Ensign
# 1 Alien exchange Program.
08-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Just and odd idea I had, and I thought this would be the best forum to present it. I think it would be nice if you could create an Alien race, and then share the looks with someone else. I suppose right now you could save the custom and send it to someone, but it would be fun if you could say set one of your bridge crew to be the same race as say your friend's alien captain or so on. With a little work and some information sharing, you could to that now, but I think it would be cool if their was an official registry of species or something where you could submit your own races and share them with others.
Captain
# 2
08-02-2012, 05:51 PM
They had something like this on the wiki... but it kinda died....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 3
08-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Too bad. Nice Nadia Avatar BTW
Captain
# 4
08-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Thank you. I miss that show.......
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
They had something like this on the wiki... but it kinda died....
Well then, lets start up something similar on the forms.
Lieutenant
# 6
08-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunekun2 View Post
Just and odd idea I had, and I thought this would be the best forum to present it. I think it would be nice if you could create an Alien race, and then share the looks with someone else. I suppose right now you could save the custom and send it to someone, but it would be fun if you could say set one of your bridge crew to be the same race as say your friend's alien captain or so on. With a little work and some information sharing, you could to that now, but I think it would be cool if their was an official registry of species or something where you could submit your own races and share them with others.
You can actually do this, sort of....
Active BOFFS can be traded from one player to another. They just need to be stripped of all gear. If you like your character look, make a boff that looks like it from the "save" and "edit" function at the tailor. Trade that boff to your friend. Your friend then goes to the tailor and does a "save" of that BOFF. They have the template now. The boff needs to be the same race as you character. I ve done this in the past when i have found people who make amazing looking aliens, i offer them EC and the boff if they will make me a copy. It works. good luck!
Captain
# 7
08-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharkan View Post
Well then, lets start up something similar on the forms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avertyoureyess View Post
Active BOFFS can be traded from one player to another. They just need to be stripped of all gear. If you like your character look, make a boff that looks like it from the "save" and "edit" function at the tailor. Trade that boff to your friend. Your friend then goes to the tailor and does a "save" of that BOFF. They have the template now. The boff needs to be the same race as you character. I ve done this in the past when i have found people who make amazing looking aliens, i offer them EC and the boff if they will make me a copy. It works. good luck!
Sounds like a plan!

This thread or another one?

Lieutenant
# 8
12-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunekun2 View Post
Thinking about it, I like your idea of a species registry. It would be cool to go to the personel desk and be able to get an Alien of choice from the registry. The player puts them in with a name and a pic, then another player can go through some of the aliens and pic one they like. If you wanted to get exciting you can make it "foundry-esque" where folks can tip dilithium for an alien they like. The aliens with the most hits or likes can get added into missions for cryptic to use as a reward or something. As i look throw the forum posts there is a quiet community of people who might like this...Just a thought....
Captain
# 9
12-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Thinking about it, I like your idea of a species registry. It would be cool to go to the personel desk and be able to get an Alien of choice from the registry. The player puts them in with a name and a pic, then another player can go through some of the aliens and pic one they like. If you wanted to get exciting you can make it "foundry-esque" where folks can tip dilithium for an alien they like. The aliens with the most hits or likes can get added into missions for cryptic to use as a reward or something. As i look throw the forum posts there is a quiet community of people who might like this...Just a thought....
I could see it happening, but I think it would need a few more bells and whistles before Cryptic would consider it.

Captain
# 10
12-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Hmmmm... I wonder if the template file can be edited to change the race.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?