Lt. Commander
# 11
12-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
Because you're a leaver and just screwed 4 other people over in that STF... Seems pretty straight forward... The penalty has been around for awhile now.
THANK YOU! I have lost dozens of times because jackasses left in the middle. They are designed for five...FIVE people. No more, no less. When one or two *******s decide to bail, you are screwed. I am glad they put a penalty in. I just wish it were more severe. STFs are hard as it is. DO NOT JOIN ONE AND LEAVE. Especially not the Infected one. That is the easiest. Leave and you create an endless cycle of regenerating transformers that can't be taken down.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
definitly a case of user error - you clicked the wrong Que and when you started saw that you were in the wrong mission and bailed. 1 hour penalty.
Nope, the PvE Queues have been acting up since they changed the menu layout, not sure in the last couple weeks as me and my buddies have not been on PvE's recently, but we were clicking one thing and getting another thing to pop up.

It was quite annoying.

Jim
Career Officer
# 13
12-20-2012, 11:07 AM
"There are FOUR players?!" --Capt. Jean-Luc Picard, playing STO

Or y'know, actually play the ground one you accidentally joined. You may like it! And even if not, you actually get more Omega Marks finishing a ground mission without the optional than you do in a space STF *with* the optional.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Captain
# 14
12-20-2012, 01:19 PM
If I ever get into a ground STF when queuing for space... yeah, I'll suck up the hour penalty.

Being forced to play ground stf's to get gear lead me to quit last time. I find them utterly terrible.

SOO happy about reputation.
Commander
# 15
12-20-2012, 01:40 PM
if you leave any pve queue you get the penality this has been this way awhile if you even read when beaming it it says you'll get a 1 hour penality...clearly not paying attention lol probably why you went into wrong stf too
Career Officer
# 16
12-20-2012, 03:18 PM
As others have said, the penalty was established when the STFs were remade to allow them to be accessed via queue in separate space and ground segments.

Most likely, you clicked on the wrong mission. I have done that a few times without realizing it.

Then, you quit that mission, which may force the people who queued for it to finish it without you, which is really bad etiquette. That is why the penalty timer was created, to prevent people from doing what you did (quitting the mission after it has begun) without consequence.
Career Officer
# 17
12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Guys, don't assume it's the OP that clicked the wrong STF, the PvE queue is buggy.

If you look at your queue, the first PvE mission is Azure Nebul Rescue, now sort the queue by Reward, the first one will be Gorn Minefield Fleet Action (or Kithomer Vortex). Cick the first one, and it will queue you in Azure, not Gorn Minefield or Kitomer Vortex. Therefore he may have clicked the proper STF and ended up in an other one, BUT he should have paid attention to th pop up window before clicking Engage, he would have seen right away it was the wrong STF and save himself from having to wait an hour before queueing again.

Better luck next time.
Career Officer
# 18
12-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvad View Post
Guys, don't assume it's the OP that clicked the wrong STF, the PvE queue is buggy.

If you look at your queue, the first PvE mission is Azure Nebul Rescue, now sort the queue by Reward, the first one will be Gorn Minefield Fleet Action (or Kithomer Vortex). Cick the first one, and it will queue you in Azure, not Gorn Minefield or Kitomer Vortex. Therefore he may have clicked the proper STF and ended up in an other one, BUT he should have paid attention to th pop up window before clicking Engage, he would have seen right away it was the wrong STF and save himself from having to wait an hour before queueing again.

Better luck next time.
The PVE queue IS buggy. After season 7 launched I would do some PVE queues for Romulan marks. I would select at the top "Rewards" to only show me missions that reward Romulan Marks and select Mine Trap. Next thing I know I'm in Azura Nebula Rescue. This happened to me a couple times before I made it a habit to actually read the window that pops up to enter and have had to click cancel to remove myself from the queue instead of entering. I no longer select the window to have it show a particular reward since it always tries to put me in Azura Nebula Rescue and just scroll down to the mission I want. (I never left those times I ended up in the wrong mission. Just stayed and completed them. I was going for Rommy marks anyway.)

So in my experience, when sorting the list to show only missions with a particular reward, it can sometimes queue you for the wrong mission.

Edited for typos. Not awake yet lol

Hail your new Overlord!

Last edited by monkeybone13; 12-20-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Lieutenant
# 19
12-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvad View Post

Better luck next time.
OMG! This happened to me all the time when they first made this change. I just thought I was being clumsy. The good news is I could quit the match without penalty and re-queue for the minefield.

Why should he be punished when he leaves at the beginning of the mission and someone else in the queue replaces him?

Unfortunately this has always been the case and good luck changing something that has been around since the beginning.
Empire Veteran
# 20
12-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Hate to be the Devil's advocate here, but to be honest the leaver penalty is too lenient.

Devs should make the leaver penalty a 24hrs Ban - It will make leavers think twice before leaving an STF.

A one hour punishment is dumb, since a player can simply go on to other things for that amount of time. So yeah, a 24hr ban would suffice.