Career Officer
# 21
12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
All kdf ships have slightly lower shield mod then a comparable fed ship due to kdf also getting built in cloak. You just have to compensate for it by using high cap shields like Honor Guard Mk XII, and multiple field generator consoles.
Actually, the Fleet Tor'Kaht Battlecruiser Refit has a Shield Modifier of 1.1; that (and with even a MK X KHG shield) makes for a tougher ship.

Of course, judicious (and timely) use of TT, RSP and EPtS helps to make a good ship fly. Sprinkle with Mk XII Neutronium and you're good to go.
Empire Veteran
# 22
12-17-2012, 06:16 PM
How well are you versed on shield and resist tanking, OP?
What equipment are you using?
How are skilled on this toon?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 23
12-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Here's some interesting info for all of you..

I have two bugs. One on my fed and one on my KDF. Both are tacs and both have almost identical builds (phaser on fed and polaron on KDF which means I have to put more points into flow capacitors on my KDF).

My fed can outtank my KDF. KDF has HG MK XII shield and Fed has Maco MK XII shield. I find it more of a challenge to keep my shields up on my KDF. Waiting to see if the adapted HG shield (maco for KDF) actually makes the difference.

But KDF shields stink to high heaven!

UPDATE: and oh.. I can't cloak so why don't I get the same shield heal on my KDF that I get on my fed? Either allow me to equip a cloak on that ship and be all non-canon, or give me shields comparable to my Fed
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"

Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!

Last edited by tfomega; 12-17-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Captain
# 24
12-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
Here's some interesting info for all of you..

I have two bugs. One on my fed and one on my KDF. Both are tacs and both have almost identical builds (phaser on fed and polaron on KDF which means I have to put more points into flow capacitors on my KDF).

My fed can outtank my KDF. KDF has HG MK XII shield and Fed has Maco MK XII shield. I find it more of a challenge to keep my shields up on my KDF. Waiting to see if the adapted HG shield (maco for KDF) actually makes the difference.

But KDF shields stink to high heaven!

UPDATE: and oh.. I can't cloak so why don't I get the same shield heal on my KDF that I get on my fed? Either allow me to equip a cloak on that ship and be all non-canon, or give me shields comparable to my Fed
You are aware the KHG shield, being Covariat (huge cap, nerfed regen speed) w/ a built in placate functions *very* differently from the MACO Shield... which is a Resilient (5% Bleedthrough, 5% Absorbtion) with a built-in power boost (functionally +10 to everything when under heavy fire) right?
Career Officer
# 25
12-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
You are aware the KHG shield, being Covariat (huge cap, nerfed regen speed) w/ a built in placate functions *very* differently from the MACO Shield... which is a Resilient (5% Bleedthrough, 5% Absorbtion) with a built-in power boost (functionally +10 to everything when under heavy fire) right?
Of course that's why I put a field generator on my fed and a emitter amplifier on my klinker in the one sci slot that I have on both of them. I already get the shield HP boost from the HG shield. I still have to work more on my klink than I do on my fed. 5% versus 10% bleedthrough isn't what I am talking about. The problem isn't my hull and as for the 10% all energy damage that the maco gives, I'm looking forward to the adapted HG shield.. will be the first thing I get at tier 5.

Like I said.. we'll see when I get the adapted gear.
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"

Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Captain
# 26
12-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Use a Covariant Shield or Jem Hadar shield until you get the KHG one and on my B'rel EMTS 1 and 3 is your best friend as well as the cloak
Captain
# 27
12-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
Of course that's why I put a field generator on my fed and a emitter amplifier on my klinker in the one sci slot that I have on both of them. I already get the shield HP boost from the HG shield. I still have to work more on my klink than I do on my fed. 5% versus 10% bleedthrough isn't what I am talking about. The problem isn't my hull and as for the 10% all energy damage that the maco gives, I'm looking forward to the adapted HG shield.. will be the first thing I get at tier 5.

Like I said.. we'll see when I get the adapted gear.
From what I've read the amplifier boost is based on the value of the shield's regen. So, you'll get less of a boost using a coveriant shield than a regen shield. Also, while the cap modifier is 1.1 idk if the regen modifier follows or is reduced like many KDF ship regen modifiers are. I never tested this.
Commander
# 28
12-22-2012, 05:32 AM
i'm science offier kdf using mirror qin raptor 2 scienc teams 1 and 2 and 2 engineering emergency power to shields with 2 tact teams to send power to shields under fire it seems to work great i only use the level 40 jem hadar shield and engine shields seem to do fine need more for hull heal but i only use the science teams once out of battle or in danger of them dropping on sides the power was taken from to provide more frontal shields