Captain
# 1 Borg floor
12-22-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm trying to create a partially-assimilated Klingon ship using a pre-made map, but I can't find a good prop to use as a floor. None of the building blocks look good, and it won't let me lower any of the "Cube" props enough to work as a floor. Is there something I've overlooked?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 2
12-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I'm trying to create a partially-assimilated Klingon ship using a pre-made map, but I can't find a good prop to use as a floor. None of the building blocks look good, and it won't let me lower any of the "Cube" props enough to work as a floor. Is there something I've overlooked?
If you're using a pre-made kdf interior, there probably isn't a lot that you can do. Try to find the biggest borg prop with the flatest surface, maybe? If you were building up in the sky, then you could do a lot with Borg buildings.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
12-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Use the borg - wall 01 prop.

set it to -x.x for whichever map your using.
Captain
# 4
12-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Use the borg - wall 01 prop.

set it to -x.x for whichever map your using.
Too tall.

I can't lower things below -3.27163.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 5
12-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Too tall.

I can't lower things below -3.27163.
How much have you done to this set so far? You would have more options building in the sky on a ground map.

You might also try some of the alcove groups. You might have to use like 100 of them, but the tops might pass for a Borg floor.
Captain
# 6
12-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
How much have you done to this set so far? You would have more options building in the sky on a ground map.

You might also try some of the alcove groups. You might have to use like 100 of them, but the tops might pass for a Borg floor.
I haven't done too much yet, thankfully. I think I will rebuild a sky version; hundreds of alcove tops might be a bit too repetitive to pass as Borg.
-- Q
Captain
# 7
12-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
I haven't done too much yet, thankfully. I think I will rebuild a sky version; hundreds of alcove tops might be a bit too repetitive to pass as Borg.
Some of those Borg building can pass as interesting floors. There a few spots of texture overlap that you may have to hide. And some of them are odd shapes, etc, so you might have to use the green wall block to plug up some holes.

The ceiling may be pretty tough as well, since the bottom of the Borg buildings have no textures.

You might have to use a platform for the ceiling like most of us do. Or, you have use a bunch of smaller props.

Last edited by kirksplat; 12-22-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Captain
# 8
12-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Also, please check out the mission in my sig. There is one map, where I built a Borg interior in the sky on a ground map. It's the one where the player tries to upload the virus to the queen on a platform that overlooks lots of alcoves. The first tunnel part of the map was made with small Borg buildings, or something like small Borg buildings. It should give you some good ideas.

Last edited by kirksplat; 12-22-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
12-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Some of those Borg building can pass as interesting floors. There a few spots of texture overlap that you may have to hide. And some of them are odd shapes, etc, so you might have to use the green wall block to plug up some holes.

The ceiling may be pretty tough as well, since the bottom of the Borg buildings have no textures.

You might have to use a platform for the ceiling like most of us do. Or, you have use a bunch of smaller props.
Use the treasure trading station interior map. It has a huge empty space, a very high ceiling, (about -10 to 4000) and the spawn point/NPCs are no longer required to be placed inside the existing structure.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 10
12-22-2012, 04:22 PM
You might actually be better off starting with a Borg interior and Klinking it yp as opposed to the other way around. Klingon interiors (a lot of them anyway) are especially bad for pathfinding anyhow.

Take a borg interior and use the Klingon wall lights and platforms as needed. Klink consoles and generators will also go a long way to getting what you want. The Borg mapos are pretty open in general.