An entire hour talking about the Foundry... I fell asleep.Nice show anyway
http://flotahispana.com/imagenes/fhlogoforo.png

Siguenos en: Facebook | Twitter | Google +
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
12-20-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I can clear up the confusion... My KDF toons seem to have massive outbreaks by being poisoned by Fed Diets being passed on to them
Beat me to it...

The Klingon Faction shows just how you feel everyday?
Survivor of Remus
# 13
12-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
That's how we feel all the time! That's why we're always confused by the doom and gloom we see on here sometimes.
I can clear that up for you. A few things that come to mind are the dishonesty surrounding the Season 7 launch, KDF left out in the cold for content possibly because they don't make as much money as the FED stuff, and the increasing amounts of grind/time gated content the game is moving towards.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
12-20-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
I can clear that up for you. A few things that come to mind are the dishonesty surrounding the Season 7 launch,
"Dishonesty"? What do you mean?

Quote:
KDF left out in the cold for content possibly because they don't make as much money as the FED stuff, and the increasing amounts of grind/time gated content the game is moving towards.
Seriously, that seems to be quite a vocal minority position.

Some people are managing their emotions and their gameplay experience badly. Nothing Cryptic does will change that, only those people can.

I concentrate on a single toon at a time, over weeks, with playing the others only occasionally during that time. Guess what, I have a lot of fun with the Reputation systems (tier 4/4 on my current main, 2/2 on two others, rest 0/0), and will have that fun for months to come over the other toons (next one being my first of four Klingons), even when my first toon has reached tier 5.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Captain
# 15
12-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
"Dishonesty"? What do you mean?
You mean other than Stahl coming onto the forums and blatantly lying to the face of every single player?
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
12-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
You mean other than Stahl coming onto the forums and blatantly lying to the face of every single player?
Would you care to actually spell out exactly what you are referring to, for those of us who haven't kept a checklist of everything that gets said everywhere
Captain
# 17
12-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
That's how we feel all the time! That's why we're always confused by the doom and gloom we see on here sometimes.
if you'd like, im sure i can round up a ton of "promised" content, updates, stuff, pvp, that has been said by him and various other employees that has yet to ever happen, been told wont happen, out right lied about.

that might be while theres so much doom and gloom.

3 years of "misleading information" tends to do that to a player base.

yet most of those people still have high hopes for the future of this game...

actions speak louder then words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?

Last edited by maicake716; 12-20-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Captain
# 18
12-20-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
Would you care to actually spell out exactly what you are referring to, for those of us who haven't kept a checklist of everything that gets said everywhere
"the cloaking bug will be fixed"

later became-

"the cloak is working as intended"

or maybe-

"new pvp content is in the works"

becomes-

"pvp will be the focus of season 6..... no 7..... no 9"

take your pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 19
12-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Thank you Dan for that interview. One of your better ones. I love to bust your chops when you dont deliver or give spin. I felt like we got a lot of honesty and great explanations into why things are why they are and why they take longer than we think they should. When you explain things you do with good detail, and how you are trying to protect the brand as well, we may not like that, but we can understand that. Every interview you do needs to be this quality. We dont need smoke blown up our chimneys, just clear logical explanations of things behind the scenes and the smart and reasonable fans can truly understand what you are saying and where you are coming from.

I will say this though. You care about your brand a lot and not wanting things circulating on the net showing your game in a bad light. I get that. But I think you need to aim some of that care for your brand as care for the Star Trek brand as well. And you all make a lot of bad decisions in how the STAR TREK brand is portrayed across the net through this game via pictures and forum talk. The reputation of the Star Trek IP is more important than the individual reputation of Star Trek Online the game. Please remember that, and dial it back when you all are tempted to do over the top silly things we'd NEVER see done on any one of the TV series or movies.

You allotted Foundry time after your work on seasons is done. Thanks for that, but you need to remember Foundry can crank out potentially awesome content much faster than you all can. Authors shouldnt have to wait for asset updates that long. I think you should seriously consider adding Foundry hours to the schedule of those who can add to the Foundry. Like last 4 hours of every Friday or something. Take constant little bites of progress out of it weekly, then take a big bite out when the Season work is over. STO is first and foremost judged by the CONTENT it releases. And when Star Trek fans say content, we are talking STORY. So, even if those four hours every Friday hold back a Season launch back by a week or so, fine, accept that and schedule for that. It makes little sense to hold back potential Foundry stories that could be coming out while authors are waiting for assets in the time you guys are making your big Season story production. Keep feeding the Foundry progress weekly so the odds of good foundry content getting produced and released during your season production time is higher. If you want authors to help you build the STO brand, you gotta keep them steadily fed with encouragement and inspiration of seeing new assets added weekly, instead of starving their inspiration for months at a time as they try to develop content off of all the old set pieces and limitations.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
"Captain, the entity appears to be A New Accord"
Captain
# 20
12-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
Certainly.

In the runup to S7s launch there were major concerns on Tribble regarding removal of rewards from STFs, as well as worries about the conversion from salvage items into marks and bnp.

Stahl came in and made statements to the effect of "we're not going to touch payouts on STFs" and "you'll be getting equivalent buying power". (In a different thread awhile back I put together a clip show of most of these, post is here).

Then S7 launched, and all of those statements were proved to be patently false. If it wasn't for the uproar of a united population you'd likely still have zero dilith or loot payouts from STFs, and a completely useless Daily Reports (foundry) mission.