Captain
# 31
12-08-2012, 08:28 PM
with a bunch of head hunting going on in the forums right now, more than i've ever seen in a few threads, and i've been a regular here for about 2 years....

i'm just going to throw this out there...

if i can ever be a moderator for interfleet squabbles, please reach out.

im calm, collected, easy going, and have great a great cadence when orchestrating beneficial communication, or so i've been told as much by many people.

have fun kill bad guys
Captain
# 32
12-16-2012, 01:29 PM
im going to bump this up only once.

for those that are still willing to work through bootcamp to improve out environment, please give it a read if you havent done so already.
Captain
# 33
12-16-2012, 02:33 PM
It is rare that I pvp, very rare. But as a fan of balance, and of interesting I applaud and encourage your effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
The Horizon Accords.

Accord 1: Pay to win in a free game.

We all pay for the game. through subscriptions, with our credit cards, through time. all ships and consoles should be accepted as reasonable in a premade 5v5 or 1v1 match up. How can we find common ground? my suggestions are as follows:

A: With so many "Unique" consoles available, a wide variety of combinations can be struck, but how much is too much? In a 5 man team, 2 "Unique" consoles can be slotted, and give the player enough space to maximize their build through standard consoles. Any more than 2 "Unique" consoles and you start to lose a balance of effectiveness vs. annoyance. Some players like to run them all, some none at all. If we can agree to 2 max per ship, and no more than 2 of the same "Unique" console per team, a balance may present itself.

B: PUGs are not held accountable for what they bring to any match, and therefore can not be held responsable for the composition of the team.

C: Accord "A" applies to 1v1 matches.

Accord 2: The Duty Officer System

A: Due to the nature of the Duty Officer System, self accountability and community accountability poses problems. therefore, Duty officer combinations at this time should not be held accountable by any. the game provides them boundaries at which you are free to do as you wish.

B: Some Duty Officers offer vastly more potential for maximizing and 1 players performance, and that of the team. Fleets and players will have to hold themselves accountable for the reputation they garner for their Doff choices. Reasonable combinations should garner more competition, and over use of some may detract from future competitiveness and available matches for that player or fleet.

C: Future doffs will change game play further, and should be evaluated as such.

Accord 3: Bridge Officer Abilities

A: Every ship has its own "Unique" Boff layout. All powers that can be slotted by that ship are available for game play. Some Boff abilities have hard counters, some have soft counters. it is up to the player / fleet to decide on what they will and will not use. The player / Fleet will garner reputation for consistancy or non consistancy of the Boff abilities they run. Future game play and match options will be the result of that consistancy.

B: There will be no "Broken" or "Overpowered" bridge Officer abilities. all options and combinations are acceptable.

C: Future Ship layouts will change the game further, and should be evaluated as such.

Accord 4: Respect and Sportsmanship

A: General back and forth banter is acceptable, and encouraged. Disagreements lead to conversations, and to the resolution of those disagreements. If no resolution can be found, the players / fleets should cease competitive game play until such a resolution presents itself.

B: The use of derogatory and inflamitory language is heavily discouraged. and sometimes acceptable among players. The use of racial or sexual orientation language should be reserved for those that are familiar with one another, and have found succh language acceptable.

C: Accord 4 does not apply to OPVP chat, but what is said in OPVP will most likely impact the reputation of that Fleet / player, and will endanger future game play and possible competitive opportunities.

have fun kill bad guys

Horizon
/signed
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
12-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Accord 1: Pay to win in a free game.

We all pay for the game. through subscriptions, with our credit cards, through time. all ships and consoles should be accepted as reasonable in a premade 5v5 or 1v1 match up. How can we find common ground? my suggestions are as follows:

A: With so many "Unique" consoles available, a wide variety of combinations can be struck, but how much is too much? In a 5 man team, 2 "Unique" consoles can be slotted, and give the player enough space to maximize their build through standard consoles. Any more than 2 "Unique" consoles and you start to lose a balance of effectiveness vs. annoyance. Some players like to run them all, some none at all. If we can agree to 2 max per ship, and no more than 2 of the same "Unique" console per team, a balance may present itself.

does this mean Im limited to only using 2 of the Universal Consoles ? if it does then I am afraid I cannot sign these accords... as I fly a Vesta Class ship and use ALL 3 of the vesta consoles (mostly because they are a "set")
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 35
12-17-2012, 10:47 AM
It's just my opinion, but I just could not imagine running 3 special consoles on any ship. Regarless of she "set" that 3rd piece gives you a bonus, yes it's true. I think the vesta it is a shield that does not take damage. The cool down is most likely 4 minutes. The way I see it, I would rather have a constant bonus to anything rather than something I could only hit once every 4 minutes, if I even needed it at all.

Think of the constantly hardened hull you could have with another neutronium. Or extra cannon damage you could get with another RCS to bring those aux cannons around. Or a fre part gen or whatever consoles to boosts that hax def dish beam the vesta gets.

That's just how I think about flying my ships. Constant bonuses, instead of 1 offs every 4 minutes.

Have fun kill bad guys
Empire Veteran
# 36
12-17-2012, 01:32 PM
people would be so much more effective at healing, tanking, turning, holding, damaging and dot'ing, just about everything if they stacked 3 or 4 of the same consoles that effect these things. your far better off that min maxed then with some P2W parlor trick every 3 minutes.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 37
12-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
people would be so much more effective at healing, tanking, turning, holding, damaging and dot'ing, just about everything if they stacked 3 or 4 of the same consoles that effect these things. your far better off that min maxed then with some P2W parlor trick every 3 minutes.

What I really, really, really don't get is people who fly a Sci ship but dump all kinds of Field Gens and uni consoles into their sci slots then complain about how their Science powers don't work so well.
Empire Veteran
# 38
12-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
What I really, really, really don't get is people who fly a Sci ship but dump all kinds of Field Gens and uni consoles into their sci slots then complain about how their Science powers don't work so well.
i know! its hilarious! why the hell would anyone use those noob crutch consoles anymore, especially on a sci ship. the sci consoles are a sci ship's tac consoles basically. shield resistance and heal cycling is about 10 times more important then actual hitpoints.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus