Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 1351
12-20-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I have an inside source that said they would at most nerf SSR 20%. As for the NPCs, their overall damage has been reduced. By a lot. And the top cap has also been greatly reduced. Even though there will be fewer bottom duds, doesn't change the fact that a global 10% damage reduction, and a 20% plasma burn reduction are still significant.
Plasma burn werde plain annoying, so I can live with that xD
Lessining the spikes and duds is a good thing.


Does the global damage reduction come from removing the spikes? I really hope so. When not, then please Cryptic augment the overall damage for 20-25% on Elite :-) So that healers/crosshealing are more important.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,409
# 1352
12-20-2012, 07:03 AM
i was in a cure elite match the other day.

in a science ship

kicking butt

im holding my lane, and killing the cube, i finish off my cube then notice the other 4 people are at the kang.

im then getting told in the chat box that i wasnt a team player because i killed the cube,and that i ruined the game.

now....

me in a science ship could hold and hill his entire lane himself...

wtf were the other 4 people doing?

so apparently i learned i was a noob and "anti- team" minded.

yay... -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 1353
12-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
Plasma burn werde plain annoying, so I can live with that xD
Lessining the spikes and duds is a good thing.


Does the global damage reduction come from removing the spikes? I really hope so. When not, then please Cryptic augment the overall damage for 20-25% on Elite :-) So that healers/crosshealing are more important.
on one hand, I would love if the borg was stronger, but not in the cheating way (oneshots). if they removed these supercrits, imo they could increase the dps atleast by 200%

however on the other hand the higher need for healers and such, would make this topic more interesting.
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 26
# 1354
12-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Just came back from a disastrous elite Khitomer space and need to vent.

It began quite promisingly. After getting through the cube rather quickly, everyone agrees to start with left. One guy says "goin rite", everyone assumes he'll guard the probes. Instead he proceeds to completely ignore them, and tries to take on the far (?!) conduit by himself, cube and all. After he gets blowed up and obviously lets the probes through, he calls everyone "noobz" for not helping him and rage-quits.

Unfortunately two others got discouraged and also left. Myself and one other guy stuck around for a bit more, hoping some more random people will join, but nobody ever did

Suckiest 20 minutes in game.

Last edited by chahk42; 12-20-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 1355
12-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
i was in a cure elite match the other day.

in a science ship

kicking butt

im holding my lane, and killing the cube, i finish off my cube then notice the other 4 people are at the kang.

im then getting told in the chat box that i wasnt a team player because i killed the cube,and that i ruined the game.

now....

me in a science ship could hold and hill his entire lane himself...

wtf were the other 4 people doing?

so apparently i learned i was a noob and "anti- team" minded.

yay... -_-
You very well might have screwed the mission if you blew a cube and the others still had gens running and Neg'vars started spawning - were you keeping track of the status of the other 4 people and the status of the other cubes?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 265
# 1356
12-20-2012, 12:44 PM
With 4 people protecting Kang those N'V shouldn't get closer than 15km from Kang.
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,292
# 1357
12-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkratasco View Post
With 4 people protecting Kang those N'V shouldn't get closer than 15km from Kang.
Do you pug cure elite a lot? If a cube is popped and the other 2 cubes spawn Neg'vars and raptors - half the time 5 people defending will FAIL!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1358
12-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Do you pug cure elite a lot? If a cube is popped and the other 2 cubes spawn Neg'vars and raptors - half the time 5 people defending will FAIL!
This is a common thing in CSN. For whatever reason 4 of the team ships will think they need to protect the Kang. IF all 4 had any DPS at all they would be able to protect the Kang. But all to often they all have Rainbow/Technicolor beams and/or have their weapons set on stun and lose the optional.

In reality, it only takes ONE properly set up ship to protect the Kang. That ship should be able to keep anything from ever firing a shot at the Kang.

I stopped protecting the Kang long ago. In fact I don't even worry about going after any ships being spawned. I just kill nodes and cubes and fly on over to the next. Using this tactic I can usually clear out all the cubes in 9 minutes or less by myself.

If the others are helping out at the cubes like they should be, then I'll help kill the spawns, otherwise NO WAY. If we lose because 4 ships setting at the Kang can't protect it then so be it.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 1359
12-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkratasco View Post
With 4 people protecting Kang those N'V shouldn't get closer than 15km from Kang.
Most Kang defenders on pugs like to sit at the kang and only engage when the enemy starts shooting at the kang. And they are usually grouped up. (read below for more)

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Do you pug cure elite a lot? If a cube is popped and the other 2 cubes spawn Neg'vars and raptors - half the time 5 people defending will FAIL!
I have two words that explain exactly why this is the case. Those morons defending the kang with more than one person are usually grouped up. The two words that explain exactly why they will fail: Isometric Charge. Need more be said.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1360
12-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Most Kang defenders on pugs like to sit at the kang and only engage when the enemy starts shooting at the kang.
Heres a big 'If'

IF the people of the team have realistic DPS and otherwise well set up ships;

AND

IF the people know how to properly run a CSN or CSE;

THEN the ship which is supposed to be protecting the Kang should never have to fire a shot unless he too KNOWS what he's supposed to be doing and flys into the cubes as the Borg are spawning and kills them as they spawn.

And IF the people at the cubes know what they are doing then they too should be helping kill the spawns.

And still, nothing should ever get close enough to the Kang to fire a shot.

BUT this is something you'll never see in a PuG filled with Farmers, Rainbow/Technicolor Weapons, Noobes, Skittles, and all around Clowns.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:33 AM.