Empire Veteran
# 1 season 8 tweet leeks starting
12-18-2012, 09:27 PM
soooo... following obscure threads..apparently season 8 is in discussion and the tweet leak is along the lines of Season 8 so much story OMG.. with coments on the tweet leek thread of "jaw dropping through floor" from another dev.

I will permit myself to hope..if season 8 is the season of the KDF maybe... just maybe...

No Must Resist, Must Not Hope.. Hope Leads to desire, Desire Leads to Dissapointment, Dissapointment leads to anger.. anger leads to many many many more uber negitive posts on the boards...

..betcha thought I was gonna say the Dark side.. Nope, not gonna happen.. 1. wrong universe.. 2. Already KDF and there anyway..

still... If they are gonna leak and it is KDF content.. NOW would be a very good time..

for Roddenberys sake tell us Stahl..yes, we just might gloat a little.. its not like we haven't earned the right many times over...

Khemaraa sends.

P.S. we of course will start getting tortured with hints now over the next several months.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Commander
# 2
12-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Bah Humbug mode on:

Guessing you didn't read the November(?) Ask Cryptic then.

Edit:
Found it, it was November's
Quote:
Q: (ebrithil1) As much as I love all the new content you've been pushing out for the Feds, I like my Klingons too. When can we expect to see you fulfill the promise you made to expand the content on the red side?

Dstahl: Personally, I?m still very committed to ensuring the KDF has levels 1-50, more so than I can even publicly talk about because it would involve going into details about all the internal conversations I?ve had within the company about this topic. It is my goal as EP to make this happen and the only thing that I can give you is that I?m fighting for it and want to do it. It just isn?t official yet.

Last edited by purvee1; 12-19-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-19-2012, 01:42 AM
ohhh you need to go back a few more months.. he specificly stated several months back that season 8 was slated for a very great amount of KDF specific content.. go look back about from june forward and you'll find it.

ANd the join date under my avater image is incorrect.. I've been posting and playing for over three years now... and I've read every ask Cryptic etc thats ever been written.. which is why I seem somewhat negative.. We KDF have heard stuff before.. but several months back he did all but swear up and down season 8 was going to be the KDF season.

He's been getting his nipples worked in a number of public veues over the last year about the lack of KDF content.. One of the reason STO'ked stoped was the disapointing treatment of the KDF by the studio..J man never out and out said it, but he left a lot of clues to his unhappiness with what Cryptic wasn't doing. When THE most watched/listened to pod cast concerning your product gives up on you its time to start paying attention. Several podcasts have put the question to him continuously over the last year of "How about them Klingons" awareness has grown that the lack of KDF content IS hurting the game. so.. I have a little hope..maybe, just maybe this time he wasn't lying.

of course, some just call that salesmanship/product promotion.. Trek Klingon fans don't quite see it that way..

Old Klingon Proverb.. If You Don't want a thing heard, then don't say it.

he's said it many times..tooo many times with little or no followthrough.. so thats why you see the bitter and angry postings on the KDF section of the forums..

that back rounds is for the few reading here that might not be aware.

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!

Last edited by oldkhemaraa; 12-19-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Captain
# 4
12-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
Old Klingon Proverb.. If You Don't want a thing heard, then don't say it.
I thought it was: If you don't want a thing heard, kill the one carrying the message. Let those in Gre'thor hear it instead.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Empire Veteran
# 5
12-19-2012, 12:22 PM
I've heard that one. My version of it is from J.M. Ford's "Final Reflection" as stated by Captain Krenn of the IKV Mirror.

possibly my favorite tale of Klingon life ever written.. it's an original universe pre-TOS story.

Empire Veteran
# 6
12-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 7
12-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst.
Enterprise, Phlox, 2154.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lieutenant
# 8
12-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Enterprise, Phlox, 2154.
You, sir, have won 100 internets.

Seriously though, we need more KDF content.

Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
Career Officer
# 9
12-20-2012, 09:44 PM
I'd sooner believe in random Tweet leaks then what they say officially here.

* holds paws up in defense *

Hey come on, you all know about their record. A few scratches and a lousy album cover.
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
Empire Veteran
# 10
12-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Last tweets I saw were to the effect that the content for S8 were HUGE, so we shall see, but not getting my hopes up for anything to do with levels 1-50.

I love Trek, but I am also a Space sim fan just as much if not more so with Star Citizen coming in late 2014 and hopefully Elite: Dangerous in early 2014 I doubt I will be playing STO, especially if they have failed to really improve on the KDF and add the Romulan faction.

Look at this pre-alpha teaser trailer for E

Scavenger Hunt

It will be fun, but I have also wished CBS would get a clue and hire developers to make a truly galactic Star Trek game set in a procedurally generated galaxy where you could easily go on a 5 year mission of exploration .

Oh well, I do think STO, at least for me, captured the feeling of Star Trek from the point of view of episodes, just get the darn factions fixed .