Captain
# 11
12-22-2012, 06:30 PM
I think the one change I'd like to make to the Winter Coat is to be able to put a combadge on them. Then the beam out animation won't look so daft. :p

Vice Admiral Laurence Corrin - USS Trafalgar
Captain Takaram ch'Rihan - USS Khellian
Captain Korax joH'a' vo'poH - USS Hartnell
General Hothkar, Son of Ta'lon - IKS oDwI'
Career Officer
# 12
01-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
I think the one change I'd like to make to the Winter Coat is to be able to put a combadge on them. Then the beam out animation won't look so daft. :p
For some reason I was able to get the comm badge on the outside of my tac toon's black coat but none of the others. I would like to see the comm badges be available on the outside of the coats for all variations too.
Captain
# 13
01-02-2013, 11:23 AM
It's now available for off duty.
It looks good with the merc set.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Lieutenant
# 14
01-02-2013, 12:48 PM
I would like the ability of foundry authors and the devs could set locations where it would auto-switch the outfit to the different outfit setups as dictated by the story. The story has you bumming around in your quarters while off-duty then have the game auto dress you in off-duty clothes. and have uniform variants for different environments you beam down to. say your wearing an Antares uniform and you beam down to Andor. Andor is a pretty cold so auto winter variant. beam down to risa then a warm weather variant. that would add more to draw you into the story.

So I'm all for keeping the off duty set, but just let you use off duty in any of the uniform slots.
Republic Veteran
# 15
01-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3drag0n1977 View Post
So I'm all for keeping the off duty set, but just let you use off duty in any of the uniform slots.
Other then the first costume slot which is suppose to be a uniform (since starfleet officers on-duty would normally wear a uniform) all other uniform slots you either buy or earn (via mostly veteran rewards) can be either off duty or uniform already.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3drag0n1977 View Post
I would like the ability of foundry authors and the devs could set locations where it would auto-switch the outfit to the different outfit setups as dictated by the story. The story has you bumming around in your quarters while off-duty then have the game auto dress you in off-duty clothes. and have uniform variants for different environments you beam down to. say your wearing an Antares uniform and you beam down to Andor. Andor is a pretty cold so auto winter variant. beam down to risa then a warm weather variant. that would add more to draw you into the story.

Problem with that is you're going to have a lot of players (like me) who don't use the designated "off duty" clothing for their (de facto) off duty outfits. I've got off duty outfits, but the game doesn't know that because I used uniform pieces. I can't manually flag an outfit as off-duty without being forcibly restricted to the (super-limited) designated off duty pieces.

I love the idea of a auto-switching feature for foundry authors, but it'd be a better implementation IMO to fold the off duty and uniform sets together as "general clothing" and make only the slots flaggable as off duty or not.