feel free to lobby for change but let's make sure we're following the rules when we post our feedback on this.

Please show some respect for other people's opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

Please stick with the facts -- don't speculate about other people's motivations.

When referring to other forum users, please leave off any personal references to beliefs, feelings, behavior, intelligence, character, skills, etc.
well this is the kind of response i was seeking, atleast i know i'm not allone that don't like this. and yes i know there not gonna change there mind about the lockbox's over-night but if no one ever speak out about this they "will" never change.

Change happens wen at-least someone speaks or debate it. this fact happens in every country on the planet! heck we vote for front-runners to speak there mind for us.
Thank you bluegeek for this honest reply.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
12-17-2012, 10:34 AM
The thing I don't understand, they can't sell these ships in the c-store but they can sell them in the lobi store.

With a guaranteed 4 lobi per box (key) these ships have a zen value.

Then again all these ships can be found on the exchange for EC which is pretty easy to get lol

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Ensign
# 18
12-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkratasco View Post
Don't like lottery? Simple solution, buy ship at exchange.

You wrote that you know how hard is to earn money, and at the same time you have problem that Cryptic want get money for they work

You can buy Zen by dilithium exchange without spending single $, so I don't see what's the problem. Don't want lottery opening boxes? As I wrote earlier, buy ship at exchange.

It's not worth your money, don't buy it. Because with this argument, sorry but whole thread looks like flame for flame.
no sir this thread was not meant to be flame wars!
i'll explain my frustration. i bought zen, bought 30 keys that's 35dollar worth of keys give or take. tryed my luck like any other guy. what did i get

- 142 lobi crystals
- a total of 55 Duty officers "unpacked i used all the packs" 40 of them are just white doffs
- 6 box's of useless deflectors
- 2 1k XP boost
- 2 2k XP boost
- 1 10k XP boost

now is this list worth 35dollars to you?! well not in my book, i know they had a chance but this low that's sorry not worth it to me and yes i won't buy them any more. really thought the things that come out of a box would have bin fair but this is not fair in my book anyways in the end it was a gamble and i clearly lost! like everything els in life you have to experience it before you can avoid it the next time.
you speak of cryptic is working hard for there money, you find that working hard for there money, reusing models, selling box'es that are not worth the pollygons there made of.
before you start yelling "REUSING MODELS" i'll explain, fleet ships cos 2000 zen, 4 times 500 zen for a item you need to buy em, yes, the models are the same as the normal ships they just have more consoles spots, you find that hard work?
making the winter event that is hard work, sort of speak, they did use most of the first map, and some reward are used models BUT i don't complain about them cus its FUN.
anyways i can go on and on, none seems to see it my way and that is fine everyone has its own view on things i'm not here to judge was simple asking for everyone opinion.
Rihannsu
# 19
12-17-2012, 11:04 AM
they are at the exchange. isn't that enough?

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Ensign
# 20
12-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
they are at the exchange. isn't that enough?
look i think i don't write english here ?! i know i said i wanted the ship(s) but that's not the point here i want to make its the other stuff you get out of the box, look at my list, is that list 35dollars worth to you?

Yes i expected a ship out one of the box's (that's the gambling part of the box) but cryptic claims that the other rewards have at-least the value of the key you need to open it. or that the box gives at-least the value of the key. not sure about you but that's not an impressive list.
oh and it seems that everyone that reply's assumes i open the box's like a crazy man and that i start to complain about them, no its the first time and the last time, that list was not impressive to get me hooked to buy more keys and open them. well i'm lie'ing i will open atleast 3-4 more box's then i have the lobi cryst to buy what i want from the lobi store again.
i bought the whipe and now seek to buy the skirt for the ferengi char. but know this after them not one i will open ever again.
your suggestion of buying a ship from exchange is well noted, few others even said that to me before i wanted to open the 30 box's, but i wanted to gamble for the ship i just did not expected that the rest of the rewards wer that crappy.
ohwell 70million credits it is for the exchange, and i don't play 24/7 so i'll take what 6months to get it. i can't grind hours on hours i do have other things to do in my life and i'm not that great at games to start with either.