Captain
# 21
12-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunjee View Post
If the fleet's rules are to only use canon/faction-affiliated ships in group events, then that's the fleet's prerogative. If you don't agree with those rules, don't join that fleet. It's no different then a fleet requiring a specific fleet uniform..
But to use that fleets prerogative as reasoning to not make the ship a lock-box item? Come on now! I have to call the Whaaaaaaambulance on situations like that!
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-18-2012, 04:34 PM
He's got his reason, same as everyone else.

I'd rather see it as a lock box simply because I don't want to see a million of them. As it is, ESD space is already plum-full of non-Starfleet ships..

Seeing Federation member ships was really, really rare. Seeing Federation crew on an enemy ship was even more rare. Whenever you dealt with the Federation, you were more then likely going to be dealing with a Starfleet ship.

Not anymore.
Empire Veteran
# 23
12-23-2012, 03:53 AM
Hasent this ship been promised since the first faction ship hit the Cstores? (AKA the vulcan ship) I would hope it hits the Cstore, and has a fleet version.

On a side note I dont think any of the lockbox ships have a Fleet version, nore probably ever will, and having it in the Cstore makes it accessible to everyone (Or anyone wanting to spend money).

Most people who want ships in a lockbox want it just so they can buy it off the exchange for EC, while nothing wrong with that kinda makes putting it in the lockbox in the first place moot.

Edit: also Cstore ships are useable by all your alts (faction wise anyway). thats more worth my money than a random chance at one of my characters getting it.
Lieutenant
# 24
12-23-2012, 03:36 PM
The Andorian ship shouldn't get a fleet version without the Vulcan D'Kyr also getting a fleet version
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
12-29-2012, 01:09 PM
I'd rather any and every ship be available in the C-Store so people can fly the ship they want without paying stupid amounts for a chance to get one. It's just a game, what other people use is none of anyone else's business.

Wanting to purposefully restrict a new ship is selfish and elitist.

As for wanting to limit the amount of none-fed ships flown by feds, it's far too late for that.
Captain
# 26
12-29-2012, 03:49 PM
This ship is so hyped I don't think they'd ever put it in a lockbox. If they did, the backlash would be significant.
Commander
# 27
12-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
This ship is so hyped I don't think they'd ever put it in a lockbox. If they did, the backlash would be significant.
I must have missed all the hype. Nothing near what the Vesta had going.
Commander
# 28
02-16-2013, 11:02 AM
I vote for it to be a C-Store ship. It is unfair for the majority of the userbase to see yet another elitist lockbox ship that most people can't afford. It takes an average of 100 keys to obtain a top prize ship, average mind you.

The argument of being able to buy them on the exchange is equally void and elitist, since people ask insane and ridiculous amounts of EC for such ships, which most people can't afford. I for one, have to scrape things together just to even see 1 mil EC.

PW and Cryptic are companies that think in terms of profit. They will decide on the option that makes most money for them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
02-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
I'd rather any and every ship be available in the C-Store so people can fly the ship they want without paying stupid amounts for a chance to get one. It's just a game, what other people use is none of anyone else's business.

Wanting to purposefully restrict a new ship is selfish and elitist.

As for wanting to limit the amount of none-fed ships flown by feds, it's far too late for that.
I'd absolutely agree with this. I'm prepared to buy something from the C-store but I am not prepared to gamble away $100's just for the chance of getting it. Quite frankly it's bad enough nearly all ships go in to the C-store without them all being lockbox drops too. That's why it was nice to get the Ambassador as a reward rather than buying it.
Career Officer
# 30
02-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Any ship put in a lockbox automatically prevents it being used by some of us

An Andorian ship is ideal for Andorians
and perhaps a later update or fleet version could be even better

But I would be kicked out of our "gang" for STFs if I turned up in a lock box ship of any kind
(we have infact recently lost a guy who went Renegade and started using a temporal vessel)
i would think temporal ships are canon. i mean, i can understand showing up in a d'kora or a galor would be frowned upon, but a temporal ship? there was one in...voyager? iirc? if there's been one that came back, no doubt there were more. and were captured/gutted/refitted with 24th/25th century gear, and reissued.

what about mirror universe ships? those are canon and lockboxed.

not criticizing, just confused and looking for clarity