Career Officer
# 21
12-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
That's how we feel all the time! That's why we're always confused by the doom and gloom we see on here sometimes.
To be honest, I think a lot of that can be put down to the fact that you guys look at the game with "long term" vision. You know the changes you plan to make, you envision the content you plan to add etc. Where as the player base actually play the game today, sure we love the fact that more content is coming, that more changes (for the better) are coming, but that doesn't help us out if you guys do something that effects the game negatively today, while we're playing it.

I enjoyed the interview. With the recent feedback from the team in multiple sources to let us know what sort of things are on the way, I am pretty excited. I'm also much happier with season 7 now than I was at it's launch thanks to many of the changes which have been made due to feedback.

Now if you could make Lobi Crystals account bound so I could actually use them to buy things, and fix the cut-scenes in the featured and remastered episodes so they can be skipped when you've seen them 20 times before (nothing stops people playing good missions like a 15 minute cut-scene they can't skip), that'd be great thanks.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
BRING BACK ENDGAME FOR THE 'NON DPS CHAMPIONS'!!!!
Commander
# 22
12-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
To be honest, I think a lot of that can be put down to the fact that you guys look at the game with "long term" vision. You know the changes you plan to make, you envision the content you plan to add etc. Where as the player base actually play the game today, sure we love the fact that more content is coming, that more changes (for the better) are coming, but that doesn't help us out if you guys do something that effects the game negatively today, while we're playing it.
This. I'm sure the game would be great if everything you wanted to put into the game was in game already. Its been 3 years and the game is still not approaching a "finished product" in MMO terms. Its still not there with only 1 full faction and no pvp to speak of. This game is still missing a lot that passes as standard in any proper MMO.

Getting from A to B is what people are unhappy about. Especially when we don't seem to be making any real progress towards B. And you spend vast amounts of your time reworking A so that people are distracted from the fact you haven't moved any closer to B.
Captain
# 23
12-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
That's how we feel all the time! That's why we're always confused by the doom and gloom we see on here sometimes.
That's a matter of point of view Taco. We can't see where the game is going, we see it where it is. The only way we can share your feelings is if we know what you guys know, unless you tell us, we have no idea.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 24
12-20-2012, 02:42 PM
the only thing I got out of that interview is overlord stahl getting giddy about letting players develop content for free. Hell that could be a boon *shrugs*
Career Officer
# 25
12-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Very clever use of demo record, that must have taken some time to put together. I really liked watching this interview.

I like seeing the dev interviews, they really come across that you guys love the game you are making and are enthusiastic about its future. It's come a long way in the past couple of years, I'm pleased the game is still here, and it's good to hear your ideas for the games future developments, and that STO will be around long term.
Commander
# 26
12-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
STO is first and foremost judged by the CONTENT it releases. And when Star Trek fans say content, we are talking STORY
Not certanly for players from the Americas (and Latin Europe). For us "story" is the last in our list of prioties, since STO isn't translated yet into Spanish.

And considering this, we also believe that CONTENT, in a STO MMO implies more than single-coop player story missions, but more and less instancied interactive content (specially PVP), that get us INTO the Star Trek universe.

Cause that is what is about the entire idea of an Star Trek videogame. For tell us histories we have the series, movies and also the books, but in a videogame is not the point, but the possibility of you being the captain of your own adventire, and that your decitions affects to the quadrants, something that is the basis on every MMO, but not this one yet.

Last edited by lter; 12-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 27
12-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lter View Post
And considering this, we also believe that CONTENT, in a STO MMO implies more than single-coop player story missions, but more and less instancied interactive content (specially PVP), that get us INTO the Star Trek universe.
Does the New Romulus Adventure Zone count?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 28
12-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Would you mind not attributing words that others have posted to me please?

Thanks.
Commander
# 29
12-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Does the New Romulus Adventure Zone count?
Well, its a great innovation meaning an adventure zone full of social "mini-games". It's kinda cool, but... I personaly would like to feel myself into a grat Star Trek adventure, defeating klingons (true pvpeers klingons) in order to dominate some sector of the quadrant.

Bout New Romulus, well, the same problem mentioned above for Americas and South Europe, tons of text that are meaningless for us (I personally understand some english, but when im playing i dont like to put too much effort translating tons of text).

I dont understand why the producer of STO hasnt yet decided to launch the game into the huge Star Trek fanbase and gamer community of Americas and Spain.

Then we may agree with those who ask for more Story content but for now, we only past our time Pvpeing, cause "pew pew" is an universal language

Last edited by lter; 12-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 30
12-20-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm actually surprised it hasn't been translated to Spanish. It's one of the most common languages in the world

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan