Captain
# 11
12-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
the brel was in the movies i believe. (star trek 3 the search for spock) which is why I'm also allowing the oberth and the miranda class's for the feds.
In ST:III, the Excelsior-class was in there too, is that allowed?
Captain
# 12
12-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
In ST:III, the Excelsior-class was in there too, is that allowed?
No, as in th movies we see that the poor ship is "broken" and not able to take part.

But seriously, no. It's a tier 3 ship compared to the tier 2's and 1's being allowed.

No excelsior class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 13
12-22-2012, 07:33 AM
But the D7 is fine though, right?

EDIT: The D'kyr was in Enterprise, so it's an era relevant ship.
Captain
# 14
12-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
But the D7 is fine though, right?

EDIT: The D'kyr was in Enterprise, so it's an era relevant ship.
i dont think theres a d7

the dykr in enterprise was 100 or so years before TOS, and the one in the sto is "based" on its designs but is still a modern ship

come'on. i listed the allowed ships.

either you pick one of those with the weapons restrictions and gear restrictions... or this event isnt for you
Quote:
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 15
12-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
i dont think theres a d7

the dykr in enterprise was 100 or so years before TOS, and the one in the sto is "based" on its designs but is still a modern ship

come'on. i listed the allowed ships.

either you pick one of those with the weapons restrictions and gear restrictions... or this event isnt for you
The D-7 class (aka the K'Tinga) is in the game as the Commander level Battle Cruiser. http://www.stowiki.org/K'tinga
It has the D-7 skin seen in the TOS episodes, and the K'Tinga skin seen in TMP/Star Trek VI.

Also, you have to realize, some of us don't have the resources right now to buy the ships you limit us to. I'll try, but it's a short deadline, and not a whole lot of time to gather the ZEN for the Constitution class.
Captain
# 16
12-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
The D-7 class (aka the K'Tinga) is in the game as the Commander level Battle Cruiser. http://www.stowiki.org/K'tinga
It has the D-7 skin seen in the TOS episodes, and the K'Tinga skin seen in TMP/Star Trek VI.

Also, you have to realize, some of us don't have the resources right now to buy the ships you limit us to. I'll try, but it's a short deadline, and not a whole lot of time to gather the ZEN for the Constitution class.
i understand that, and if the d7 was a teir 2 id ok it. but im really wanting to keep the number of usable powers in combat limited. and tier 2 and below is the best for a first go at this.

i understand people wont be able to afford it, so all i can say is.. if it works this sunday look forward to another in the future.
Quote:
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 17
12-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
i understand that, and if the d7 was a teir 2 id ok it. but im really wanting to keep the number of usable powers in combat limited. and tier 2 and below is the best for a first go at this.

i understand people wont be able to afford it, so all i can say is.. if it works this sunday look forward to another in the future.
So how will the KDF players participate if they are limited to only the B'Rel (T5)?

After farming on all my toons, I've managed to scrape together the resources to buy the Connie. Looking forward to the event. Where are we meeting tomorrow, exactly? (This may be an issue if we have a lot of people participating, the game would like to throw everyone in different instances)

EDIT: Sorry, misread the first post, I guess the "starter B'Rel" will be eligible (although I never got to choose which ship I fly in at the start of the KDF track).

Last edited by stardestroyer001; 12-22-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Captain
# 18
12-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
So how will the KDF players participate if they are limited to only the B'Rel (T5)?

After farming on all my toons, I've managed to scrape together the resources to buy the Connie. Looking forward to the event. Where are we meeting tomorrow, exactly? (This may be an issue if we have a lot of people participating, the game would like to throw everyone in different instances)

EDIT: Sorry, misread the first post, I guess the "starter B'Rel" will be eligible (although I never got to choose which ship I fly in at the start of the KDF track).
If I'm not mistaken every Klingon starts with a bop (starter ship) unless they removed that as well... Ill have to check after work to see.
Quote:
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 19
12-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken every Klingon starts with a bop (starter ship) unless they removed that as well... Ill have to check after work to see.
I was actually wondering about this as well. KDF toons start at T3 now, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if anyone even still owns a T1 B'Rel, and I'm fairly certain you can't get one even if you wanted to.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Captain
# 20
12-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
I was actually wondering about this as well. KDF toons start at T3 now, if I'm not mistaken. I don't know if anyone even still owns a T1 B'Rel, and I'm fairly certain you can't get one even if you wanted to.
If you can check if be much happy. I think the key is to beam out before you "select" your ship if your able too.

If you can't ill check when I get home from work and go from there.

I myself will be able to do Klingon if there's not enough, so that's at least one Klingon for the Feds to kill lol
Quote:
Do you even Science Bro?