Career Officer
# 3171
12-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Vala: Admiral Cole. Jolan Tru.

Admiral North, I'd like both your opinions on our guests.
Cole salutes: preator. I don't trust them. Simple as that.

North: I am still unsure. We have heard mixed reports from our prowlers inside federation space.
Captain
# 3172
12-19-2012, 02:07 PM
*Voporak regains consciousness, still in the nacelle pylon, and pulls out his tricorder*

Voporak: Well. Obviously no one checked in here. I suppose there's a good reason for that. According to the blueprints for the Odyssey class this corridor shouldn't exist.

*He looks at the tricorder again and tries everything to locate residual traces of the temporal rift*

Voporak: Aha! Chroniton particles. Computer, is the ship still capable of flight?

Computer: Flight can be maintained for 37 seconds.

Voporak: That will cut it close, but it's my only chance to pull my last trick.

*He climbs back into the stardrive section, heading for a hidden cargo bay. Once inside, he starts gathering components for something*

Voporak (as he assembles something that vaguely resembles a miniature warp core): Computer, transport all personell except for me off the ship on my command. Reroute all power including life support to the transporters, except for impulse engines.

*He walks down a hallway towards main engineering, carrying the device he has built. He sees a rescuer coming his direction*

Voporak: Engage transporters.

*Everyone but Voporak is dematerialized from the Dreadnought, only to reappear outside on land. A few minutes later Voporak enters main engineering*

Voporak (now going partly insane trying to get back to his time): Let's rock and roll.

*He pulls open a hatch, revealing a slot that matches the shape of the device. As he places it in, he taps a console*

Voporak: Captain's log. In my last attempt to fix the twisted situation I am trapped in, I am going to use the time-space displacer.

*He presses a series of buttons on another console. The ship rises and flies forward*

Voporak: But then again, how did I get into this reality?

*The ship hovers over the spot where he chroniton particles are, and Voporak intiates the displacer*

Voporak: Past...

*He links the displacer to the past*

Voporak: Present...

*He links it to the present*

Voporak: Future...

*And finally to the future*

Voporak: They have no meaning to me.

*He intertwines the two timelines, and space is visibly warped around the Dreadnought. But to his horror, the direction he set for the displacer goes out of control and activates into a time period he did not plan for*

Vopoprak: No... this can't be happening!

*He notices on the displacer's display that it is forming a temporal bubble, which snaps off into Voporak's timeline. The bubble surrounds and displaces a particular point in space-time, and everything becomes clear to Voporak*

Voporak: My goodness... I sent myself here!

*The Dreadnought disappears in a flash. But space is warped again and the U.S.S. Black Phantom-A appears. The Dreadnought is thrown back in time to when it first appeared in this reality. Starfleet Command's message about the Phantom's disappearance is also reverberated across timelines*

*Voporak opens his eyes in main engineering of his Defiant class ship. The crew that was on the Dreadnought remember everything, or up to when they were killed. The others not present before in this reality are in shock; to them, it appears as if the Phantom was in the Donatu Sector one moment, but now it is hovering above some M-class planet. Voporak of course remembers all that happened. He gets to his feet and goes to the bridge*

Voporak: Now I know what happened. But that still doesn't fix my problem. In fact, it seems I only created it. Take us into orbit, Adam- *he remembers that Adam is no longer aboard the ship* -I mean May (new helmsman (or helmswoman, rather)).

Voporak (as the ship ascends through the atmosphere): We have warp core, right?

Jirad: Yes sir, it is back.

*Voporak sits down in his chair and notes that the crew he transported off the Dreadnought is gone from the planet's surface. The Phantom enters orbit and sees the wreckage of the cube*

Voporak: Here I am again, and I still have yet to find a way out of this trap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Career Officer
# 3173
12-20-2012, 11:23 AM
North: Vala I won't trust them until thy give me clear proof they don't want to harm us.

Cole: I wouldn't trust them either way. They have a history and it isn't a good one.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3174
12-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
North: Vala I won't trust them until thy give me clear proof they don't want to harm us.

Cole: I wouldn't trust them either way. They have a history and it isn't a good one.
Vala: We shall see. The Federation representative is in orbit.

*A Federation diplomat beams down and greets Vala, Cole and North before a guard shows him around the Alpha Site.*

Now we just need to wait for the Republic to send someone.
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 3175
12-20-2012, 12:35 PM
*Dalos Alpha Prime. Sam's body's almost been completely healed and she's been released from the Hospital. She's standing at the top of a cliff near the planet's largest Ocean (the same one the Dreadnought crashed in) when 3 figures - one dressed in a suit, the other two dressed in black - walk up behind her.*

Suited figure: Captain Allington?

*Sam turns around, looks in shock, then snaps to attention and salutes.*

Sam: Mr President.

President O'Neil: Relax Sam, I'm not here to strain your spine.

*Sam relaxes and the President waves his bodyguards away.*

Sam: To what do I owe the pleasure?

