Captain
# 21
12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
THe people (such as myself) who complaing about not getting enough romulan marks, are the same group that wanted the previous STF grind to count for more. We have done so many STFs, that an elite is mere routine, In less than twenty minutes we can have 80 marks without breaking a sweat and be ready for the next one. Every once and a while you get extra marks in your drop bringing you above 100 for the run.

I can run Azure nebula rescue or vault ensnared, on the other hand, and only make out with a couple dozen marks for the same time spent, and those require so much flying around, it's irritating.
Career Officer
# 22
12-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
THe people (such as myself) who complaing about not getting enough romulan marks, are the same group that wanted the previous STF grind to count for more. We have done so many STFs, that an elite is mere routine, In less than twenty minutes we can have 80 marks without breaking a sweat and be ready for the next one. Every once and a while you get extra marks in your drop bringing you above 100 for the run.

I can run Azure nebula rescue or vault ensnared, on the other hand, and only make out with a couple dozen marks for the same time spent, and those require so much flying around, it's irritating.
Agreed. I did an epic Rom Mark grind the other day for the Rom Rapid-Torpedo (500 Marks) - I didn't have any marks 'cause I'd spent what I had on unlocking Mk XII Plasma DHCs/Turrets so I started from nothing - it was horrible.

Tau Dewa Patrol: 60/60 Marks.
Radiation Reports (Space): 10/10 Marks.
Tholian Red Alert: 0/30 Marks - couldn't get into it even once.
Azure Nebula: 13/?? Marks - seriously, 13 Marks? WTF?
The Atlai: 10/10 Marks
Mine Enemy: 15/?? - again, massive time-sink, pitiful rewards.
Winter Epohh hand-in: 100/200 - no crits yet.
Regular Epohh hand-in: 0/400 - did the tagging but no Marks for 4-5 days...

So that's 208 Romulan Marks - the rest I made up from - you guessed it - scanning radiation - 30 marks for 300 scans, average of 25 scans per radiation site = 120 times.

All for a *bugged* Torpedo launcher - it's pretty fair to say that I hate New Romulus
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 12-17-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
12-18-2012, 05:11 AM
How do you scan radiation in space?

As it stands now:
Omega marks: 2900+
Rommy marks: 52

I have to be doing it wrong...
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-18-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdeadman View Post
How do you scan radiation in space?

As it stands now:
Omega marks: 2900+
Rommy marks: 52

I have to be doing it wrong...

Heh. Whereas my Rom is at 900 (plenty of time to build up since I just entered the Tier 4 rep run), and my Omega is 22 (at Tier 2). But, like I said, I haven't dived into STFs yet. Plus I've been distracted by holiday stuff, so few trips out to Defera.

Scanning radiation in space - you can get a daily quest that directs you to satellites in five of the patrol systems, where you can scan for rad reports. Not sure if you need a certain rep tier, or have to do the ground based rad scanning a bunch of times first, to unlock that daily.

...honestly, I don't even necessarily want the high-end Omega stuff. I want the Borg engines (because "going faster in sector space" seems like one of the most useful abilities in the game, for everything), and because I kept seeing all these ships with wacky spikes & crap sticking out of them while I was leveling. They looked cool, and I thought "hey, I wonder where you get that!" So yeah. Go fast, and cosmetics.
Survivor of Remus
# 25
12-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Sector patrol
Bunny breeding
Snow bunny breeding
Rommy FA
New Rom missions

With all this I knock out about 500 rom marks in 1 hour and a nice 400 boost every 5th day. The marks drop ratio is fine. Spend less time complaining and more time doing the missions and objective
Survivor of Remus
# 26
12-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Agreed. I did an epic Rom Mark grind the other day for the Rom Rapid-Torpedo (500 Marks) - I didn't have any marks 'cause I'd spent what I had on unlocking Mk XII Plasma DHCs/Turrets so I started from nothing - it was horrible.

Tau Dewa Patrol: 60/60 Marks.
Radiation Reports (Space): 10/10 Marks.
Tholian Red Alert: 0/30 Marks - couldn't get into it even once.
Azure Nebula: 13/?? Marks - seriously, 13 Marks? WTF?
The Atlai: 10/10 Marks
Mine Enemy: 15/?? - again, massive time-sink, pitiful rewards.
Winter Epohh hand-in: 100/200 - no crits yet.
Regular Epohh hand-in: 0/400 - did the tagging but no Marks for 4-5 days...

So that's 208 Romulan Marks - the rest I made up from - you guessed it - scanning radiation - 30 marks for 300 scans, average of 25 scans per radiation site = 120 times.

All for a *bugged* Torpedo launcher - it's pretty fair to say that I hate New Romulus
A perfect score on mine enemy during rommy marks hour nets you 120
Career Officer
# 27
12-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
Sector patrol
Bunny breeding
Snow bunny breeding
Rommy FA
New Rom missions

With all this I knock out about 500 rom marks in 1 hour and a nice 400 boost every 5th day. The marks drop ratio is fine. Spend less time complaining and more time doing the missions and objective
Sorry, that's just BS spin - yes, if you have your ducks (bunnies) in a row you can get a decent amount of Rom Marks on a given day, but take the Epohhs (and the time it takes to breed them) out of the equation and it takes a heckuva lot longer than 1 hour to acquire 500 Marks.

Spend less time being an apologist and more time realising that Rom Marks rewards in line with what's given out for STFs isn't a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
A perfect score on mine enemy during rommy marks hour nets you 120
I've never seen this - but then again, every time I PuG Mine Enemy, the team I'm lumbered with doesn't seem to have a clue what to do - guess I'll have to try and find a group on PESTF...
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 12-18-2012 at 09:43 AM.