Career Officer
# 11
12-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
I already know Starfleet is only getting Phasers for elite fleet; and that makes sense wince it's what starfleet vessels are canonically fitted with.

Does anyone know if both Quantum and Photon torpedoes will be available in Elite? Both were used in canon, so it would suck if Quantums aren't available (and I'm sure both sides are getting photons).
Most (if not all) of the torpedoes in STO were seen in canon trek.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lieutenant
# 12
12-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by natejam101 View Post
Sorry, that is not proof..and even if it is true, phasers only?

When I see the information listed in the tier 5 tooltip then I will believe it.

Thanks
How is it not proof? It's from a Dev.
Captain
# 13
12-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Most (if not all) of the torpedoes in STO were seen in canon trek.
Well, the weapons all came from trek canon, more or less. I am just talking about what Starfleet was seen to use most of the time.

They had Photons on everything since the founding of the Federation, and around DS9 era, quantum torpedos were invented, and those were seen to be installed on Defiants and Soverigns at the very least, but I think we might have seen them on more ships, that I am just forgetting.

Tricobalts were explicitly said to be an extremely uncommon type of torpedo, and special mention was paid to Voyager having 2 of these torpedoes (or was it 3) out of a magazine that can hold hundreds of torpedoes. Transphasics were only shown fitted to VOyager alone in the last episode as torpedos from the future; that would lend credence to the idea that Starfleet ships in the current time period STO takes place should have transphasics mounted as standard, but that didn't happen.

So we can see Starfleet should have access to 4 types of torpedoes, but only 2 of them saw widespread use, so those two should have elite versions at the least.

Chroniton and plasma torpedoes, were never seen on Starfleet vessels, so there's no real problem with not including them at the Elite level.
Captain
# 14
12-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Some people don't accept proof even when its staring at them. A dev has stated that it will be phasers for Elite Fleet Space Weaponry and other energy types will be available through other means. Could it change? Yes, but the dev was going by information he had at the time of the post. If that is not proof, then I might as well disregard all knowledge I have obtained from other sources of authority and start believing that I am the only person on the Star Trek Online forums since I have never personally seen another person post on these forums and all other responses beside my own are merely created by computer programs. I have no PROOF that you are not a computer program since I just assume that every forum post is generated by another person.
Captain
# 15
12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
They had Photons on everything since the founding of the Federation, and around DS9 era, quantum torpedos were invented, and those were seen to be installed on Defiants and Soverigns at the very least, but I think we might have seen them on more ships, that I am just forgetting.
The Lakota had quantum torpedoes when it fought the Defiant.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
12-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:

Thanks
Translation: I shot my mouth off and now am going to pretend the Dev Post is not reality. Cute.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
12-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savnoka View Post
Translation: I shot my mouth off and now am going to pretend the Dev Post is not reality. Cute.
This is EPIC WIN...
Career Officer
# 18
12-17-2012, 05:03 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-17-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Captain
# 19
12-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:

Thanks
Translated:

I know I'm right, don't bother me with facts.

I have one thing to say to you sir: LOL
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lieutenant
# 20
01-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Have you gotten to Teir V weapons yet natejam? Curious if you were right all along.