Captain
# 11
12-20-2012, 09:41 AM
The viceroy is unnamed in the film.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 12
12-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
The viceroy is unnamed in the film.
ah
Hehe my bad :p
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 13
12-20-2012, 10:28 AM
I liked it. Granted its not my favorite, but I had the best starship battle in Trek, especially given all the little things that we have never seen before during the battle, like an actually busy bridge during the battle, texting, and of course the shake platform that the bridge was built on to show actual actor expressions.

The movie suffered from no real back story to the elements of the film and the movie was too Picard/Data centric.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
12-20-2012, 10:35 AM
one word

FRAKES
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
12-20-2012, 10:50 AM
I personally like it overall. And I liked it more on repeat viewings.

Quibbles:
-Bland direction: didn't really get the most out of the actors with the exception of maybe Tom Hardy, whom I liked as a villain.
-Interior action scenes were unexciting.
-B4 was kind of useless as a sub-plot.
-Ron Pearlman was criminally under-utilized. It's frickin Hellboy for crying out loud, give him more to do!
-Data getting <redacted.

Things I liked:
-It's Star Trek.
-Shinzon is an interesting villain and Tom Hardy a good actor (BANE!!)
-Romulans. Even though the movies wasn't really about them, I always long for more Romulans. Far too little of them in the series and movies.
-Good space battle. Badass ship designs as well.
-Guinan getting in a good one liner.
-Wesley cut from the movie.
-Good music, fun callbacks to prior scores as well.
-Data not really getting <redacted>

So yeah. Not my favorite but not all bad. Definitely better than Star Trek V.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 16
12-20-2012, 11:56 AM
" Definitely better than Star Trek V."

Understatement of the century. Lol. Didn't Roddenberry want to decanonize
ST V?

Porthos is not amused.
Captain
# 17
12-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
- Ah yeah, forgot about that bit, a full blood transfusion or something, been a while since i last watched and payed attention

- But still where did the B4 pop up from ^^

- its a bit of a worry when neither of us can remeber the guys name XD such a memorable and well write character, as for geordi, knowing his luck it would have been him doing a kirk xD poor georgi in TNG normally being the one getting thrown about O.o'
Yeah, something about needing all Picard's DNA to stabilize his own... Everything was done so he would be able to live, and of course, bringing Picard to him, was easier than cruising the galaxy in the Scimitar trying to track him down

Yeah, B4's origin was a bit of a "It's here, accept it..." kind of thing, but equally, Soong must have had various prototypes prior to Lore and Data. A bit of a stretch to believe that Shinzon was able to track him down though...

I was about to say that thinking about it, I don't remember the viceroy being mentioned by name, but someone's beaten me to it
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
12-23-2012, 04:25 PM
He [Shinzon] is a young lad! He wants to play Games and be naughty. And people can bent way over the mark on something there keen to do IE : Get Picards blood to make it possible for myself to live and then do what one is supposed to do. Big deal ? Also I think it is very watchable and I really don't see any thing wrong with it
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...

Last edited by jumpingjs; 12-23-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Grammar Correction
Captain
# 19
12-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Shinzon's motive was partially revenge. He is human, and because of that the Romulans condemned him to slavery. He has presumably grown to hate humans, which is why he identifies himself as Reman.

He is also tormented at the idea that he is a clone of somebody else, somebody famous enough to make the history books. He therefore wants to outshine Picard, by doing something so horrible that Picard's good deeds will essentially be forgotten.

Yet he is still curious about Picard, and about the life he could have led if their positions were changed. That's why he put off kidnapping Picard for so long.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q