Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Ensign
# 11
12-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanpride69 View Post
I have exactly the same problem. After 1-5 minutes, on any graphics setting, my screen blacks out entirely. Then my graphics card struggles to bring up the image, with some apparent lag in FPS.

Text:
Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Sub-text:
Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7(R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I am currently running a Gateway, NV79C with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M380 @2.53GHz, 4 GB RAM (3.68 usable), 64-bit operating system.

I was never able to play on best graphics without some processor lag. However, a step down on the simple menu graphics setting allowed my machine the best performance with graphics. Now, it does not matter what I play, the BSOD (Black Screen of Death) will cause my machine to crash 2-3 times before locking my machine up. The only solution is to do a hard reset.
I'm having the EXACT same issues!I run the same intel graphics card on my laptop and also have had to lwer my graphic settings for the same reason as mentioned in this post.WTF,Cryptic?How can blame intel if it worked before the Ssn 7 patch?!?!
Career Officer
# 12
12-14-2012, 03:50 PM
I am also still getting this issue, Ati 6870 regardless if i run the game in Dx9 or Dx11. This issue has been going on since 2007. Please cryptic make this a priority.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Well I recently came back from a long break from STO and I immediately noticed that my FPS was Capped at 30 FPS, where as before I averaged 55-60 FPS, I can't seem to figure out Why this is happening, nothing in my system has changed.

System.

Phenom II X4 955BE @ 3.9GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz
HD4890 1GB
Commander
# 14
01-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsi1e View Post
I am also still getting this issue, Ati 6870 regardless if i run the game in Dx9 or Dx11. This issue has been going on since 2007. Please cryptic make this a priority.
Same issue still going with my 6900 series card. Even the GPL trade terminal in Q's Winter Wonderland has flipped polygons right on the front, apart from about 90% of the ships.
Beautiful. Magnificent.

It's not too difficult Cryptic.
You fix your exporter/converter.
You export all the ship models.
You put them in a patch.
Unless of course you have these errors in your source model...
then you should slap the artists sh*t.
Ensign
# 15
01-29-2013, 02:35 PM
I have a Problem. I run the game on hd mode 120hz 1600x1028 I suffer from a memory leak and within about 2 hours the games starts missing textures and lags and I have to clear memory to get it to run properly again on Windows 8 this game filled all of my 64 gb ddr 3 ram yesterday. this was ok last week
Ensign
# 16
02-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Just came back to the game after about a year's absence. I am getting just HORRIBLE stuttering almost everywhere; back then it was only during ground combat but now I'm getting it in certain space environments too. Funny thing is, I've upgraded my GPU from an HD5770 to an HD6870 since then, yet the older card ran the game better!

Graphics settings don't matter, it happens even with everything turned to their lowest possible values.

Last edited by rednecksith; 02-07-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Ensign
FOLLOW THIS LINK:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=519961

This started after the 1/10 Patch... Okay?
I'll start playing a mission or battle when out of nowhere the FPS drops down to approx 1 frame per 1 & 1/2 seconds. I've been playing this game since its release back in 2010 & have never had this issue untill now. Think you might consider running a Fine Tooth Comb through all recent patches, starting with 1/10 patch & work forward. Something went terribly wrong on your end. Its not a system issue. As you can see my Tower has atleast 2 to 3 times what is required to run this game.....

Mainboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia
Chipset: Intel G31/G33/G35
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2666 MHz
Phys Memory: 4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS
Hard Disk: (750 GB)
OS: Windows (TM) Vista Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2 (x64)
DirectX: Version 11.00
Audio: Realtek HD Audio Configured for 5.1 Surround Sound
Ensign
I've returned to the game after about a year, since then I've upgraded my graphics card to a good discreet ATI Radeon HD7750. The performance of the card in the game is extremely good, only I seem to have the graphics driver crashing issue people with integrated Intel graphics have been having! Apparently, the game runs normally until the graphics drivers crash, causing the game to freeze and the screen to go black. The driver then restarts and the game continues, while the problem tends to repeat itself every 5 minutes.

I'm very frustrated about this. I can understand when it affects an integrated Intel gpu, but why does it happen with my discreet gpu? Currently i've found no workarounds, i've set the game to about the lowest graphics settings possible, still crashes. I even sent a customer support ticket but was unable to resolve the issue that way. (because of an error in customer support stating that the email i've used to reply does not match the email i've registered with my account!! And that just isn't true.)
Career Officer
# 19
04-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Flickering:

The direct X 9 workarounds are not working on my machine at all.

What's worse is I've been thru three graphics cards and two computers and three operating systems over the life of this game and the backdrops in instances still flicker to this day. Today as a means to try and find a fix before searching the forums for a solution, I tried using DX 11 (beta) in the hopes that it would fix these issues. While the rest of the game's overall appearance was significantly higher, this problem persisted.

So I'm wondering does anyone know if they are finally addressing this issue on the test server?
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.

Last edited by the1tigglet; 04-02-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Ensign
# 20
04-07-2013, 10:06 AM
I can run most games without any problems with lag/chopiness like fallout NV, fallout 3, black and white 2... and the ones that do have a low framerat have at least a regularly slow framerate like skyrim. i have problems when i'm sprinting on ground missions where it will just stop mid stride and wait a bit also when i am changing directions on the ground and moving camera. in space it dosen't happen at all in combat only when i am going fast speed or whatever its called. but then i can't turn the warp speed off because of how choppy it is. its not internet, and it not my pc. or at least it shouldn't be.
Here are my specks.
Intel (R) HD graphics
(4x)Intel (R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
not sure you need sound but both Intel(R) Display Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio
4gb ram
Windows 7 x64

I have tryed changing litterially EVERY graphix setting, please help! at level 1-30 it wasn't so bad... missions were easy enough but now i can hardly complete one at level 44
sorry for multi posting, but for some reason i still can not make a new thread. it still says not untill a certain amount of time.