Commander
# 1 Fleet Shop Questions
12-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Hello,

I just got back to STO a few days ago (long break) and I've been catching up with all the changes since Season 5. I just was wondering if anyone had anything to say about the Fleet Shop.

I investigated it yesterday. Seems pretty cool. Its filled with Weapons and Starship Equipment that have 4 modifiers on it. Anyway, I was just wondering what people's thoughts were on them. Are they worth using? Are the equipment options less flashy than the set equipment from STFs? Are the weapons there accepted globally as the highest level up?
Captain
# 2
12-17-2012, 10:35 AM
PvPers don't like the fixed [Dmg]x3 modifiers in the advanced fleet weapons, but a careful selection in the other systems can be better than the STF gear. Advanced Fleet weapons are usually better than the old [Borg] weapons, however.
Captain
# 3
12-17-2012, 10:58 AM
The Fleet Engines have that same bubble in sector space that the MACO engines have and it goes past Warp 10 so that could be a reason to go after them if you don't do STFs.
Empire Veteran
# 4
12-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Fleet equipment, may not be considered the best, but it is pretty solid in that it's not weak or anything. I mean all the Advanced Space Shields for example have CapX3, which normally would be rather pricy to get already, plus an extra modifier after that.

So it's excellent stuff if you want it enough. Very pricy to totally outfit yourself, but if you have the fleet credits and dil, still worth while.

Commander
# 5
12-18-2012, 07:44 AM
I see.

I do a LOT of STF grinding. I've recently been wanting to get more into PvP. Since I've been gone, I was really surprised to see the new Fleet equipment available (4 modifiers????? WHAT???!!)

I guess I really just wanted to know what the community impression was on them. They seem pretty cool, especially the shields with damage reductions to multiple energy types.

Now, I do run outdated borg Antiproton beams, so I don't think moving up will be difficult. I'll probably buy fleet weapons because of the 4 modifiers and accessibility.

Equipment is another story. I currently have Mk XI Borg Ship Equipment (got it before, I still have a lot of reputation levelling to do) and the Aegis Set, as well as Mk XI MACO Engines.

In terms of versatility (STFs, PvP, general PvE) what would be a better choice: STF sets or Fleet Equipment?
Empire Veteran
# 6
12-18-2012, 09:30 AM
STF sets would be your better bet. If you had no other choice, Fleet equipment again is pretty well made, but STF sets have unique bonuses (like the power bonus from MACO shield), and the set bonuses.

The Fleet equipment has some good stuff, especially at elite level, but lack the synergy of sets.

Captain
# 7
12-18-2012, 01:38 PM
I really hope they add some Omega ship weapons. Not [Borg], just... something a little better or cheaper than buying from Dilithium store.

I'm not thrilled that my only outlet for high end weapons is either Romulan plasma or Dil store.
Commander
# 8
12-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
I really hope they add some Omega ship weapons. Not [Borg], just... something a little better or cheaper than buying from Dilithium store.

I'm not thrilled that my only outlet for high end weapons is either Romulan plasma or Dil store.
The new endgame content is definitely pushing everyone to get in a fleet.