Captain
Since the recent patch, Enemy NPC's can see through invisible walls.
Captain
# 2
12-19-2012, 09:54 AM
I've not had a problem, can you post a mission name and ID so I can see whats up? Perhaps it's not the walls but something else.
Captain
# 3
12-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
I've not had a problem, can you post a mission name and ID so I can see whats up? Perhaps it's not the walls but something else.
"Wounded Sky", by @drkfrontiers. Though for this reason not published yet. Thanks!
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-19-2012, 10:42 AM
You should always include the mission ID number in a bug report, published or not. That way if Cryptic's QA people want to go look at it they can find it easier.

Anyway, is it just me or are we getting a greatest hits album of past Foundry bugs. Falling through floors, map transitions taking forever, walls not being solid. All the old favorites.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 5
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
When was the latest patch? I think I was using invisible walls fine last night in preview mode

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Rihannsu
# 6
12-19-2012, 11:09 AM
I did notice during my testing that enemies could fire through a forcefield prop.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 7
12-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I did notice during my testing that enemies could fire through a forcefield prop.
I noticed this too, that's when I put the invisible wall there and it fixed it

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 8
12-20-2012, 02:37 AM
Hi all,

Sorry invisible walls still a problem for me. Here is the project ID - ST-HGFBIDSUN.

Invisible walls are used around an enemy group at a checkpoint. Depending on the response given the NPC's "become" hostile or not.

It work previously before S7 perfectly and I have used this numerous times.

So, I tried using the new functionality of making contacts disappear and the NPC appear.

I have two issues with this.

1.) It breaks the immersion as the contact is seen disappearing and the NPC's appearing.

2.) The contact is "half-in-half-out" the ground? I have noticed this with other NPC's too and when I walk up to them they disappear.

I would really appreciate some advice.
Career Officer
# 9
12-20-2012, 03:27 AM
Invisible walls are still working for me. I have found, like you, that some of the old "work arounds" still work better than using the NPC/Enemy appear/disappear feature.

Are you using "Invisible Wall - Tall"s? If so, make sure you are placing their Y value to be slightly below ground so that you can be sure there isn't a gap at the bottom that can be seen through (putting the Y value down by 5 or so should be sufficient, and the invisible wall - tall will still stick up quite a bit higher). Also, it might help to put a double layer of walls so that the player's boffs can't jump through and trigger the enemies accidentally.

I'd also suggest boosting the Y value of the enemies so that they are off the ground. They'll still spawn on the ground, regardless of whether they are set slightly off the ground. However, it will ensure they don't spawn beneath the ground. It sounds to me like your NPCs are spawning beneath the ground and thus seeing beneath the invisible walls.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 12-20-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Captain
# 10
12-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Invisible walls are still working for me. I have found, like you, that some of the old "work arounds" still work better than using the NPC/Enemy appear/disappear feature.

Are you using "Invisible Wall - Tall"s? If so, make sure you are placing their Y value to be slightly below ground so that you can be sure there isn't a gap at the bottom that can be seen through (putting the Y value down by 5 or so should be sufficient, and the invisible wall - tall will still stick up quite a bit higher). Also, it might help to put a double layer of walls so that the player's boffs can't jump through and trigger the enemies accidentally.

I'd also suggest boosting the Y value of the enemies so that they are off the ground. They'll still spawn on the ground, regardless of whether they are set slightly off the ground. However, it will ensure they don't spawn beneath the ground. It sounds to me like your NPCs are spawning beneath the ground and thus seeing beneath the invisible walls.
Thanks bud. I will give this a try. Hopefully this works