Lt. Commander
# 11
11-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
Not for social maps. Since when did it matter how many ppl are on a team when I'm walking through DS9 or my own ship interior?
The point is, of course, that every social map has the potential to also be a combat map. Cryptic's mentioned that they would like to eventually do missions on your ship and I've certainly done enough missions on DS9 and its counterpart to know where that has gone. Just because you can't do something today doesn't mean you can't do it tomorrow and not every social area is just a social area.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Fine, but at least scale the chairs, tables, etc to a realistic level. The chairs in Quarks make me feel like I am in Wonderland....
Ensign
# 13
12-21-2012, 12:14 AM
I feel that same way. Its crazy with the size. I mean i looked at my own bridge and it was laughable. I say do it right or dont do it at all. Star trek online seems cool in theory but it is poorly executed. I cant play more than 5 mins without it crashing. I just started this week. And i gotta give this a 2.5 stars so far. When it actually plays its cool. But STO is playing like a beta.
Captain
# 14
12-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Eww Necropost.
It's due to a limitation of the 3rd person camera position, if the interiors were scaled smaller and the camera was positioned outside of the view, the result would be like looking at your character standing in a maze viewed from above, which would look very unrealistic. If the camera is forced inside with your character in a smaller interior the character itself would obscure your view of everything else. Current interior sizes are a compromise to allow the camera position to stay inside with the character without the character blocking the view of everything else.

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-21-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Closed Thread