Lt. Commander
# 21
12-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
On another note, we have Borg Space Sets so where are the Borg Ground sets?
Deep Space Nine?
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
Deep Space Nine?
I think he means the Assimilated Borg set.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddishWizardguy
I think he means the Assimilated Borg set.
Correct. We already have 6 space sets and 3 ground sets so it is only logical to have a craftable ground set, a ground set from doing an FE and a Borg ground set that costs 5 EDC for each piece. The borg ground set should have a Borg style that fits the Borg hybrid look that are ships get. Makes too much sense for liberated borg captains to wear Borg looking armor and piloting a borg looking ship. The MACO set doesn't fit the Borg style and the Omega Force set looks too much like the Merc costume IMO. Although I don't know what to think about Tron characters in STO with the Aegis Ground Set.

Not everyone can do 100 STFs to get their ground sets and we have 3 Space Sets that don't have a corresponding Ground Set that would be perfect for casual players.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddishWizardguy
You are mistaken, test it out on any borg mob. You'll see the green ADAPTED text, along with a yellow 1 and a yellow 15 per shot.
When before the " Addaptation " acured you were doing Conciderably More in the way of damage .

Case in point , a Blast Assualt Mk XI [very rare] tipicaly does 125 primary and 250 secondary w/blast AoE .

After "Adaptation" ,you do the aforementioned 1 and 15 , so very underwelming
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Correct. We already have 6 space sets and 3 ground sets so it is only logical to have a craftable ground set, a ground set from doing an FE and a Borg ground set that costs 5 EDC for each piece. The borg ground set should have a Borg style that fits the Borg hybrid look that are ships get. Makes too much sense for liberated borg captains to wear Borg looking armor and piloting a borg looking ship. The MACO set doesn't fit the Borg style and the Omega Force set looks too much like the Merc costume IMO. Although I don't know what to think about Tron characters in STO with the Aegis Ground Set.

Not everyone can do 100 STFs to get their ground sets and we have 3 Space Sets that don't have a corresponding Ground Set that would be perfect for casual players.
This. I've been wanting a Borg ground set for my Liberated Borg characters ever since the Borg Space set came out
Ensign
# 26 not suprised
12-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
The one thing I don't like about the Borg Prosthetic weapons is that they aren't wrist blasters or arm attachments like the Borg have. Instead they are somekind of monsterous minigun that looks like it came out of Cog than off a Borg Drone.
These arms are supposed to be salvaged, not installed, how many humans are going to chop off a good arm to use a Borg armature. It makes more since to make them weapons, add a handle and hold them, its likely they only would work as part of drone anyway without some modifications. Making them conventional weapon keeps there abilities, and allows you two switch and keep your arm...

not surprisingly they are bulky now, if they replaced an arm they were simpler and directly installed then, now they need an interface and to stick out more like a conventional gun.

Would like access to more Borg hardware...
Commander
# 27
12-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Necros are bad. Mkay?
Captain
# 28
12-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcan1 View Post
These arms are supposed to be salvaged, not installed, how many humans are going to chop off a good arm to use a Borg armature. It makes more since to make them weapons, add a handle and hold them, its likely they only would work as part of drone anyway without some modifications. Making them conventional weapon keeps there abilities, and allows you two switch and keep your arm...

not surprisingly they are bulky now, if they replaced an arm they were simpler and directly installed then, now they need an interface and to stick out more like a conventional gun.

Would like access to more Borg hardware...
Borg Prosthetics implies that we are replacing a limb with Borg technology. The problem is the name of the weapons not the weapon itself. Also, this thread needs to be destroyed with plasma.

EDIT: This thread has been closed due to being a "necro" thread. Remember, if a thread has not been posted to in over 30 days, please start a new thread to discuss a topic Thanks! ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-22-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Closed Thread