Empire Veteran
# 11
12-19-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Do you have the Romulan Embassy Consoles?
still no! poor under staffed fleet
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 12
12-19-2012, 04:05 AM
They keep popping up as I play spreadsheet warrior and look at things. They just look so Evil when worked in with so many of the other things out there.

I'm curious if anybody's addressed whether modifiers stack or not.

If you had three Romulan Particle Consoles, sure - the +31.9 Part would stack. But would the various procs stack? Say you had three with hull, would that be three 2.5% chances? Would they work like stacking DOFFs? Sure, there's the cooldown - but would there be the multiple proc chances? Then there's the Plasma one - the +31.9 Part would stack like a normal Part console; but again would the 2.5% DoT proc stack to give you three 2.5% chances? What about that +9.6% Plasma Damage... would that stack?

They're just Evil as replacements for normal Sci consoles...mmmmmmm.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 13
12-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
I actually grabbed PDS for one of my KDF - using it for spam and for that additional kick of burst. If the tooltip's not lying, it's grabbing everything that my regular energy weapons do.

And yeah, I grabbed AMS for my other KDF. I think I've used it twice in PvP (I hate timecrap spam) - but I've actually found it somewhat useful while farming/grinding/etc in PvE.

Compared to what I grabbed on the Fed side... Iso and Grav. The Grav helps out with the Grav Wells on my Sci and Iso's just fun to drop on carrier pets near the carrier.

If Nadeon for KDF and Leech for Fed became available, I'd definitely drop PDS and Iso for them...or I'd be tempted to play cheese and look at a 10 console ship to add them. But that would be wrong... but then again, I have no skill anyway... so...
I don't have any cross faction consoles on my KDF char. I do use Aceton Assimilators. But, the majority of the consoles aren't useful on my B'rel Retrofit, especially since I don't have a lot of console space.

I have Aceton Assimilators, assimilated module, Rule 62, and 3x torpedo consoles. That gives me 3 consoles to play with. Since I don't have any shields, I got 2 Neutronium Alloys. So, really, I got 1 console to play with. Currently, I use Flow Capacitors to boost Aceton Assimilators and Tachyon Beam 3.

For my Fed, I have 2 consoles that I can cycle out, depending what my needs are. I do use Vent Theta Radiation for certain situations (STFs mostly) and occasionally Subspace Jumper (for Fleet and Romulan mark missions or 1on1 PvP). I'll probably be swapping out one of those consoles for the Zero-Point Energy Conduit at some point.

Quote:
Do you have the Romulan Embassy Consoles?
My fleet just unlocked them yesterday. I was a bit disappointed in the available consoles and decided I probably didn't need any of them. Why are they posting the same consoles twice? Has anyone from Cryptic commented on this?

My fleetmate got the Shield Emitters console, and it only boosted his shield heals by about 100 more. Wish there was a Field Generator console, which I would might be willing to replace one of my rotating consoles for that.
Captain
# 14
12-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
My fleet just unlocked them yesterday. I was a bit disappointed in the available consoles and decided I probably didn't need any of them. Why are they posting the same consoles twice? Has anyone from Cryptic commented on this?

My fleetmate got the Shield Emitters console, and it only boosted his shield heals by about 100 more. Wish there was a Field Generator console, which I would might be willing to replace one of my rotating consoles for that.
Hrmmm, the duplicates - that's in the patch notes for tomorrow, no?

Ah, here:

The Embassy Console store no longer has duplicate items instead of some of the proper consoles that should have appeared in the store.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 15
12-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Carefully let hull HP be whittled down by energy weapons to 33%...

Hit the Romulan T5 ability, RSP, PH1, GDF, APA, and if it's not up Tac Fleet....

Unload with TBR 3.

I wonder if I can get a 10k damage repulsor again?
Captain
# 16
12-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Hrmmm, the duplicates - that's in the patch notes for tomorrow, no?

Ah, here:

The Embassy Console store no longer has duplicate items instead of some of the proper consoles that should have appeared in the store.
Looks like there wasn't any new consoles in there. Just changed it to give you the option to pick one that generates threat and one that reduces it.

I picked up the Emitter Array and Power Insulators consoles that give a plasma DOT proc and reduces threat. So far, the amount of heal boosted by the Emitter Array is rather lack-luster.

Looks like the only useful console is the Power Insulators, assuming you're righting against someone with a drain. I'll probably replace one of my rotating consoles for this if I break my set. I thought I'd wait and see what the Romulan shield and deflector was going to be like, but, from what my fleet mate was saying, it sounds rather underwhelming.

Perhaps I may go with the Elite Fleet Resilient shield instead.
Captain
# 17
12-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
Who said it had to be anything of equal value? Last time KDF got AMS and Feds got LOLsometric Charge.

If Feds get Leach, KDF could conceivably get the Nadeon Detonation Module or the Photonic Displacer Module.
I just don't see the KDF getting the incredibly awesome Photonic Displacement module from the dominion lockboxes.... on account of them having already gotten it way back in the Ferengi lock box.