Lt. Commander
# 21
08-22-2009, 01:43 AM
If you read the description it doesn't say that its borg, it has similarities to the borg as in the metal and green, however I don't think this is supposed to be borg, i've seen the borg ships in the game from the various video's and screenshots and its not the same. So i'm going to assume it is not borg, it is interesting however, when you look you can see its practically all box shaped attached together, then suddenly there is this big pyamid on top, i'm guessing the designers have thought that this could be kind of a thrown room or city chambers building type thing. Who knows it could even be as simple as an entertainment complex, but its very different from the rest of the city, so i'm guessing they wanted to signify it being something special.

Ah well could make an interesting mission/story, I like this screenshot!
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-22-2009, 01:58 AM
The Borg will have evolved over the years as well, this looks like a good interpretation to me.

One approach that could be interesting is to have Borg subfactions.
Have a few queens claiming part of the overall Collective.
Could create interesting storylines as Borg fight among eachother, perhaps even include the Alpha-Beta factions somehow in their internal conflict. (Green hued vs Grey hued vs Black hued Borg? ) Other times they might stand together if they feel collectively threatened by the impure.
I can see missions quickly build on that, f.e. one where your cloaked ship has to go recon and finds a meeting between 2 queens...
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-22-2009, 02:09 AM
Hmmm I had thought it would be Borg as well at first.

Like the ship though!!! Looks beautiful.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-22-2009, 02:17 AM
Perhaps its semi-Borg. If I had to say what I'd go with an assimilated space station from 'Masks' (TNG). The 'city' looks to me like some Borg/Aztec fusion.

Not the actual one from 'Masks' but a similar one floating around somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-22-2009, 02:36 AM
its a nice screeny! perhaps borg perhaps not! might be somthing to do with the modified outposts they spoke about.

niceeee come on sto!
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-22-2009, 04:00 AM
Ooo a Screenie!

Not impressed if it's Borg, hopefully it's some kind of outpost for another race... but I doubt it
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-22-2009, 05:22 AM
Doesn't anyone read anymore...
sigh...

It's NOT Borg
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonllama View Post
Doesn't anyone read anymore...
sigh...

It's NOT Borg
I love how people capitalise words in an attempt to shut people up.

It could be Borg, there is no proof otherwise
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-22-2009, 06:16 AM
dammit... 20 weeks trying to get the delta quadrant only to be destryoed and respawned at the nearest starbase :@ :@:@

<boom>
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-22-2009, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo999 View Post
dammit... 20 weeks trying to get the delta quadrant only to be destryoed and respawned at the nearest starbase :@ :@:@

<boom>
LOL.

Brilliant.

I doubt we will be leaving the Alpha Quad or parts of Beta Quad (Klingon.Rom Empires) so I guess the Borg need a HQ in the Alpha Quad and this could be it.

Ignore the nay sayers. This is Booooooorg!
Closed Thread