# 11
12-22-2012, 04:56 AM
Okay my doffs would be as follows.
2 purple cannon ability doffs
2 torp ability doffs
The last doff I'm open to suggestions.
I didn't use the TT doff as I'm running 2 instances
of TT.

I could lose the cloaking device for some more sustained dps.
Career Officer
# 12
12-22-2012, 01:26 PM
For PVE try this,

TT, CSV1,APO1,CSV3
TT,APB1,TS3
TS1
EPTS1,AuxSIF 1
PH1,TSS2

FOR PVP try this,

TT, CRF1,APO1,CRF3
TT,APD1,APO1
TS1
EPTS1, RSP
HE1,TSS2

I would try to get the Maco mk XII shield asap. If it's out of reach I've found the advanced fleet resilient shield Cap 3 works well also.

In PVP u could go with all cannons. Yes you waste the TS in the ensign slot but you'll
see your dps jump greatly.

Use 2 field generators in the Sci slots. Put the cloak in engineering slot. You don't need the cloak in PVE so swap it out when appropriate. Also put the borg console in engineering as well. You need max dps and max Shields.

You need to carry at least 2 damage control Doffs to reduce to cooldown of EPTS1 down to 31 seconds. itll feel like youre carrying 2 EPTSs. This is how I tank so well in the defiant. Near 100% uptime. Granted it's not perfect with the cooldown it's damn close.

Also try to upgrade to the fleet defiant when you can. Same boffs, extra tac console, more hull.

If you need more help feel free to PM me ingame or email.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
12-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Apologies if I wasn't clear, but I do have the fleet defiant.
Career Officer
# 14
12-22-2012, 03:10 PM
No I misread and thought you were talking about the defiant retrofit.
Captain
# 15
12-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Need more be said.

P.S. I'm not stalking, I am just calling bs when I see it. And that was some MAJOR bs there.
You seem to be stalking me and you could always put something more usefull that 2 TT.I only run 1 and no one mentioned APTS.

To the OP why don't you just try it and see what works for you.It is your build build it the way that is best for you in Boffs.When it comes to consols and weapons that is different.I learned it on my own as I made a similar post with no answers except Moderator engineer and I am a Tac main.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers

Last edited by age03; 12-22-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Lieutenant
# 16
12-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Unless you are running the Purple Conn Officers...Run two Tactical Team 1's, you will never ever look back. they run perfectly in tandem with each other when considering the uptime of the power and the powers cooldown/global cooldown.

As for CFR vs CSV -

Due to mines and carrier spam CSV is so very useful, well have a boff with each (I can not stress how helpful it is to have a variety of Boff's depending on situations and load out. If you are doing 1v1 or 2v2 and noone is tossing spam out there awesome slap in your CRF boff, but the moment you come across DPB3 or Danubes you will be grateful you have a CSV boff on deck.

Also... you may want to experiment with adding in the Borg Plasma Torp and Cutting Beam, they are nifty and well having the tractor beam, can be helpful.

Last edited by liquidraven26; 12-22-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Captain
# 17
12-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Removed in light of new evidence. You're still wrong btw age.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.

Last edited by hereticknight085; 12-23-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
12-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Sorry not to be picky I'm running no conn officers
Hence the two instances of TT.

It's cannon cd officers
Captain
# 19
12-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
You seem to be stalking me and you could always put something more usefull that 2 TT.I only run 1 and no one mentioned APTS.

To the OP why don't you just try it and see what works for you.It is your build build it the way that is best for you in Boffs.When it comes to consols and weapons that is different.I learned it on my own as I made a similar post with no answers except Moderator engineer and I am a Tac main.
so freaking wrong with your "1 TT is enough" on a defiant...why do you insist on being right when nobody agrees with you?

hit TT1a...TT1b goes on a 15 sec CD, TT1a however will go on a 30 sec cooldown...that means that every 15 seconds you have a TT1 ready. Not so hard to understand actually.
thats 100% reliable without any doff proc.
i would actually go as far as to say to add a conn doff anyway, since you have a chance to sometimes close that 5 second gap between the tac teams + a buff for attack patterns, which are a must have on the defiant anyway.
Also, asuming you run a build "all cannons", 1 of the 3 tac ensigns is useless anyway. personally i have a torp launcher in mine, and a torp spread 1 in the 3rd tac ensign.

and before you drop your "official beta tester" targ turd on me again, L2P...and stop giving really bad advice...i start to believe you are misleading people on purpose.
i mean:

Quote:
You would want this

Lt Eng - EPTS1, EPTSif1 what does this mean? to put Emergency power to shields 1 and AUX to Structural integrity field 1 into the LT eng slot?
EPTS1 EPTS Structual. is this the explanation of the line above? that makes no sense...emergency power to structual ? WTF?

You really need only one Tac. Team. care to explain why this would make any sense? No? Sure not, because it makes none!
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 12-24-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Captain
# 20
12-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
so freaking wrong with your "1 TT is enough" on a defiant...why do you insist on being right when nobody agrees with you?

hit TT1a...TT1b goes on a 15 sec CD, TT1a however will go on a 30 sec cooldown...that means that every 15 seconds you have a TT1 ready. Not so hard to understand actually.
thats 100% reliable without any doff proc.
i would actually go as far as to say to add a conn doff anyway, since you have a chance to sometimes close that 5 second gap between the tac teams + a buff for attack patterns, which are a must have on the defiant anyway.
Also, asuming you run a build "all cannons", 1 of the 3 tac ensigns is useless anyway. personally i have a torp launcher in mine, and a torp spread 1 in the 3rd tac ensign.

and before you drop your "official beta tester" targ turd on me again, L2P...and stop giving really bad advice...i start to believe you are misleading people on purpose.
i mean:
A good effort baudl, but we both know that logic doesn't work on Age03. I mean, I have tried in many different threads and have had lots of patience for him... but alas to no avail...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.