Starfleet Veteran
I have been told that snowball mounds are shared (whether you are teamed or not); well, I was not teamed and had four rewards ripp-off because the system gave them to someone else. Th only time I actually received the item I found was when I was the only one at the pile. All four times happened because someone else came along and started digging in the same pile. That is not shared... that is RIP-OFF!
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-18-2012, 01:26 PM
It also doesn't work that way.

If you where not teamed with anyone then any drop of Christmas items found when you pick up the snowballs is only for you and can only be access by you.
Someone can not come along and steal them.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
12-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Sometimes objects appear but you don't collect them while accessing a pile with another person there. I actually suspect that it incorrectly displays items they've received rather than your items. Either way I tend to go to a snowball pile by myself just in case.
Career Officer
# 4
12-18-2012, 01:36 PM
It's the well from ESD 1 year anniversary... Works in exactly the same manner, except it auto-loots.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 5
12-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Works fine you just have to spend hours at it.But if you dont like it then go waste some money in the exchange and get the items there.
Rihannsu
# 6
12-18-2012, 01:45 PM
I miss flailing my arms about in the water fountain.
Career Officer
# 7
12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintaris View Post
I miss flailing my arms about in the water fountain.
This.

Truth +1
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 8
12-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64 View Post
had four rewards ripp-off because the system gave them to someone else.
The logical opposite of this is that you could receive "someone else's" items. How many people have you "ripped off" by "taking" "their" drops?

If you're assuming that whenever an item drops from the pile it gets randomly allocated to someone that's digging at that pile, you have the same chance as anyone else there.

Items aren't yours until they're in your inventory.
Ensign
# 9
12-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
It also doesn't work that way.

If you where not teamed with anyone then any drop of Christmas items found when you pick up the snowballs is only for you and can only be access by you.
Someone can not come along and steal them.
ehm no others do get your stuff if you don't loot it faster, some say you auto loot, that's not true either i can stair hours to the lootbox if i don't click it i get zip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
The logical opposite of this is that you could receive "someone else's" items. How many people have you "ripped off" by "taking" "their" drops?

If you're assuming that whenever an item drops from the pile it gets randomly allocated to someone that's digging at that pile, you have the same chance as anyone else there.

Items aren't yours until they're in your inventory.
ehm yeah possible, but then again its a design flaw imo, and lately cryptic is making more bugs then ever, what the hell can't they code a simple event anymore, or better yet if this is like it needs to be, then by GOD fire that dev who came up with that idea!
takes forever to get items and then to see someone loot it faster lol, bad idea!
then again its Q who made the event right, i can see this work like this then ... oh shoot just gave cryptic the way out to not fix it! its Q damz.
Career Officer
# 10
12-18-2012, 10:32 PM
I have my Loot set to Auto...

I've shared many a snow pile and have yet to see anybody 'rip me off'.

My only complaint is that it seems that the drop rate this week, is less than it was last week.

I know The Cereal has stated that there has been no change..

But I am certainly not getting the same quantity of of items in the same length of time, that I was getting last week.

I managed to acquire both the snow weapons within the first few days simply by treading through the piles for a couple of hours each day. (and three or four Mega-Frosty encounters)

This week with another toon I have barely managed to scrape together half of the necessary numbers in just about the same amount of time. (even with many more MF encounters)

Today I put all of my acquired holiday items into my Account Bank simply to be able to finally get the Avalanche gun for the toon I've been using since Friday.

I don't really care if the numbers have been tweeked, but at least be honest about it.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.