Starfleet Veteran
I just crafted the T5 Romulan Rapid Fire Plasma Torpedo, only to find out that it should actually be a "Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher" and part of the Romulan space weapon set. At the moment, it has the stats of an Omega Torpedo Launcher but has no charges and does not work with any BOFF torpedo ability.

After some research, I also found out that the torpedo is not technically live yet and will enter the game at some future date. Well, people like myself have already hit T4 Romulan Rep. Will we also discover that the Romulan Experimental Plasma Beam Array is also not finished in the current patch once we hit T5?
Captain
# 2
12-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Next week I will know if the Romulan Experimental Plasma Beam Array is in the game or not, but considering that they took out the Flamethrower, but not the Plasma Beam Array points to it being in the game.

As for the Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher, I bought it on one character and put it in storage. I don't expect it done until next month.
Career Officer
# 3
12-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Why does everybody just press the "New Thread"-Button... There are a lot of Topics in the Gameplay-Bugs-Section:
Rom Rep lvl 4 reward bug
Romulan Tier 4 Rapid Plasma Torpedo Launcher

If you would use the forum-search, you would find those Threads and you would finally get to the following link:
Twitter - Cryptic EQAH

and there you could read: "Fix soon (TM)"...

If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsten1009 View Post
Why does everybody just press the "New Thread"-Button... There are a lot of Topics in the Gameplay-Bugs-Section:
Rom Rep lvl 4 reward bug
Romulan Tier 4 Rapid Plasma Torpedo Launcher

If you would use the forum-search, you would find those Threads and you would finally get to the following link:
Twitter - Cryptic EQAH

and there you could read: "Fix soon (TM)"...

The problem is that those previous threads did NOT provide any answer to my question. "Fix soon" could be next year for all we know. I was hoping to prod a Dev into providing a more current answer as opposed to an auto "use search" response for a non-answer in threads that were last updated 3 days ago...

Last edited by shar487a; 12-18-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
12-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
The problem is that those previous threads did NOT provide any answer to my question. "Fix soon" could be next year for all we know. I was hoping to prod a Dev into providing a more current answer as opposed to an auto "use search" response for a non-answer in threads that were last updated 3 days ago...
Ok, what do you expect? - The Torpedo-Launcher will be out within one week (Valve-Time (TM))?

If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
Captain
# 6
12-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Should be updated in the next patch as it is heading to Tribble now: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...61#post7141861

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
12-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Should be updated in the next patch as it is heading to Tribble now: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...61#post7141861

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Thank you Brandon! Your official reply is most appreciated