Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
omega plasma torpedo has a bug that affects the recharge timer so that once you use up the charges it becomes useless and this bug is hard to reproduce. the bug cant be cleared by death, go to a ground map or moving from space map (pvp or stf) to a social space map. the bug only fixes it self when you are in sector space. i have had this bug at least twice, once in pvp and in a infected space.
@stargate_wars
Career Officer
# 2
12-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Ok, you used all the charges/ammo and then it doesn't produce new charges/ammo?

I've got the launcher, but I didn't have had that bug right now.

I could imagine that there is a sign-problem... Have you any key-bind or autofire that triggers the launcher the whole time? I mean if there are 0 charges and there is an if-statement missing, you could get to -1 charges/ammo (-1 are also 32767 in unsigned integer), then the recharging could be failing (because there are 32767 charges and there is an if-statement: if charges < 5 {recharge();}).

Funny thing, try to give some more usefull information on how you have caused it...

If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
12-14-2012, 01:32 PM
normally when i seen the bug it was too late.
and the stf that it happened in the bug started the moment i was in the zone.
the launcher is kept off auto-fire.

after the bug hit me in pvp i had friends use the powers most likely to be used in pvp on me and they did nothing even when i used all charges.
@stargate_wars
Career Officer
# 4
12-22-2012, 02:43 AM
Ok, I just had this bug in a KASE, it's not so funny to be unable to shoot any torpedoes...

I just do not know how the Bug was caused, but I think it began after a respawn. Maybe if you respawn with 0 charges, then the Bug might occure...

If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
Ensign
# 5
02-08-2013, 03:08 PM
I was able to reproduce this same bug, it happens when some one leaves a PVE event and when I am dead, namely Khitomer Vortex Elite. This has happened a few times now and under the same circumstances, so I know it isn't a fluke. I have to be dead and some one rage quits the instance. Any one else see this same pattern?
Ensign
# 6
03-14-2013, 04:01 PM
I have this bug everyday, I have a purple doff that is equipped on my atrox that ups my torp firing speed.

I mounted it on the rear of the ship because its so unreliable.