Empire Veteran
# 21
12-18-2012, 09:01 PM
So this patch will also fix the multiholds that the snowmen do?
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
12-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Hmm what counts as a standard torpedo? Nadeon detonator with a tricobalt torpedo would be interesting.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
# 23
12-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
Is "Quantum Singularity Manipulation" part of the Romulan Space weapon/console set? I've been neglecting that reputation side so far, and STOWiki doesn't know what it is yet.
It's the Romulan reputation Tier 5 skill. It doesn't come in item form, so it isn't part of any set.
Ensign
# 24
12-19-2012, 02:14 AM
You mean my captain bio might actually say U.S.S. Vaudeville again?! About time!
Captain
# 25
12-19-2012, 02:44 AM
So the rumor mill about the T4 shield passive changes are a little...well, some elaboration would be more than a little nifty, eh?

So the tooltip was ~1050/6s. There was an issue where the 6s was 1s. So it was actually ~6300/6s. Tada, complaints about it being borked.

Some folks have posted from Tribble that it's showing 265-288/6s. Course, couldn't get them to answer whether that was actually 6s or if it was like the previous 6s which was actually 1s.

Say we go with the 1050/6 and the 265/6.

It should have been 175/s. It was 1050/s.
With 265/6, you're looking at ~44/s.

So that's a drop from what should have been 175/s (but was 1050/s) down to 44/s.

We didn't have the chance to test the actual 175/s. It was the lol1050/s and now we're (well, not me - not yet, was only planning to take this on one of my three toons) getting ~44-48/s or so.

That is, unless that ~265/6 is actually ~265/s - which would work out to ~1590/6. Technically higher than the 1050/6 - but since we had 6300/6, it's actually lower.

So a wee bit of clarification with that might be helpful - even if somebody wanted to chirp in with what they saw on Tribble.

Now, speaking of the T4 passives - the Omega Graviton Amplifier - the kinetic proc.

751.4 kinetic damage to the hull - not affected by/ignores shields.
Not affected by resists.
Not affected by buffs.
Not affected by debuffs.
Regardless of what's going on, it's always 751.4... is that just a combat log display error - or - is it simply not affected by anything: ignores resists, buffs, debuffs?
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 26
12-19-2012, 05:09 AM
Still no fix for Romulan BOff and DOff traits. I hope you guys know that the entire recruitment line of the embassy is currently a total waste of time and resources, save for this ONE Kit for Tactical Officers. I have apparently wasted an abundace of time, Fleet Credits and Dilithium on these BOffs only to get cheated.

Renaming these Romulan traits (as the patchnote says) doesn't exactly solve this issue, Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-19-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkoreking View Post
Standard respect tokens do reset the rep system IF you reset all your specs.
Whoa, wait... it does???

How does that work? If you reset all of your personnel skill specs with a respec token, the reputation system (Omega, Romulan, both?) resets to zero? Or do you just get to again choose your passive power unlocks?
Career Officer
# 28
12-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
What a shame, I'll have to put that mountain of ironing I need to do off for another day. Haha.

Or you can get a job where you can wear wrinkled clothes....
(Just sayin' )
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
12-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiederichs View Post
Whoa, wait... it does???

How does that work? If you reset all of your personnel skill specs with a respec token, the reputation system (Omega, Romulan, both?) resets to zero? Or do you just get to again choose your passive power unlocks?

Yes it does, I can confirm as I've just done this.

You must choose the "reset all" in the skill retraining screen, then set up your skills as you would like and click "accept"

Then when you go to the reputation screen it says "pick one" over all of the T1 reps, so it's as if you'd got to whatever level you are at without claiming a passive. Very handy!
Captain
# 30
12-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Approximately four to five days ago, I started to play an entirely different game. While some of these fixes are welcomed, I am going to hold off signing into "Star Trek: Online". Before I do jump back into the action, I would like to see if Cryptic will 'consider' the following:

First, the ground STFs have some serious glitches. Lag, overpowered npcs, one shot kills, running psycho Borg, etc... Something is extremely wrong with the stability and coding behind the ground stfs.

Second, the remodulator does not work effectively with the anti-borg gear. Regardless about if you have the Omega Reputation Power or not, the Borg adapt to the anti-borg weapons way too quickly. You have to remodulate too frequently. Its is interrupting the fun value of the ground stfs.

Third, the ground Omega/Maco/Honor Guard MK X - MK XII do not feel like they are 'special'. Even though they have neat looking visuals, the gear's only other redeeming element is the integrated remodulator. If these ground pieces are specifically geared towards fighting the Borg, why are they not powerful enough to impact the stfs? Perhaps this is a glitch? I don't know. I can see the Borg adapting slightly faster to the Anti-Borg weapons; however, they should not be doing so with the specialized gear.

Fourth, majority of the players are no longer playing ground stfs. While trying to queue into the ground stfs, I noticed that only a handful of people play them. If their difficulty settings, glitches, and rewards are the problem, perhaps someone needs to reexamine why people like to play the ground stfs. Even though I personally like having a challenge, I think Cure and Infected elite and norm have become way too difficult. I use to play those ground stfs, but now I avoid them like the plague.

Fifth, after I unlocked my ground stf weapons stores, I noticed some older items have been removed. Where are the Anti-Proton Pulsewave Rifles? Where are the other Anti-Borg weapon types? Where did the phaser minigun go?

Sixth, the reputation system, fleet bases, and embassy gates are too bloated.

Here is how it currently works to get one item:
  • Step One: Grind through a number of projects to level a single tier.
  • Step Two: Once you get to the end of a single tier, you have to grind more resources to claim it or activate its upgrades.
  • Step Three: Upon completing certain upgrades, you have to grind to obtain the provisions.
  • Step Four: Once the provisions are completed, you have to then grind to obtain resources to buy the desired item.

As a result of too much work going into grinding resources and unlocking gates, the players are not able to enjoy the items they obtain. Since they become fatigued from all of the resource gathering, people are giving up on playing the game. Everyone is getting cranky, annoyed, and fatigued. While I understand grinding seems to be a standard for MMOs, the game mechanic is making single-player offline games seem more enjoyable.

less grind = more fun.
less grind = more freedom.

On another note, I personally think "Star Trek: Online" has three different player bases. Withing one side of the room, you will find players that are accustomed to the grinding. Within the other side of the room, you will find players that are rpg diehards. At the center of the room, you will find people who like both types of gaming styles. As a result of have three different types of players, the grinding element of "STO" becomes problematic.

While the roleplaying crowd likes to play through Featured Episodes, the other crowd likes to grind out tons of resources. If "Star Trek: Online" keeps pushing for the grinding mechanic, the rpg gamers will eventually leave the game.

Since Cryptic has abandoned the development of Featured Episodes, exchanging them for the Foundry Spotlight, I do not see how they can come up with an easy solution.

Last edited by linyive; 12-19-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Closed Thread