Ensign
There was once a General named Chang that quoted this at a Diplomatic dinner aboard a federation vessel called U.S.S. ENTERPRISE 1701-A; "We need breathing room".

I am primarily a KDF player and I agree that Cryptic is sitting on a gold mine if they look at the bigger picture to develop the KDF Faction. Unfortunately they cater to the Federation player as they seem to be more abundance of players due to being forced to play federation until level 25 before you can create a KDF character. By the time you reach level 25 the player loses interest in creating a KDF player that he/she has to grind all over again. Sure your KDF character starts off at a higher level but still less than level 25. So most players don't want to start over to grind to a level they just reached.

Unfortunately thats the nature of most players. Unless your like me and several other die hard KDF players that prefer to play Klingon. When season 8 arrives it will be a testament to whether cryptic sincerely wants to flesh out KDF faction to be equal to its counterpart the federation. In my opinion if the developers are truly trying to upgrade and add equal new content to the KDF faction they should do it in season 8. As I agree to a previous reply it should be one huge patch to fix the problem. I can only say hope cryptic realizes how much more they can get by developing the KDF Faction as I stated and many others they have a gold mine that has lots of potential.
Lieutenant
# 52
12-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachang67 View Post
There was once a General named Chang that quoted this at a Diplomatic dinner aboard a federation vessel called U.S.S. ENTERPRISE 1701-A; "We need breathing room".

I am primarily a KDF player and I agree that Cryptic is sitting on a gold mine if they look at the bigger picture to develop the KDF Faction. Unfortunately they cater to the Federation player as they seem to be more abundance of players due to being forced to play federation until level 25 before you can create a KDF character. By the time you reach level 25 the player loses interest in creating a KDF player that he/she has to grind all over again. Sure your KDF character starts off at a higher level but still less than level 25. So most players don't want to start over to grind to a level they just reached.

Unfortunately thats the nature of most players. Unless your like me and several other die hard KDF players that prefer to play Klingon. When season 8 arrives it will be a testament to whether cryptic sincerely wants to flesh out KDF faction to be equal to its counterpart the federation. In my opinion if the developers are truly trying to upgrade and add equal new content to the KDF faction they should do it in season 8. As I agree to a previous reply it should be one huge patch to fix the problem. I can only say hope cryptic realizes how much more they can get by developing the KDF Faction as I stated and many others they have a gold mine that has lots of potential.
I was playing KDF from game launch when you had to grind PvP scenarios to get any form of XP as KDF. THOSE were the days when levelling a Klingon were hard.

That being said im sure there is truth to your words...

Also Chang... As good as he was he was about as much Klingon as Torres is. That being not much at all... Sure he wore red and fought with honour but no Klingon would even care who Shakespeare was let alone recite it. Everyone except the English care not for who Shakespeare was and that's just Earth.
Ensign
# 53
12-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Q: (hippiejon) If there was ONE thing you can add to the game. Your personal dream update. Big or Small. What would it be?

Dstahl: Klingon PvE content from 1-50 with a solid PvE and PvP endgame. Plain and simple. Then after that, real Star Trek exploration.

Well Dan Stahl, given every statement you and other devs as well as STO reps have made about making the KDF a full faction equal to the Federation, I won't hold my breathe or cross my fingers until we the players actually see it. We have been promised this from the beginning when the game launched and all we have gotten since are "empty promises" but as you yourself have said in the past, "As I've said in numerous interviews - don't take me at my word - just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that."

Alright Dan, if we are to truly "judge you on the improvements that have been made to the KDF," I myself in my honest opinion think your track record "for improvemnts" isn't worth the mud on any of my captains' boots! So much for the devs doing what they promise they will.
Empire Veteran
# 54
12-17-2012, 01:28 AM
At this point if they say they want to flesh out the KDF chances are they are just saying it, and they have been saying it for a while so do not expect it to ever happen. We will see romulan factions fully fleshed out first as a pay expansion of some nature.

After which you will probably see 'KDF coming soon! (tm)' to which it will probably be some cut and past missions.

Granted there are some KDF only missions there, but if i recall it was one like..every 5 or 10 levels. Anything eles to level on was weekly episodes or dailies.

I would personally love to see more KDF content, but I'm a person who has been here since launch and use to the "We are working on it" line for some time. If it happens, great, if not well I would expect much.

Game companies these days do not ever seem to be able to keep their word, I would sooner trust a congressman's word about economic recovery than theirs.

Thats not to say I'm not greatful for whats here, I am., but you can not really expect us to trust what they say about the KDF at this point. It seem all the money is coming from the Starfleet side (Ironic considering Starfleet itself dosent belive in money) so thats where the building goes. I can understand that, Cryptic/PE wants to make money. What I can not forgive, is being constantly lied too and strung along.
Captain
# 55
12-17-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paneth48 View Post
At this point if they say they want to flesh out the KDF chances are they are just saying it, and they have been saying it for a while so do not expect it to ever happen. We will see romulan factions fully fleshed out first as a pay expansion of some nature.

After which you will probably see 'KDF coming soon! (tm)' to which it will probably be some cut and past missions.

Granted there are some KDF only missions there, but if i recall it was one like..every 5 or 10 levels. Anything eles to level on was weekly episodes or dailies.

I would personally love to see more KDF content, but I'm a person who has been here since launch and use to the "We are working on it" line for some time. If it happens, great, if not well I would expect much.