President O'Neil: Two things: 1) Everyone on this planet owe their lives at least partially to you. While the Odysseus' escape wasn't vital to destroying the Cube, it did save most of your crew, while mortally wounding you in the process.

Give me one reason why I shouldn't offer you a promotion to Rear Admiral Lower Half right now.

Sam: Because I wouldn't accept it. I don't like what's happened to command over the past few years.

O'Neil: I understand. Change is coming though.

Sam: It's not just that.

O'Neil: I know.

2) An Iconian Transport came through the Orbital Gate yesterday. They've asked to meet representatives from every major Galactic Power, save the USC.

There are about 50 Diplomats lined up for the job, but you have more experience with the Iconians.

Sam: With respect, sir. The last time I saw an Iconian ship first-hand it destroyed 754 of 758 Allied ships, including the R.S.S. Republic.

O'Neil: We at least want to hear what they have to say. There's every chance that they want piece as much as we do.

And if its a trap...

Like I said, you have more experience.

Sam: Pretty useless if I have nothing to beat them with.

O'Neil: We have a rough idea of what it takes to destroy one of their Motherships, so we think we have something that can handle that Transport.

*He taps a control on his wrist and the two are beamed onto the Bridge of a highly advanced Republic starship.*

Captain Allington, may I present; The R.S.S. Republic. RSI 21940-A

Matthew Neilson-Class Battleship, built specifically to fight the Iconian threat. She has the most advanced technology in our arsenal; Quincentenary Regenerative Shield Shield Systems - Five Shield Generators powering two Shield Bubbles and one Shield Grid simultaneously, each three times as strong as those on an Titan-Class - a Mk VII Subspace Coil, boosting Power output by 600% - 4 Forward and 6 Aft Torpedo Launchers. An array of Zero Point Energy Cannons--

Sam: Hold on. You mean this things PRIMARY weapon uses the same energy as Quantum Torpedoes?

O'Neil: Yep. She's also armed with the standard multi-frequencial phaser package, 500 Quantum-Phased Torpedoes, and 300 Transphasic Torpedoes. She's got Energy emissive armour too.

Her Fold-jump drive has the same range as the Titan and the ship itself is just as fast. She also has the finest sensor package in the fleet.

Sam: How does she power...?

O'Neil: That's the beauty of it. *He directs Sam to a trolley with a small metal cylinder on it. The cylinder is emitting bright white light from transparent aluminium slots at the ends.*

That is a matter-antimatter energy module, or MAM for short. There are hundreds all over the ship. Not only do these power secondary systems, but also matter and antimatter replicators in either end, meaning once you start one of these up, you've got self-perpetuating energy.

Sam: Like a warp core.

O'Neil: Similar. The power can also be re-routed to augment primary power when needed as well.

She's yours if you want her.

Sam: Are you serious?! *Clears throat* I-- I mean; yes sir!

O'Neil: Well then, get your crew ready and get to Lanco.

*6 hours later. After the Republic's new crew (many from the Odysseus) beams up, including Matt and T'mar, the ship Fold-jumps into Lanco III orbit.

Sam beams down and meets Vala, S'vak, the UFP representative and Bra'mec in the Alpha Site Conference Room.*

*OOC: Logan, Voporak, either of you can take over the UFP representative if you want (you could make him one of your main characters, perhaps?), just remember that the UFP is a willing vassal of the Iconian Empire at this time.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 3176
12-20-2012, 12:55 PM
North: cole Vala as much as I'd like to speak to you all. The iconians don't seem to want me here so ill be wading back to the nova and wait in orbit. As much as I'd like to believe this is all goin I work ill have the fleet at full alert.

North soon beams up to the nova to oversee the ships.

Meanwhile a sovereign class vessel soon warps into the sector.

Comm officer: laco base this is the USS Nevada request permission to transport ambassoder Aron to the base.
Career Officer
# 3177
12-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Dalos Alpha Prime. Sam's body's almost been completely healed and she's been released from the Hospital. She's standing at the top of a cliff near the planet's largest Ocean (the same one the Dreadnought crashed in) when 3 figures - one dressed in a suit, the other two dressed in black - walk up behind her.*

Suited figure: Captain Allington?

*Sam turns around, looks in shock, then snaps to attention and salutes.*

Sam: Mr President.

President O'Neil: Relax Sam, I'm not here to strain your spine.

*Sam relaxes and the President waves his bodyguards away.*

Sam: To what do I owe the pleasure?

President O'Neil: Two things: 1) Everyone on this planet owe their lives at least partially to you. While the Odysseus' escape wasn't vital to destroying the Cube, it did save most of your crew, while mortally wounding you in the process.

Give me one reason why I shouldn't offer you a promotion to Rear Admiral Lower Half right now.

Sam: Because I wouldn't accept it. I don't like what's happened to command over the past few years.

