Starfleet Veteran
While in the Tau Dewa Sector, I see Red-Alerts all the time but they rarely are "working". A lot of the time the red-alert pops up, I click on it and it's still empty when I get there (so they weren't failed by someone, they just weren't working in the first place).

My suggestion is to put the Tholian Red-Alert (maybe call it something else) in the PVE queue with the 30 Romulan mark reward. It doesn't appear this issue is going to be fixed anytime soon, as we've had this issue with borg red-alerts for quite some time.

Last edited by pegasussgc; 12-22-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
12-22-2012, 09:25 PM
I think this is a bad idea and takes away from the rarity of the event as it is suppose to be, and I've never had an issue with the Borg Red Alerts.

As of late it has been working about 95% of the time, but the fact that someone else has failed it just means that the red alert needs to be removed more quickly upon the timer running out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
12-22-2012, 09:27 PM
I do see the merits of this suggestion, but aren't Red Alerts supposed to be location-specific?
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
I do see the merits of this suggestion, but aren't Red Alerts supposed to be location-specific?
Not the Tholian Red-Alerts. The borg red-alerts are.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
12-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdavidson View Post
I think this is a bad idea and takes away from the rarity of the event as it is suppose to be, and I've never had an issue with the Borg Red Alerts.

As of late it has been working about 95% of the time, but the fact that someone else has failed it just means that the red alert needs to be removed more quickly upon the timer running out.
As I stated in the first post, the problem with the Red-Alerts not being removed quickly enough after the timer has ran out, is not the issue, as this problem with Red-Alerts is happening as soon as they pop up.

I agree it might take away from the rarity of the borg red-alerts. As it is, Tholian red-alerts might as well not even be in game because they rarely work, so putting them in PVE queue would simply give players access to content which exists but is inaccessible a majority of the time. The Tholian RA's simply aren't working most of the time, my fleet mates across multiple fleets can corroborate this.

Last edited by pegasussgc; 12-22-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdavidson View Post
There is NO WAY this is the issue.

I've seen the thing pop-up, and within 5 seconds of that thing popping up, I've clicked on it and appeared in a dead instance.

Failed instances are spawning. That's the problem. I've not gotten into a working one once in the past week and a half, and it certainly isn't due to a lack of effort.

500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
Ensign
# 7
12-31-2012, 08:41 AM
wel i gotta say i for one have never even been able to play the tholian red alert since it all started i click it warp in and warp straight out every time.... so if some of you have got in there your very lucky!
they have supposed to have fixed it in the patch on the 21st dec according to the release notes but its still busted i think they should remove it till they can fix it properly as i must not be the only player who is finding this frustraiting... i subscribe to the game and spend a quite a bit on zen i have never complained about anything as i love the game and know problems get sorted normaly but this is going on a rather a bit too long!

Anyway rant over lol iand i hope you guys have a great time playing in 2013 !and maybe see you in game sometime!