Empire Veteran
# 1 PvP Tournament - 6. Feedback
12-22-2012, 01:37 PM
6. Feedback

Please feel free to give us a much feedback as possible about the tournament.

Feedback on:

- Rules

- The match system

- Team Registration

- any ideas for the future

Please do not start a discussion let everyone express their ideas! Stay on the topic please!

p.s. ideas posted in this thread will be deleted, please add them again in here if you don't mind. We apologize for the problems this may cause.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=492471
Nova Aurora Polaris
- Nova Aurora Polaris -
@pascalb1
Career Officer
# 2
12-22-2012, 02:19 PM
What happened to the idea of best-of-3 for the matches?
http://hilbertguide.com
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-22-2012, 02:22 PM
My team score 1 kill then cloaks for 50+ minutes is within the rules do you think this is a valid tactic?
Noone.
Empire Veteran
# 4
12-22-2012, 03:02 PM
What happened to the idea of best-of-3 for the matches?

The rules stll exist just not for this tournament. They will be used in the league.
Nova Aurora Polaris
- Nova Aurora Polaris -
@pascalb1
Empire Veteran
# 5
12-22-2012, 03:03 PM
My team score 1 kill then cloaks for 50+ minutes is within the rules do you think this is a valid tactic?

I will put that down into my notes.
Nova Aurora Polaris
- Nova Aurora Polaris -
@pascalb1
Empire Veteran
# 6
12-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Posts have been moved!

1. If Operative kit and shrouding is allowed, it will not be a fair game. Until that is banned from the tournament, I am out. ( suuperduude )

2. So.. let's see...

With 5.2.. KDF gets Boned because the Feds can run more ships with only 1 Hanger each while the KDF only has one ship that comes with a hanger Bay, and that's the marauder, other wise they have 2 True carriers.

And with 6.1 the KDF gets screwed yet again because more of their pets have been restricted then the Fed side. Of course they are understandable restrictions, except for the Fer'Jai frigates in a way.. Kinda surprised the Marauder pets didn't get restricted as well honestly, since I don't believe their Boarding Party power subsystem disable effect can't be cleared by Tac team while their cool down ability can be last I checked.

Not like I expect to witness videos or other types of information concerning the Tournament with full KDF teams being Fielded. ( webdeath )

3. I also see that spawn camping is not against the rules? ( suuperduude )

4. [quote=pascalb1;7186011]3. Rules
4.1. if you go against the rules once in a match you will be shown the yellow card ( yellow card remains active from one match to next one and so on )
4.2. if you go against the rules twice in a match you will be shown the red card ( you have to leave the match and miss for next match )
4.3. if you still have a yellow card from a match earlier and you go against the rules you will be shown the red card ( you will miss next match ? you may stay though inside the current match unless you go against the rules again in that match than you need to leave the match )
4.4. if you are found using exploits, bugs, cheats or third party programs you will be shown the purple card ( permanent ban from the league )

I hope we wont be playn football tournament

8.1. the ability scramble sensor may not be used

I`m sry but i just dont get why is BOFF ability banned, but minor thing

8.4. team batteries may not be used

I already see chained VM`s flyin around like crazy, i mean, pvp is team play, and thats why in game we have team batteries, and cruisers and carriers are ships who uses this batteries, this rule makes them less viable in the game. U can also ban red matter capacitor thingie eh? Doesn`t everyone have that super duper battery ( erkyss2 )
Nova Aurora Polaris
- Nova Aurora Polaris -
@pascalb1

Last edited by pascalb1; 12-22-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Temporal sets? Inversion and what not being a soft sub nuc.
Career Officer
# 8
12-23-2012, 12:00 AM
I would very definitely like to see temporal sets be restricted in some fashion, as there is currently no counter to the AoE slow field, and the temporal consoles, when combined, can give extremely significant SNB cooldown reductions.

I'd also like to know why you wish to restrict Scramble Sensors; as I understand it, the grievance against this power was that under certain conditions, the confuse used to continue after death, but that glitch has since been patched and the power functions as intended; I see no reason ban it.
12th Fleet | Sad Pandas | Starfleet M.A.C.O.
Commander
# 9
12-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Romulan transporter bridge officer (ground) needs to be banned for both Space and Ground matches. Three of them, at 7500 fleet credit each, provide 47% cooldown reduction for all captain, bridge officer, ship, weapon, and kit powers, and some consoles and devices. Ground and space. One can only pray that this is a bug, not a design decision. In either case, any team that has them will utterly crush any team that doesn't.

Bug report with more information:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...41#post7212141
Captain
# 10
12-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Hi pascalb1,

Just to let you know I have not registered as yet as I will probably need to field a mixed team this event and am still trying to confirm my cohorts.
Closed Thread