Cryptic Studios Team
We've added a test item vendor to Tribble!
  • The purpose of this vendor is for the developers of Star Trek Online to be able to receive and respond to your feedback on these items and powers, without needing to wait until they are available on Holodeck, and without requiring max-level in the Reputation system.
  • With that in mind, some of the high-tier rewards that won't be obtainable on Holodeck for several weeks may require polish.
    • There may be some bugs and placeholder animations or FX.
  • Season 7 Test Items:
    • Players may now visit a contact on DS9 that will allow them to purchase many different items that would otherwise require high tiers of Reputations in order to obtain.
    • Several store inventories are available, and include old and new Omega and Romulan Space Sets, Omega Ground Sets, and all of the newly-introduced unique items associated with each of these Reputations.
    • There is also a TEST ITEM inventory which includes Consoles for space and Armors for ground that will grant players the powers associated with the Reputation Trees.
      • Different variants are available, and each contains different powers.
  • This vendor is only going to be available for a limited amount of time.
Rihannsu
# 2
12-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Thank you very much for adding this in.

I know I could wait and see for myself, but since I'm at work and bored, what is required to purchase these items and such on tribble? I am hoping nothing so everyone can go hog wild and get some good data both for the players and for you.

Also, why a limited amout of time? And how much time is limited?
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Every item costs 0EC.

The vendor will likely be active on Tribble until our next major feature rollout, which may not be until Season 8. No firm timeline can be guaranteed, though.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
sweet

on another note...im guessing there wasnt a patch today on holodeck?

considering how big it was it would make sense for it to be tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 5
12-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Every item costs 0EC.

The vendor will likely be active on Tribble until our next major feature rollout, which may not be until Season 8. No firm timeline can be guaranteed, though.
THANKS! and hopefully itll be around for every season so we can actually test things
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Ensign
# 6
12-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Thank you for adding this in, it has been greatly needed for some time. now if all the items on the C-Store would be available for testing as they come out as well that would also be brilliant.
Captain
# 7
12-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Now make this a regular feature of Tribble. Very nice addition. Will test as soon as I can.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Rihannsu
# 8
12-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Every item costs 0EC.

Thank you again. Can I ask that when the next major roll out occures you keep this system in for changes like the rep system?
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 9
12-20-2012, 12:28 PM
I'll be at T5 in around 5-6 days. Best all be polished up for then
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
12-20-2012, 12:48 PM
A few quick things to point out in regards to these items:

For the purposes of testing Reputation Space Powers, only equip one Test Console from each Reputation at a time. Equipping both from a single Rep may skew test results and experiences, as doing so will grant you both options from each tier which players do not have the option of doing in a real-world environment.

Fun? Yes. But inaccurate.

This doesn't really apply to Ground since you can only slot a single Armor item anyway.

Also, there is a known bug with the Flamethrower, which causes it to behave erratically while in Shooter Mode. This is also the reason it has been pulled from Holodeck temporarily, while we integrate new technology to allow it to function correctly. It should work fine in RPG Mode.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...