Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Career Officer
# 51
11-20-2012, 08:23 PM
I believe I posted a separate thread at some point about the same issue, but I would also like to see the saucer separation and missing windows bugs fixed.

Mucho support on this matter!
Ensign
# 52 Dissapointing
12-18-2012, 06:16 PM
I was going to buy the joined trill and bellophoron but after reading this thread Im not going to bother, Ill just run through the free content and call it good. too bad that this is how this company treats its customers.
Career Officer
# 53
12-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven772 View Post
I was going to buy the joined trill and bellophoron but after reading this thread Im not going to bother, Ill just run through the free content and call it good. too bad that this is how this company treats its customers.
That's a horrible excuse for not wanting to buy some items.

I never even noticed until you guys said something.
Captain
# 54
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
That's a horrible excuse for not wanting to buy some items.

I never even noticed until you guys said something.
Well the customer is (almost) always right. It's not really a horrible excuse, if Cryptic wants his dollar, they'll fix it.
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!
"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
RIP Sensor Analysis
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-18-2012, 10:38 PM
People have to remember that this is Star Trek. You're going to spend as much time looking at your ship as you are your toon, maybe more. If your toon was missing eye textures or had gigantic black square blotches on his/her cheek, people would complain, and rightfully so.

Just look at how many threads have popped up--just from the winter event--about tiny little things. Winter jacket clipping with this, scarf clipping with that..In my opinion, the ship is just as important as the toon, and should be as perfect as it can possibly be.

Look at some of the Bridge Commander models. Many of them were knocked out in less then a week, have high-resolution textures and look incredible.

Why can't that be done now?

I understand there's only one ship modeler and they're doing the best they can, but pretty major issues are being swept under the rug and being "blamed" on canon. Like the lack of floodlights on the Steamrunner's registry. It's "canon". Because a 20 year-old low-poly low-resolution background model didn't have them..Or the bow shuttlebay is missing because the reference photos used were of ILM's model converted to (and screwed up by) Maya.

Cryptic, if you guys need help, ask. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the community with at least moderate modeling/texturing experience that'd be more then happy to help for very little in return. I know I could fix all of the Steamrunner's problems in lightwave in about a half hour..And I'd do it too, given the opportunity. For free..

Last edited by wunjee; 12-18-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Ensign
# 56
02-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I've got to bump this even if it's old. I purchased both the Venture and the Galaxy-Retrofit last night, and as much as I like the Venture neck, having mismatched windows is a serious eyesore. Heck, I bought the Venture pretty much just for its ship costume parts. Reading through this thread, I see that this has been known about for long enough that it needs to be fixed! If the ship model issues are too time-consuming, then just sync the window textures between models and fix the Venture saucer's windows. These are otherwise beautiful ships and I'm looking forward to flying my Retrofit, but until this is fixed I can't customize my ship the way I truly want it.

To anyone who says I should've read this before buying, I'd like to know what would've triggered me to search for Venture window problems?
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
07-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Throwing all kinds of bumps at this. It may be ancient, but I'd like to see it acknowledged/fixed before the fleet Galaxy X comes - if it ever comes. I've had the phaser shotgun listed in my power tray for months, I'd really like to shoot something with it.
Commander
# 58
07-05-2013, 03:32 PM
lol...I just came back, and this was one of the first things I checked.

And...the windows are STILL broken. I was going to buy 2k zen to get the fleet version, because it would look gorgeous with the windows fixed.

But, it wasn't fixed, and I'm not spending more money on something that is still broken.

Cryptic, it's kind of hard to sell broken stuff. Just have somebody fix the windows already; it's not a big time investment, and for a variant of such an iconic ship, with which many of us grew up and were introduced to Star Trek, it's well worth the effort.
Commander
# 59
07-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Bump...still waiting on some sort of response.
Starfleet Veteran
# 60
07-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Another week - another bump - another in game ticket.