Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Captain
# 1 Skill effect research
12-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Anytime I'm working on a respec, there is this one issue that really throws me off. The actual effect of putting x amount of skill levels into a certain category is very much obfuscated. To know if it's worth it to put 9 instead of 6 points into a skill you basically have to rely on experience and guessing. If I search the board for info the results are scattered into individual posts through hundreds of topics and usually only talk about a single skill each. And more often than not, in the same topic there'll be another voice who vehmently disagrees. STOwiki also has basically zero information on skill scaling as well.

So I'm asking, what do you folks base your skill builds on? Is there a place on the net where all the info has been collected and I just didn't find it yet?

I have a char that still has 5 respec tokens left. I just transfered him to Tribble too, so I'll do some testing tomorrow. Would the results be interesting for anyone else? Should I try to add it to StoWiki perhaps? Am I wasting my time?