Captain
# 11
12-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Heh... heh... hah... hah... heh... Thank you very much for that great laugh I just had. I really needed it. You sir, would make a wonderful comedian.

Getting omega marks is almost ludicrously easy. I have more trouble finding specific DOff missions than I do getting omega marks. And you are correct, the easiest method is ESTFs. So you just derailed your own argument with this. And there is nothing easier than spending 15 minutes of your time to slaughter a ton of borg, get 60-130 Omega marks, PLUS dil and BnPs and sometimes loot. It's easy. It's fun. And it pays well.

Before you comment on the nightmare of pugs, I will simply put this single statement out. PublicEliteSTF. Free channel. Decent players (for the most part usually competent). Usually pretty nice mood in channel as well. You go in, call for an ESTF, set it up, get your other 4 guys, 20 minutes later, you're richer in both OMs and BnPs, have a little more unrefined dil, and some loot (which means ECs).
Not everyone likes doing team based content. It can be more painful for them to join an Elite STF than the OP chasing after bunnies. Therefore, some people are forced to do Deferi content which takes much longer for those that solo. If you look at the content that gives Romulan Marks, then you have team based content, dailies, and epohh raising. Omega Marks is limited to STFs and Deferi Invasion. An Omega Marks version of the Tau Dewa Sector Daily in Gamma Orionis would certainly help players that have problems with STFs.

There might be something to make Romulan team based content more in line with elite STFs, but I have no clue what the devs use for their decision to determine how much Marks are given for each event so I won't comment on it. They could create an Elite version of Azure Nebula Rescue, Mine Trap, and The Vault missions that gives 60+ Romulan Marks.

Usually I don't have a problem with PUGs. There are a few that were nightmares, but most can be finished in 20 minutes. My comments are more about people that will never step into an STF rather than a personal issue with STFs. If I can do a bunch of elite STFs even though I would rather stay away from them, then others can do epohh raising for romulan marks.
Captain
# 12
12-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
Mods, please. Why is this guy being allowed to behave this way?
I suggest you read the Forum Rules. As long as a poster doesn't break any of these rules, then they can post wherever they want as long as it has some relevance to the thread. I have not attacked your ideas or made any threats to you and I believe my posts have relevance to this thread so I can post here.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-20-2012, 10:49 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 09-11-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Captain
# 14
12-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
Actually now you are the one being malicious and self-aggrandising (that word doesn't exist btw) and preference based. He's actually following the spirit of this thread quite well. Even though he's not posting about RMs, both RMs and OMs are part of the reputation system, and other than the petty argument you started, he's posted almost exclusively on said reputation system and the method behind acquiring those marks.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.

Last edited by bluegeek; 09-11-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 15
12-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Getting omega marks is almost ludicrously easy.........
Its not that its easier... its that its a LOT more fun to run ESTFs than to do the mind numbing grind that is what passes for repeatable missions in STO.

True, the STFs are the same as always, but when you pug them it adds an element of endless variety. I have seen almost everything, from the perfect Elite Cure Space run to someone griefing on KA and making it fail on purpose. Add in the extra damage and health pool of the NPCs and it can get very interesting. OTHER PEOPLE are the content in ESTFs, not so in the Romulan rep missions... those are just soul crushing grind.
Captain
# 16
12-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Azure Nebula Rescue (Space) - 15 to 25 Marks depending on performance
Mine Trap (Ground) - 20 to 40 Marks depending on performance
The Vault: Ensnared (Space) - 15 to 20 Marks depending on performance
Elite versions of these missions would probably be the easiest method for players that prefer STF content over other content.
Rihannsu
# 17
12-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Elite versions of these missions would probably be the easiest method for players that prefer STF content over other content.
/signed +1.

Those missions take about as much time as an E-STF, but award half the Marks. If I could play an Elite version that paid out about the same as a run of ISE or KASE, I'd be down.

After the initial couple of days exploring Mol'Rihan for her accolades, the rest of the planet is a mind-numbingly boring grind... Spend 10-15mins "repairing" consoles or killing the same five-respawning open-world Tal Shiar officers to get 10 Romarks? I didn't sign-up for STO to pick-up dropped Engineering Reports. Ugh.

The space Patrol isn't as aweful, and when I want some easy point'n'shoots I'll faceroll through for the 50-ish Romarks that rewards...

Fortunately for me, for some reason I happen to enjoy Epohh Farming for Romarks, but probably only because it takes 5min a day and every 5 days I get 400 Romarks.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-24-2012, 10:45 PM
I suspect the lack of RM STF-style content is the devs trying to force players to engage in New Romulus content. The fact is that if I found it fun AND rewarding I wouldn't need to be forced/manipulated into participating. Hell, I have 4 "go to New Romulus" missions that I can't drop in my Q, which says a lot.

With all the AAA games I have loaded vying for attention (and money) it just amazes that THIS games devs would risk loosing players by being so ham-handed.
Captain
# 19
12-24-2012, 11:02 PM
You know, I am ashamed to say this, but I only now realized this thread doesn't belong in the Fed gameplay subforum, but instead belongs in the GCF forum XD.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-25-2012, 12:33 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies .

And yes, there are Mods. ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 09-11-2013 at 11:07 AM.