Lt. Commander
# 1 Dark Alliance Series
12-18-2012, 04:04 AM
This is the first of at least four adventures I plan on writing for this series. This is also my very first foundry project.

Mission Name: Dark Alliance Part 1

Faction: Federation

Summary: During a rescue operation of the U.S.S. Bastion, the pursuit of an unknown enemy toward earth leads your crew to discover a conspiracy that could unravel the basis of time itself. This is the beginning of a chain of events that could forever change the course of things to come.

Required Level: 16+

Length: Approximately 1-2 hours

I'm very new to all this, so if there is something you'd like to see or find missing, please provide me with some constructive remarks. My in-game handle is @Skydawn. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-18-2012, 07:27 PM
I must repeat, by the way, that this is my first time using the foundry. My thanks for anyone who takes the time to play and review it.

However, if you're going to rate it at one star, please have the courtesy to explain what you disliked so much about it, so that I can fix it... hence, the point of being a reviewer. My entire goal is to improve. I welcome all opinions.

Thank you.

Last edited by skydawnknight; 12-19-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Lieutenant
# 3
12-19-2012, 05:58 AM
gave it 5 stars (I think ) anyway when you're talking to the admiral at the start you may want to change trainee to cadet. And perhaps top the aliens when you first met them being able to give them some sort of warning to withdraw from Federation space or you will be fired upon or something like that, just some suggestions but overall really enjoyed it,great job.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Thanks! I appreciate the input. I'll work in the suggestion about the first enemy encounter. It sounds more Starfleet reg for sure. The mission is part of the Foundry Challenge right now, so I don't know if I can make any publishing changes yet.

I also need to add some dialogue or something to it. For whatever reason, I have at least 5 maps and I thought somewhere close to an hour of play at least, but it doesn't qualify for the Officer Reports daily. I don't know if that's a game bug or not. I felt it was just long enough to not become annoying.
Ensign
# 5
01-04-2013, 08:33 AM
hello
would like to play your mission but don't know where it starts. the initial instruction says something about talk to admiral... in earth starbase? had a look around that area for the mission trigger but can't find it! might want to clarify start point in mission description
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawtyd View Post
hello
would like to play your mission but don't know where it starts. the initial instruction says something about talk to admiral... in earth starbase? had a look around that area for the mission trigger but can't find it! might want to clarify start point in mission description
Take the turbolift in Space Dock. It's the one right in front of the Admiral's office and across from the fountain (where Q is right now). It's in the mission text when you first get the mission, but it seems to get overlooked, especially if you don't read it right away. I do the same thing sometimes. I will put it in the actual mission description so as to clarify the starting point.

Thanks!

by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Edit: The "Transfer Character" bug has been fixed and the mission is playable again.

Last edited by skydawnknight; 01-09-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Part 2 is up!
02-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Sorry for the delay on publishing Part 2 of this series. I've been in the process of a 1500 mile move.

Anyhow, the mission is finished and published finally.

Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Note on Part 2. The third map tends to be a little buggy, so there might be some BOff pathing issues. This is an in-game foundry bug, and not a mission bug, so there's very little I can do to fix it short of rebuilding the entire mission.

I added respawn points to both sides of the map to compensate for this.

Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2013, 10:06 AM
OK, the pathing bugs have been worked out, so final version:

Dark Alliance 2: Black Spiral

Synopsis: In this sequel, you and your crew are invited by Admiral Fielding to an ambassador's gala to discuss this strange new enemy. As the Alliance secretly plots your demise, old friends and new foes become entangled in a conflict that will create as many questions as answers, and reveal and dark truths never meant to be uncovered.

Faction: Federation
Required Level: 31+
Mission Length: About 30 min to 1hr+ depending on different dialogue and optional choices
Mission Type: Story/Combat combination - Designed for solo play only

Last edited by skydawnknight; 03-02-2013 at 04:01 AM.