O'Neil: I understand. Change is coming though.

Sam: It's not just that.

O'Neil: I know.

2) An Iconian Transport came through the Orbital Gate yesterday. They've asked to meet representatives from every major Galactic Power, save the USC.

There are about 50 Diplomats lined up for the job, but you have more experience with the Iconians.

Sam: With respect, sir. The last time I saw an Iconian ship first-hand it destroyed 754 of 758 Allied ships, including the R.S.S. Republic.

O'Neil: We at least want to hear what they have to say. There's every chance that they want piece as much as we do.

And if its a trap...

Like I said, you have more experience.

Sam: Pretty useless if I have nothing to beat them with.

O'Neil: We have a rough idea of what it takes to destroy one of their Motherships, so we think we have something that can handle that Transport.

*He taps a control on his wrist and the two are beamed onto the Bridge of a highly advanced Republic starship.*

Captain Allington, may I present; The R.S.S. Republic. RSI 21940-A

Matthew Neilson-Class Battleship, built specifically to fight the Iconian threat. She has the most advanced technology in our arsenal; Quincentenary Regenerative Shield Shield Systems - Five Shield Generators powering two Shield Bubbles and one Shield Grid simultaneously, each three times as strong as those on an Titan-Class - a Mk VII Subspace Coil, boosting Power output by 600% - 4 Forward and 6 Aft Torpedo Launchers. An array of Zero Point Energy Cannons--

Sam: Hold on. You mean this things PRIMARY weapon uses the same energy as Quantum Torpedoes?

O'Neil: Yep. She's also armed with the standard multi-frequencial phaser package, 500 Quantum-Phased Torpedoes, and 300 Transphasic Torpedoes. She's got Energy emissive armour too.

Her Fold-jump drive has the same range as the Titan and the ship itself is just as fast. She also has the finest sensor package in the fleet.

Sam: How does she power...?

O'Neil: That's the beauty of it. *He directs Sam to a trolley with a small metal cylinder on it. The cylinder is emitting bright white light from transparent aluminium slots at the ends.*

That is a matter-antimatter energy module, or MAM for short. There are hundreds all over the ship. Not only do these power secondary systems, but also matter and antimatter replicators in either end, meaning once you start one of these up, you've got self-perpetuating energy.

Sam: Like a warp core.

O'Neil: Similar. The power can also be re-routed to augment primary power when needed as well.

She's yours if you want her.

Sam: Are you serious?! *Clears throat* I-- I mean; yes sir!

O'Neil: Well then, get your crew ready and get to Lanco.

*6 hours later. After the Republic's new crew (many from the Odysseus) beams up, including Matt and T'mar, the ship Fold-jumps into Lanco III orbit.

Sam beams down and meets Vala, S'vak, the UFP representative and Bra'mec in the Alpha Site Conference Room.*

*OOC: Logan, Voporak, either of you can take over the UFP representative if you want (you could make him one of your main characters, perhaps?), just remember that the UFP is a willing vassal of the Iconian Empire at this time.*
Ambassoder Aron: well looks like the only one invited that didn't show is the dominion. But then again tht doesn't surprise me. I'm glad to see you survived captain. The Borg are not an easy enemy to defeat.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3178
12-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Ambassoder Aron: well looks like the only one invited that didn't show is the dominion. But then again tht doesn't surprise me. I'm glad to see you survived captain. The Borg are not an easy enemy to defeat.
Sam: Thank you, Ambassador.

Alright Ambassador Bra'mec, what did you call us here for?

Bra'mec: We understand that your peoples have had success against a race of mechanical creatures called the Synthesisers.

S'vak: None of us have ever heard that name before.

Sam: Actually... General... I have.

*Sam experiences a flashback. She's on an operating table 5 years ago, immediately after her father's death. There are men surrounding her in black uniforms and a forcefield's holding her down. A hypo takes a large sample of blood from her body as an Intravenous drip sends some kind of drug into her body. In a bay on the other side of the lab is a metal device. It's an AISD (Artificial Intelligence Service Drone). There's a cable connecting it to a synaptic data-feed on Sam's forehead.

Sam passes out.

She snaps out of the flashback and looks at everyone in the room, like she'd just seen a ghost.*

Vala: Where did they come from?

Sam *Choking on the words.*: Me.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 3179
12-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Aron : would you please explaine captain.
Career Officer
# 3180
12-20-2012, 01:45 PM
North sits in orbit on the nova with his battle group. Waiting for something suddenly Hampton transports into the bridge.

North: Hampton what happened I thought you where looking for drake.

Hampton: I was but from what I found he is goo to be here. What is sit rep.

North: the iconians sent an ambassoder and ask for every galactic power save USC which doesn't surprise me. Cole said he will discuss with me what is said.

Hampton: good who is the fed rep.

North: ambassoder Aron

Hampton: a good man. I knew him pretty well. In any case I have to get down there to make sure section 31 doesn't try anything.