Login

Ensign
# 11
12-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Worst. Apocalypse. Ever.

Captain
# 12
12-21-2012, 02:13 PM
The site's been down so long I thought california slid off into the ocean, and i hadn't heard it on the news yet.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
The Oracle at Delphi (who I trust a lot more than a bunch of Mayans) does not predict an end of the world

Ergo there isn't one
In a later post you blurt out "rot" for seemingly no reason.

I'm on to you, Pythian. Demons will never predict the end of the world, they are in denial.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
12-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Demons don't exist (a construct of humanity)
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
12-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Read them over. Violent crime and sex crime rates in ages 10-24 are down 77% since 1994 alone, and 1994 was the first uptick after thirty consecutive years of decline.
no they aren't
many teenagers commit a "sex" crime with their boy/girl friends every week

Quote:
Even the sudden resurgence of youth violence in 2010-11 didn't managed to bring rates back to 10% of what they were in the 1950's, and that's not even corrected for the fact that things that were once considered acceptable youth behaviors (or at least were not considered illegal) are now violent/sex felonies. Petty crime rates are down even more.
Drinking underage
Smoking underage
Sex underage
Driving underage
carrying a knife
carrying a gun
accessing websites while underage

all crimes

Quote:
You can have all the opinions you want, and all the "Oh just look at all the" NO. Your opinion is on one of the most statistically studied facts in the entire world, and it is wrong.
US crime figures are not even in the top 10 most studied theorys
and aren't a fact

use drugs ONCE and you are a criminal
drink one beer under age you are a criminal
etc

Quote:
Even allowing the BoJ's unscientific surveys, the only age group showing increasing crime from generation to generation is those over 50, and their 180% per year increase in unreported violent crime by seniors is questionable at best.
no statistic has value unless its global
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
12-21-2012, 04:27 PM
That little bit of soul left in most people feels guilty about how mean and petty most people are and desires punishment.
Captain
# 17
12-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
You can have all the opinions you want, and all the "Oh just look at all the" NO. Your opinion is on one of the most statistically studied facts in the entire world, and it is wrong.
Thank you for trying to use knowledge against someone who will reply with idiocy like this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiocy
many teenagers commit a "sex" crime with their boy/girl friends every week
I stopped trying to deal reasonably with people like that years ago and now find insults to be more effective.
# 18
12-21-2012, 05:33 PM
As for the apocalypse: Humans are a fearful pack ape prone to delusion. The end.
# 19
12-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Thank you for trying to use knowledge against someone who will reply with idiocy like this;

I stopped trying to deal reasonably with people like that years ago and now find insults to be more effective.
yeah right
remember its ILLEGAL for a reason
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
12-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
Throughout the history of mankind dates to the end of the world have been set. People seem to wait eagerly for that day to come, and are disappointed (or relieved) when it doesn't come. Even in the 20th and 21st centuries we continue this thing even though we are technologically advanced and have better knowledge of the world.

True there seems to be ancient knowledge that states that it will come. Nostrodamus (spelling?) seems to predict it. The Mayan calander ends at that date (but could be mistranslated and still says nothing about an ending). It's late evening now and nothing's happened yet. Not that I'm worried about it. After all, life's way too short to worry about something you have no control over. If it ends, it ends... and that's it.

So what makes people so obsessed with the end of the world? And what thoughts does everyone else have about it?
i think why people are so upset about it is they cant log into sto and grind for the day if they are dead.

also no utubes or netflixes or anyting.