Empire Veteran
# 211
10-10-2012, 02:43 AM
Neverwinter closed beta ?

Meh I don't mind. The only fantasy game I enjoy are The Elder Scroll ones. I highly doubt I will play this one for more than a week, considering the fact that Cryptic loves very scripted ways to play games - somehting I only accept for the Star Trek franchise because it's something I love.
Ensign
What about those of us who have ordered a lifetime subscription, they took the money out of our accounts but our accounts were not updated as a lifetime account? Guess that means we don't get access to anything right?
Career Officer
# 213
10-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearass View Post
What about those of us who have ordered a lifetime subscription, they took the money out of our accounts but our accounts were not updated as a lifetime account? Guess that means we don't get access to anything right?
Contact customer support, it is your only recourse other than speaking to your bank to stop the payment etc..
Career Officer
# 214
12-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Here it is 12/12/12 and still no sign of a Closed Beta key for NW.
Career Officer
# 215
12-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Any updates/news on this front yet?
Starfleet Veteran
# 216
12-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah, what is happening with this? I see they have a beta and if you have a key you can participate. From what I've read as a lifer I should be able to play - where are the keys?
This space reserved for moments of sanity!
Captain
# 217
12-20-2012, 06:25 PM
I've heard nothing on the beta other than they have keys and they tend to give them out at shows, but as for when, i was under the impression it should have started already but no word yet. Even the NW site is pretty hush hush on feedback from the dev side.
Starfleet Veteran
# 218
12-20-2012, 06:55 PM
It really does seem kind of odd. I mean, why tell lifers that we're going to get access and then simply not do that? It's disrespectful and poor business. I can't imagine any reputable company doing a thing like that. Cryptic on the other hand... lol just jokes. But seriously it does look like a game worth checking out!

Mr. Stah'sl interview regarding small fleets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UDnTJcjPhY
Lt. Commander
# 219
12-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cratchmaster View Post
It really does seem kind of odd. I mean, why tell lifers that we're going to get access and then simply not do that? It's disrespectful and poor business. I can't imagine any reputable company doing a thing like that. Cryptic on the other hand... lol just jokes. But seriously it does look like a game worth checking out!
This, and the epic failure of Hellgate: London (which also had the 'lifer' option) is the main driving force behind my personal decision to never invest long-term in any video game. There is no way of knowing if the game itself will even be around long enough for you to reap the benefits of investing hundreds of dollars, or as mentioned above if there will even be support of any kind in the future. The only reason this game is still around is because it's Star Trek, and we as fans love Star Trek. If this was based on anything else, I'd be putting it in the above list next to it's brethren while having this discussion on another MMO forum for some other game.
Career Officer
# 220
12-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Ahahahhaha

Oh my god this is the funniest thing.

I love DDO and D&D in general... when I first came to STO I was considering moving from DDO to Neverwinter, because I love Forgotten Realms.

However having played this game and seen how the devs run things I would never give up my DDO / Turbine account to play any D&D game created by Cryptic.