Community Moderator
# 1 Taking Prisoners
12-17-2012, 09:10 AM
I had a thought sparked by the "Capture Madran" thread.

I don't see why certain missions couldn't include one or more Prisoners upon completion, who could be turned in by using either an existing Prisoner turn-in or exchange assignment or new ones.

It would soften the "take no prisoners" feel of combat, especially for Starfleet. It would give the Feds another source of Prisoners, which are currently not easy for them to get.

Imagine if we'd gotten a Ferengi prisoner to represent one of Madran's flunkies (who presumably has been set up to take the fall for Madran's actions)?

Or getting Prisoners for some missions where our weapons are supposedly set to stun?

Imagine if we'd been able to collect Prisoners from the Facility 4028 mission?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
12-17-2012, 12:47 PM
I like your idea very much, nice work.
Been on STO since Beta and a fully fledged veteran with the scars to prove it.
Career Officer
# 3
12-17-2012, 01:34 PM
I love this idea. It wouldn't be hard to add either I'd imagine.
We already have the press button to add Doff mission tech at the Academy or the Epohh researchers.
Pressing F on certain incapacitated enemies could add a mission called Transport Prisoner to brig. Or something like that.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Community Moderator
# 4
12-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obertheromulan View Post
I love this idea. It wouldn't be hard to add either I'd imagine.
We already have the press button to add Doff mission tech at the Academy or the Epohh researchers.
Pressing F on certain incapacitated enemies could add a mission called Transport Prisoner to brig. Or something like that.
Well, I actually had awarding Prisoner DOFFs upon turning in the mission in mind. But an in-mission assignment that you can open up would be cool, too.

I'm fairly sure that they would only be able to add a button like that to NPC Contacts (whom you can't actually shoot). Maybe some tricks could be played at the Dev level for certain missions.

Maybe instead of awarding Prisoner DOFFs, the assignment could directly grant the same or similar rewards you'd get for actually turning them in. Sort of like collecting on a bounty.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 5
12-17-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Well, I actually had awarding Prisoner DOFFs upon turning in the mission in mind. But an in-mission assignment that you can open up would be cool, too.

I'm fairly sure that they would only be able to add a button like that to NPC Contacts (whom you can't actually shoot). Maybe some tricks could be played at the Dev level for certain missions.

Maybe instead of awarding Prisoner DOFFs, the assignment could directly grant the same or similar rewards you'd get for actually turning them in. Sort of like collecting on a bounty.
As the capture options in Facility 4028 and Frozen show though the Devs do have access to tech that will keep enemies from "dying" when their health falls to zero.
Community Moderator
# 6
12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
As the capture options in Facility 4028 and Frozen show though the Devs do have access to tech that will keep enemies from "dying" when their health falls to zero.
I forgot about that.

Yep, getting Prisoner DOFF's out of that one would have been sweet. They could even put in an option to transfer prisoners from orbit, so you could go back and drop off prisoners there once in awhile.