Starfleet Veteran
Hello people.

Which of the two abilities listed in the title do you value the most and why? If you prefer TSS3 over ST3, does that opinion change when you have Development Lab Scientist DOFFs on duty?

Thanks!!
Career Officer
# 2
12-19-2012, 12:41 PM
generally most folks run with 2 tac teams. any time you use a "team" ability, it puts the rest on cool down for 15 secs. TSS3 would be unaffected by this.
Career Officer
# 3
12-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Agreeing with darimund, it depends on what else you are running. If you are running 2 other Team powers one of the three Teams will always be on cool down. When I was team PvPing I ran one each of the Teams though, so that I could throw the appropriate heal to teammates as necessary.

I find in some builds that running a sci team AND TSS is very effective at keeping shields up and certain aggravations (like AMS and jam sensors) at bay.

Again, it depends on what else you have going on in your overall build.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Depends on the mission, for example, Hive Onslaught... the Borg Queen throws a lot of Sci attacks like subnuc... Science Team clears those attacks and gives you a large shield heal, so you share a cool down with TT but you get a decent heal outa of it especially if the Aux power is up.

And you can use Science Team on you or a team mate.

Pros and Cons to both.........

thx
Locutus
Captain
# 5
12-19-2012, 12:52 PM
i would personally go with TSS 3,

Shield HoT + tactical team is a wonderful combo,

Sci team clashes with tact team, and while its a large shield heal to all facings, its a singular heal, if your in pve/pvp where you shield facing can be blown away in an instant you ideally want a tact team to fix that quickly, while sci team does heal sci debuffs... i would personally run TSS3 and possibly a lower level sci team depending on the build/ship/doffs of course
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
12-19-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm running a science ship without Tac Team. I generally have both TSS and ST but I'm really torn between which of the two is better to have at a higher level. I appreciate the HUGE and constant instant boost that ST3 with the right DOFFs gives you, but that TSS3 reduction to shield damage is not to be scoffed at.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-19-2012, 01:10 PM
IMO, it still depends on the mission....I have TT and ST for the Borg Queen, but for Fleet Actions, I dont need ST unless the Tholians appear or someone that uses a lot of Sci Attacks.

I switch BOFF's in and out depending on what I need before I start the mission.

Getting subnuc'd with no way to restore is not fun ......

Thx
Locutus
Ensign
# 8
07-13-2014, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
generally most folks run with 2 tac teams. any time you use a "team" ability, it puts the rest on cool down for 15 secs. TSS3 would be unaffected by this.
I doubled up on ranks II and III of engineering team, and extend shields with 2x shield transfer strength I AND 1x science team II on my star cruiser. I can use one of each of them to restore a friendly target on one pass. However on my science vessel: Shield transfer strength does share a cool down with feedback pulse But all of the shared cool downs are only half the time.
Captain
# 9
07-13-2014, 05:43 AM
tss. unless im in undine zone.
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Career Officer
# 10
07-13-2014, 06:31 AM
Good God who woke up this zombie thread...no more 15 second cool down on different team powers.

Moderator let's get rid of this old thread.

[Edit]
And this is why we have rules on necro posting...

~Askray
http://www.libertytaskforce.com

Last edited by askray; 07-13-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Closed Thread