Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tonight, Friday, December 21st, at 12AM/ Midnight PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE (12/18/12 @6:06PM): We're moving this maintenance to Thursday morning. The information above has been updated.

UPDATE (12/20/12 @6:56AM): We're moving this maintenance to Friday morning. The information above has been updated.

UPDATE (12/20/12 @5:31PM): We're moving this maintenance up to tonight at midnight. The information above has been updated.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-20-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
12-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Wow, 4 hours down time. I may actually get something productive done with my day haha.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
12-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Wooo! Looks like you finally got around to fixing super-crits in STFs! Very happy to see this, and I look forward to extensively testing it and going over the battle log to see what's what!

Thanks Devs!
Career Officer
# 4
12-18-2012, 04:32 PM
One day early and twice as long = High probability of breaking more than it fixes.....

Good luck Devs.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Captain
# 5
12-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Maintenance? On a Wednesday? *spit-takes*
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lieutenant
# 6
12-18-2012, 05:17 PM
From Login Screen:

Quote:
We will be performing shard maintenance on December 19th from 6-9 AM PST (1400-1700 UTC). Please check the forums for more information.
from Bran Flakes

Quote:
Scheduled Maintenance (December 19, 2012)
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Wednesday, December 19th, at 6AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 4 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Since I understand many players are very nit picky about the times being correct. I believe you have an issue.(note bolded areas)

6-9 AM PST (1400-1700 UTC)= 3 hrs

Therefore, shouldn't the time be:

6-10 AM PST (1400-1800 UTC) = 4hrs
Career Officer
# 7
12-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Probably because of the approaching holiday... Maybe many want to jet and get out of town.

But holy crap! I new this patch was going to be big when they let loose a slew of fixes on Friday of last week. Then two more Tribble releases after that! Just fix and fix and tweak after tweak! *Slow clap*

This patch was a super NPC nerf though... looks like I'll be able to steam roll PvE even harder than before.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Ensign
# 8
12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Awesome patch. NPC nerfs too sounds interesting.

P.S - I was just getting used to the super one shots as well.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
12-18-2012, 05:53 PM
So given that some of those Omega/Romulan Tier powers are set in stone once purchased, and given that they will likely be nerfed/improved as time goes on, will we be seeing respec tokens to address Tier powers we selected?

I mean if Officer Joe got the Superior Shield Repair skill after seeing what it does in the game with other people, and then turns around and finds out it now only does a fraction of the healing after the patch, Officer Joe is kind of stuck and maybe he wants to get the other power now instead.

That's the problem with having 'permanent' unlocks that can't be changed -- if Cryptic decides to screw around with them, we're stuck with their decision and can only make informed selection at whatever state said powers/abilities are currently in, and have no control if they change at all (especially unfavorable change) in the future.

I'm all for reading the patch notes and dev discussions, but even the best of us can't accurately predict the future on what Cryptic will or will not do with permanent set-in-stone powers.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Captain
# 10
12-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
So given that some of those Omega/Romulan Tier powers are set in stone once purchased, and given that they will likely be nerfed/improved as time goes on, will we be seeing respec tokens to address Tier powers we selected?

I mean if Officer Joe got the Superior Shield Repair skill after seeing what it does in the game with other people, and then turns around and finds out it now only does a fraction of the healing after the patch, Officer Joe is kind of stuck and maybe he wants to get the other power now instead.

That's the problem with having 'permanent' unlocks that can't be changed -- if Cryptic decides to screw around with them, we're stuck with their decision and can only make informed selection at whatever state said powers/abilities are currently in, and have no control if they change at all (especially unfavorable change) in the future.

I'm all for reading the patch notes and dev discussions, but even the best of us can't accurately predict the future on what Cryptic will or will not do with permanent set-in-stone powers.
You can respec your rep passives, if you have a token, goto the respec person and use the clear all button and put things back but with at least 1 change as it wont allow you to press the accept button, once you have reset those then go to the rep page and repick - i did that earlier

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=488061
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Closed Thread