Rihannsu
# 11
12-18-2012, 05:58 PM
with cryptic already messin with the reputation system skills, when will the respec for them become available? dec 27th? jan 3rd?
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
12-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
So given that some of those Omega/Romulan Tier powers are set in stone once purchased, and given that they will likely be nerfed/improved as time goes on, will we be seeing respec tokens to address Tier powers we selected?

I mean if Officer Joe got the Superior Shield Repair skill after seeing what it does in the game with other people, and then turns around and finds out it now only does a fraction of the healing after the patch, Officer Joe is kind of stuck and maybe he wants to get the other power now instead.

That's the problem with having 'permanent' unlocks that can't be changed -- if Cryptic decides to screw around with them, we're stuck with their decision and can only make informed selection at whatever state said powers/abilities are currently in, and have no control if they change at all (especially unfavorable change) in the future.

I'm all for reading the patch notes and dev discussions, but even the best of us can't accurately predict the future on what Cryptic will or will not do with permanent set-in-stone powers.
Standard respect tokens do reset the rep system IF you reset all your specs.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
12-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
You can respec your rep passives, if you have a token, goto the respec person and use the clear all button and put things back but with at least 1 change as it wont allow you to press the accept button, once you have reset those then go to the rep page and repick - i did that earlier

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=488061
That's very informative. I was not aware of this.

So I guess the next question is -- are we going to see free respec tokens when they drastically alter gameplay mechanics, now that the reputation tier powers can be cleared with them?

Cryptic has at one point given free respec tokens when they signifigantly altered gameplay mechanics and systems regarding the skill tree. I don't see why reputation powers should be excluded.

I know it'd affect their profits by offering free respec tokens when they could just make Officer Joe buy a token if he's unhappy with the way they changed his reputation power. But it'd be the ethical thing to do.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 14
12-18-2012, 06:04 PM
UPDATE: We're moving this maintenance to Thursday morning. The OP has been updated.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
12-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
UPDATE: We're moving this maintenance to Thursday morning. The OP has been updated.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
A welcomed notice. I'd rather see a patch hit holodeck when it's ready instead of getting it out asap.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Captain
# 16
12-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
make your mind up , next it will be friday at this rate
Captain
# 17
12-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
"Console - Universal - Nadeon Detonator" will now enhance any standard torpedo, instead of only functioning with Photon Torpedoes.
oooh baby, speak to me.
Commander
# 18
12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
make your mind up , next it will be friday at this rate
No, no, no....it MUST be on a Tuesday. Canon, people!!
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Captain
# 19
12-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Could we get descriptions of what the newer things like "Reactive Shielding" correspond to(I.E. T4 Omega Reputation Passive), for those that haven't memorized these things yet?

Is "Quantum Singularity Manipulation" part of the Romulan Space weapon/console set? I've been neglecting that reputation side so far, and STOWiki doesn't know what it is yet.
Career Officer
# 20
12-18-2012, 08:43 PM
What a shame, I'll have to put that mountain of ironing I need to do off for another day. Haha.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Closed Thread