Game companies these days do not ever seem to be able to keep their word, I would sooner trust a congressman's word about economic recovery than theirs.

Thats not to say I'm not greatful for whats here, I am., but you can not really expect us to trust what they say about the KDF at this point. It seem all the money is coming from the Starfleet side (Ironic considering Starfleet itself dosent belive in money) so thats where the building goes. I can understand that, Cryptic/PE wants to make money. What I can not forgive, is being constantly lied too and strung along.
well...you've definitely helped Neverwinter Nights get re-worked.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Look into Vanilla PvP if you're tired of the endless pursuit of grind, utterly unbalanced selections of geardo-inspired traits, and generally unbalanced and careless 'development' made mostly to turn this game into a second job.
Starfleet Veteran
# 56
12-17-2012, 04:37 AM
I have to agree with statements against Cryptic on KDF advancement. I have been here since February 2010 and I have watched Dan spend his time lying (read: not telling the truth) to his customers for almost three years now. I have watched Cryptic, Atari, and PWE continue the only process they know- tell you what you want to hear and not deliver.
I really think the company needs a fresh start at the top, new prospectives and new ideas.

I don't think that Cryptic wants to finish the KDF.

I do think they want to add different factions as playable spieces in the future.

I don't think they know how to get there.

They really need to stop calling this a multi-faction game and start calling it a multi-spiece game. EVE has four factions, this game has one faction and a group of heritics to PvP with.
Empire Veteran
# 57
12-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Yep it's my fault the KDF Faction is in the state that it is, I guess I'll try harder
Only Cryptic has said its the Fans fault that the KDF is so under developed.
It is a lie meant to cover themselves and since 80% of the game is sicophants to Cryptic, the line was accepted and moved past.

My statement of not insulting the Devs is meant merely to stop the insulting of the Devs that has not helped us achieve what we wish yet and will not help us achieve it in the future. A change of Tactics , if you will.

Post what you feel is important, offer complaint on what upsets you, give honest review of what you feel is lacking for the KDF. Do not give up the good fight and wait and see if it happens.

If Cryptic and Dan have lied to us then only they will suffer as the KDF fanbase leaves and STO dies a little more in the process. Its not as if we have to stay and play STO.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 12-17-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Community Moderator
# 58
12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
At this point there should be a development group within Cryptic that only works on KDF content.
It's a nice idea, but I think it's way too soon in the game's ongoing development to be talking about a dedicated KDF team. Before they can justify doing that, they need to increase the KDF player rolls... a 1-50 levelling experience would help. I also think they need to spend a little bit more time on figuring out what KDF players will buy and putting that stuff in the C-Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhougga View Post
Q: (hippiejon) If there was ONE thing you can add to the game. Your personal dream update. Big or Small. What would it be?

Dstahl: Klingon PvE content from 1-50 with a solid PvE and PvP endgame. Plain and simple. Then after that, real Star Trek exploration.

Well Dan Stahl, given every statement you and other devs as well as STO reps have made about making the KDF a full faction equal to the Federation, I won't hold my breathe or cross my fingers until we the players actually see it. We have been promised this from the beginning when the game launched and all we have gotten since are "empty promises"
If you read that carefully, you will notice that Dan Stahl never promised anything there. That was his personal wishlist of what he'd add to the game if he got his wish. That's not the same thing as putting on his EP hat and saying "this is what we're going to add to the game in Season X".

When I read between the lines, I sense that Cryptic has a long range plan that they are, more or less, trying to execute. We aren't told exactly what that is because it's subject to change, as always, and because we as a group will probably rake them over the coals if they don't deliver when or what they said they would.

Right now Job One is keeping the cash flow going while addressing some basic weaknesses and inconsistencies in gameplay for all of the players. This is partly why FE's got put on hold the past two seasons in favor of Starbases, Fleet Actions, STF revamps and the Romulan Adventure Zone: they needed replayable long-term content for high-level characters. If they aren't able to put out FE's at least once a year, they probably don't have resources to do something like focus on KDF either.

Not holding your breath is probably wise... even if they did decide to add full KDF progression in Season 8, that's months away. I have faith that they will officially address everything on Dan's wishlist in due time... just not necessarily according to our schedule.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 59
12-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
If you read that carefully, you will notice that Dan Stahl never promised anything there. That was his personal wishlist of what he'd add to the game if he got his wish. That's not the same thing as putting on his EP hat and saying "this is what we're going to add to the game in Season X".
I read this as a politician saying he cares about something, or that something is an important issue, or that he empathizes with an audience and their situation. It sure doesn't mean that the politician is going to get into office and vote a certain way. It's a bunch of hot air.

Were I being less kind I would say it's like a drunk telling his wife that he wants to stop abusing her. Of course that would make me the enabling partner who keeps believing the person who refuses to match deeds to words. Well, pinch my butt and call me Sally I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I have faith that they will officially address everything on Dan's wishlist in due time... just not necessarily according to our schedule.
Peregrine Falcon anyone?

But yeah, Blue, we'll keep the faith. Cause there's no other Trek out there, right?
Captain
# 60
12-17-2012, 01:33 PM
It is Dan Stahl's goal to make certain the princess is always in another castle. The Twitter quote in my signature sums it up pretty well.
All cloaks should be canon.