We have the Facility 4028 in the foundry, which is a nice map, but we don't have the sliding doors, the horizontal and vertical forcefield they use in the mission. The assets currently in the foundry are not made for this map.
1) Some method of improved lighting for custom interiors.
2) Transporter Pad
3) A ramp that is a plane instead of having a block bottom.
4) The opening door from the Tuffli freighter (as well as other non-starfleet opening doors).
5) A ceiling/floor more appropriate for a starship or starbase.
1) Tholian NPC contacts and enemy groups both in space and ground.
2) New Romulus interior maps (warehouse, cavern, cave, etc).
3) Transporter platforms / pads (Nagorak's idea).
4) Starfleet NPC groups as enemies (for friendly skirmishes, space battle exercise, ground exercise, holodeck training, etc).
5) Rival enemy group squads (Nausicaan, Orion, Klingun, Gorn) for KDF missions.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
1) U.S.S. Devitte Interior
2) Tholian Space/Ground Npcs
3) A feature that allows me to place player into Npc ship (like the doomsday mission where you get dumped in a klingon BOP)
4) More "Wall" props.
5) Terran Empire Flag
"If you can't be a team player, atleast be a shield."
I'm new. What I'd give 100k dilithium for is an indoor map that was nothing but a big empty box.
zahinder, you might want to watch the tutorial linked in my signature. It's not quite as good as an internal map since the lighting is weird, but we can make pretty good custom interior maps, regardless.
But that is a good suggestion. What would be nice is having an interior map that is the size of an outdoor map, but has a lighted ceiling, and at the edges instead of walls, which we could put ourselves, it had a view of the stars.
I hit a problem where I really wanted a rather clean, simple small space, but everything I could find either had loads of props or absurdly high ceilings. Thankfully, the way lighting works, a platform to cut the ceiling down and some walls to block the rest of the complex works fine. It's slightly darker, but that actually works for what I'm doing. The map looks goofy, but whatever.
I also considered making an 'indoor map' constructed in the same outdoor map you start in, but floating 500 units above. If you make it JUST high enough, the ceiling would get cut off and you could the interior in map. Yay!
Eeeeexcept the outdoor map I'm using has snow baked into the map. Sigh.