Career Officer
Today, I was running a foundry mission I like a lot, repeatedly. To earn fleet marks and get my fleet moving again. So I did it many times (didn't keep track of the exact number) with several toons, and it qualified for Investigate Officer Reports. I got my rewards every time, and repeated it when the timer was up.

Now all of a sudden, the same foundry mission does not tick off the Investigate Reports wrapper when completed. Now has red text in the description "Does not count for Investigate Officer Reports mission" that it did not have before.

Tried on 2 different toons, and tried it twice in a row on each. No luck.

What the hell? This happened in the span of switching toons, so it wasn't due to any patch. Is there a secret limit to the number of times a mission counts for the wrapper before you're SOL? I DON'T want to play other hour long foundry missions and I don't want to grind the same few flark missions over and over. I don't mind doing them but they get old as ****. I've played them all so many times already. It'd be nice to have another way to get the marks. Just when I thought my problems were over. >.>

Anybody else run into this problem?
__________________________________________________ ____________

Career Officer
# 2
12-17-2012, 06:16 PM
The game tracks the average play time of a mission. If it ends up falling below that threshold it will no longer qualify. No one manually changes it.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 3
12-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchaosbunnies View Post
Today, I was running a foundry mission I like a lot, repeatedly. To earn fleet marks and get my fleet moving again. So I did it many times (didn't keep track of the exact number) with several toons, and it qualified for Investigate Officer Reports. I got my rewards every time, and repeated it when the timer was up.

Now all of a sudden, the same foundry mission does not tick off the Investigate Reports wrapper when completed. Now has red text in the description "Does not count for Investigate Officer Reports mission" that it did not have before.

Tried on 2 different toons, and tried it twice in a row on each. No luck.

What the hell? This happened in the span of switching toons, so it wasn't due to any patch. Is there a secret limit to the number of times a mission counts for the wrapper before you're SOL? I DON'T want to play other hour long foundry missions and I don't want to grind the same few flark missions over and over. I don't mind doing them but they get old as ****. I've played them all so many times already. It'd be nice to have another way to get the marks. Just when I thought my problems were over. >.>

Anybody else run into this problem?
Yes, you folks were farming a short mission until the average play time of the mission got so low that it no longer counted. So, you kind of killed it by farming it. There are many other short missions out there if you look for them.
Lieutenant
# 4
12-19-2012, 01:29 AM
The "average" system cryptic uses amazes me. I do repeatable foundry missions for FMs, enjoyable ones. I don't hunt for extremely short ones that I can rip through over and over. Some of my favorites are the large space battle missions, that take -me- 20-30 minutes to complete.

Why am I being punished because other people can finish it in a few minutes with a whole team?

Thanks Cryptic, another amazing contribution to your players.
Rihannsu
# 5
12-19-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsy View Post
The "average" system cryptic uses amazes me. I do repeatable foundry missions for FMs, enjoyable ones. I don't hunt for extremely short ones that I can rip through over and over. Some of my favorites are the large space battle missions, that take -me- 20-30 minutes to complete.

Why am I being punished because other people can finish it in a few minutes with a whole team?

Thanks Cryptic, another amazing contribution to your players.
people cant complete it in a few minutes. each mission has to run for at least 15-20 minutes or so or it wont qualify and they have wasted their time.

so if you take 20 minutes to complete then its fine. everyone will have to do the same. the wrapper mission itself does not repeat less than every 30 minutes so even if you spend 30 minutes on the mission you dont lose out on anything as no one can gain the rewards any faster (unless they use alts) but then we are quibbling over 5-10 minutes which is nothing.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lieutenant
# 6
12-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
people cant complete it in a few minutes. each mission has to run for at least 15-20 minutes or so or it wont qualify and they have wasted their time.

so if you take 20 minutes to complete then its fine. everyone will have to do the same. the wrapper mission itself does not repeat less than every 30 minutes so even if you spend 30 minutes on the mission you dont lose out on anything as no one can gain the rewards any faster (unless they use alts) but then we are quibbling over 5-10 minutes which is nothing.

Actually, for space battle missions, the upscaling in enemy count is paltry when you bring another 2-3 people in a team as heavy DPS. It makes a 20+ minute mission take about 3-5 minutes in a team, which would normally take me 20~30 minutes. Which is my whole point.

I know several groups of people who park 3-4 Alts outside of a space battle foundry mission zone, then team up, and finish it in about 5 minutes, change character, do it all over again, repeat, etc.

So my point stands, why am I being punished for taking the "normal" time of 20~30 minutes to finish a mission, when everyone else can spam the living daylights out of it with alts and teams, and cause the mission to be worthless after it's flagged red?

Sharpen [Rom] or Sharpen [Hirogen] is a good example on the KDF side. It takes me a good 20+ minutes to complete, but a full team can clear the space battles in around 5 minutes, if not faster.
Career Officer
# 7
12-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Blame them for rushing through it and pushing the average time down

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 8
12-19-2012, 09:46 AM
I have no information to support my position on this, but, I am of the belief the current system is still just a place holder for something more akin to what is said to be launching with Neverwinter.

That will most likely be based on individual player time, with the red avg text only showing to give you an idea of the timing. People will try and still farm the points anyways, by sitting and waiting in a mission. But it will relieve the problem you are having, in a sense.

I think we are all used to what was there before and have gotten a little spoiled by it. Right now we're dealing with a little growing pains, but, I am sure in the end people who like you want to just do 20 30 minute missions will still be able to and will not feel like you are being punished.
Rihannsu
# 9
12-19-2012, 10:09 AM
I agree. I don't think this is a long term solution.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 10
12-19-2012, 11:40 AM
In the new interview with Primetime, rewards will scale to the length of a mission. Dan Stahl said we'd see something like this in January.