Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Captain
Currently I find it hard to get in the mission done during the 1 hour that the rep reward system runs?

I would love it if Cryptic could make this a 2 hour event like the Fleet mark event.

What events do you think they could pull out more often to make room?

The 1 hour Vault shuttle event is something I never use.

Comments?

Edit: If a mod agrees(and sees this) could you move it to STO discussion - I ment to put it there as it effects most people even though it is PvE - I just would like to get more input from the community who might do the missions but not look in this section. thx

Come to think of it - a lot of it is not PvE Q'd - but solo missions - sector patrol - New romulus - etc

Last edited by born2bwild1; 12-20-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Captain
# 2
12-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Or for non-queued stuff like the Red Alert and Sector Patrol, you could just do the mission earlier and then wait till The Hour to actually turn it in for the bonus.
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Agreed actually. For most stuff I can understand a 1 one hour limit, but I always feel so...rushed anytime that comes up. With fleeties, it's very easy to get all 3 space STFs done, but because it's only an hour, you have to switch toons, or do something else to not waste the short time you have.

So yeah, 2 hours would be much better for this.

Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-21-2012, 02:18 PM
YES!!!!! Two hour Reputation bonus event would be GREAT!!! I have 4 toons that i am running through the rep system now,, and 5 more to do after those 4 are done. During the event i USSUALLY can run " Mine Trap" on two different toons, and get roughly 60 rep marks per run with a GOOD team.. however,, if the other teams either 1: are Understaffed 2: Dont know how the mission works 3: Turn into statues when the mission starts 4: Quit halfway through the mission then the reward is MUCH less.

Haveing two hours for the Rep bonus would make me able to run ALL 4 toons during the bonus event and get the rep up a bit quicker. I understand the Rep System isnt going anywhere, and that finishing it quickly is NOT what Cryptic wants us to do,, however,, i have a LIFE,, and i work EVERYDAY.. it would be nice to be able to get to Max tier in a matter of weeks,, and NOT months! Its not like I'M going anywhere,, i LOVE this game,, alittle to much, but i digress.

Hopefully the Devs will pickup on this,, perhaps ONE of the daily Rep Bonus events can be one hour, the other can be TWO hours,, as it is they rotate,, and the days i can run them are normally Mondays and tuesdays,, IF i get out of work on time...

There is my two cents... take it as it is!
Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
The Devils Henchman
Captain
# 5
12-21-2012, 10:10 PM
2 hour rep bonus would be nice, just as long as its not at the expense of the 2 hour fleet mark bonus. Or even better just make it a 3 or 4 hour mark bonus, for both fleet and rep.
Rihannsu
# 6
12-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
2 hour rep bonus would be nice, just as long as its not at the expense of the 2 hour fleet mark bonus. Or even better just make it a 3 or 4 hour mark bonus, for both fleet and rep.
They could take the timeslot of the now-useless vault shuttle event for an extra rep bonus hour. Vault shuttle is currently just like rep bonus hour anyway, just restricted to that one mission.
Captain
# 7
12-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Vault shuttle event should just be combined with rep event to make it 2 hours. Vault shuttle event used to be able to be run as many times as you want during event, but now that it gives 30 min cooldown its pointless.

Maybe other events could be considered to be consolidated or removed to so we can get rep and fleetmark event more times during the day. Path to 2409 would be a good choice to get rid of, or maybe dilithium mining or academy event, just consolidate these into the same 1 hour event.
Captain
# 8
12-22-2012, 04:43 PM
They could start over-lapping the events again like they did last season, though it could use a better display of the current and incoming events, as the overlap was sometimes confusing.

A 2 hour Reputation event would go over well for me, as far too many times I check the current event and find that it's 55 minutes into the Rep Marks event. Plus, the noted issue of multiple toons trying to get through their Marks during the event.
Commander
# 9
12-26-2012, 01:30 AM
Definitely need this!!!!

I like the idea of a 4 hour block each night combining fleet and rep together!

Also agreed, Vault Shuttle event should just be part of rep event.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-27-2012, 03:08 PM
The only concern i'd have would be if an extended time frame was at the expense of another event. Some events that I used to be able to run daily are now once or twice a week events due to my TZ and work commitments.

Otherwise i'd be happy for this to be extended.