Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 391
12-21-2012, 08:32 PM
as much as I hate to say it this was a good fix..... I was looking at my defensive regen rate during a STF and was getting around 800 every 6 seconds..... which works out if you are on your heals... your not invulnerable but you can still be a pain in the neck with it......
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Ensign
# 392 Well
12-21-2012, 08:52 PM
this might have been a bug, and needed fixing but they should have had a way to respec it out, so you could change this out to the other line. I'm done with the rep system until they do get it so you can change out your selections. If they want to nerf or change the passives, thats fine just fix it so we can respec or just bypass a tier and not waste our marks on it.
Commander
# 393
12-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
The ship's shield modifier affects the amount. Skills, etc, etc - don't - but the shield modifier does.

On a Wells - 380.6
On a Fleet Saber Retrofit - 202.1

Vs. the Kinetic Proc of 751.4 which is always 751.4 - regardless of ship, skills, buffs, debuffs, resists, etc, etc, etc - it's always 751.4...

...the shield regen varies by ship's shield modifier.
Thank you for clarifying. I was seeing conflicting things in various places and got confused.
# 394
12-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
The ship's shield modifier affects the amount. Skills, etc, etc - don't - but the shield modifier does.

On a Wells - 380.6
On a Fleet Saber Retrofit - 202.1

Vs. the Kinetic Proc of 751.4 which is always 751.4 - regardless of ship, skills, buffs, debuffs, resists, etc, etc, etc - it's always 751.4...

...the shield regen varies by ship's shield modifier.
are you sure knitic resist dont apply to dem passive? its my understanding it does.
Captain
# 395
12-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
people do understand. people also notice a power creep as well. i get an extra 266.5 regen. again in my opion dont matter what rp heroes think, my opion is just as valid, all ships should get an extra 300 regen. while people on oddys are getting more from the passive then i am just because of thier shild mod. the sheild regen should just be flat with no mods from the ship.

btw im taking 300 as a number. my oddy gets more then that with the passive. 266.5 is a very nice number but again the power creep. if anything i say flat no matter the ship 280.0
I know what you're saying and I agree, but I mean one way or the other it's a lot of free regen that wasn't in the game before. And it's true that on ships like the Ody (or that silly timeboat) it gets pretty crazy, even after the "nerf" the difference is absolutely there.

The fact that it isn't a flat number is kind of a problem... if it were flat, it'd even out and so there'd be no harm done. I honestly don't know what the effect on balance is with the way they've went about it. The uber-tanks are tanking even tankier I guess.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 396
12-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
are you sure knitic resist dont apply to dem passive? its my understanding it does.
The Kinetic Proc is a 2.5% (directed energy)/5% (torp/mines) chance to do 751.4 kinetic damage that completely ignores shields. It's straight to hull damage.

No matter what I've done, no matter what the target's done, no matter what the target is - when it procs, the combat log always shows 751.4...

...that could be a display bug.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Starfleet Veteran
# 397
12-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
The Kinetic Proc is a 2.5% (directed energy)/5% (torp/mines) chance to do 751.4 kinetic damage that completely ignores shields. It's straight to hull damage.

No matter what I've done, no matter what the target's done, no matter what the target is - when it procs, the combat log always shows 751.4...

...that could be a display bug.
ty, i would have thought knitic consoles would cut the damage. or he or aux2sif. bit bs if 5 man teams can hit you with this and you cant cut that damage.

also to clear this up i dont have to use dem correct? or do i? im under the impression that i can just use my rapid fire and get a chance for a dem proc.

Last edited by broken1981; 12-21-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Captain
# 398
12-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
ty, i would have thought knitic consoles would cut the damage. or he or aux2sif. bit bs if 5 man teams can hit you with this and you cant cut that damage.
You know, I've never looked to see the proc on me - just my proc on others. So like I said, it could be a display bug.

Then again, I'm not sure I've really run into anybody with it - everybody took the shields, lol.

I'll go hang out in Ker'rat for a bit and look at the logs for the incoming proc.

I'll take my Mirror Vor'cha - I hull tank Tact Cubes with it, so I'm sporting a bit of resist there - even without any kinetic consoles.
Starfleet Veteran
# 399
12-21-2012, 10:45 PM
lol please look up to see my edit.
Captain
# 400
12-21-2012, 10:59 PM
It's 2.5% on any directed energy attack and 5% on any torp/mine attack.

Oh, my bad...my bad. I get it, now.

My saying directed energy attack isn't talking about DEM. You don't need DEM for it. Energy Weapon attacks... whether it's beams or cannons, etc, etc, etc.

It's weird though, in looking for an example of where it wouldn't apply - it's actually showing there on the tooltip for it. That's kind of odd. I didn't think it would be there, but my Isometric Charge is showing both the Omega Weapon Amplifier and Omega Graviton Amplifier procs there...that's kind of twisted. I guess that makes sense in a twisted way, since PDS will benefit from DEM.

Hrmm, I don't have Feedback on this guy - to check what exactly this proc does not apply to...

I'll just start referring to it as energy weapon vs. torp/mine in the future. I'd just been repeating what the tooltip had said...so maybe it's a case of it just saying that it does not apply to indirect energy attacks, eh? Don't have PSW or CPB either to see if that's what it won't proc on...