Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 31
12-22-2012, 05:54 AM
I hope they use the original design of the ambassador as a z-store retrofit/refit and just use the ambassador design that was on tv as the free by or whatever. Why is everyone coming up with insane crew, the sizeof the ship is alot smaller than the galaxy class right?
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 377
# 32
12-22-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm not against a cruiser that leans heavy on science, but I am against a gimped cruiser with no tac ability. Look at the joke that is the galaxy class. No one uses that garbage scow because it fails at the dps race that is STO. Here's an ambassador class I'd use...

VA Ship

Crew: 800
Base Turn: 7 - 40 inertia
Base Hull: 39000
Shield Modifier: 1
Device Slots: 4
Consoles: Engineering-3, Science-3, Tactical-3
Bridge Officers:
LtCmd-Tac (3)
LtCmd-Engineering (3)
Lt-Engineering (2)
LtCmd-Science (3)
Ensign-Science/universal (1)

You get access to some nice science abilities, but still have some decent engineering skills and decent tac ability so that you can actually do damage.


U.S.S. Mary Celeste
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
# 33
12-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Bro we need a Cruiser with science. Excelsior is way over done now. my idea is great for the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
# 34
12-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
how about an ambassador battle cruise with 3 commanders only.

a tactial
a science
a engeneering

all with 4 slots each

2 fighter wing bays.
No.
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 377
# 35
12-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
Bro we need a Cruiser with science. Excelsior is way over done now. my idea is great for the game.
If you're referring to my build it isn't that similar to the excelsior The bridge officer layout is different as is the console layout. It focuses much more on science. You idea isn't bad, but the lack of tac consoles completely gimps the ship. The damage that thing would put out would be laughable...cruisers are already losing the dps race and you wanna reduce their tac consoles further?


U.S.S. Mary Celeste
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 750
# 36
12-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikephorus View Post
If you're referring to my build it isn't that similar to the excelsior The bridge officer layout is different as is the console layout. It focuses much more on science. You idea isn't bad, but the lack of tac consoles completely gimps the ship. The damage that thing would put out would be laughable...cruisers are already losing the dps race and you wanna reduce their tac consoles further?
Your idea is garbage. A commander and two lt. commanders? Get out. No seriously, stop thinking crazy overpowered ideas are a good thing.

Captainbmoney is spot on with his suggestion for the Ambassador. Cruisers losing the dps race is not the issue here, especially when there are already cruisers with heavy tactical options. What is an issue is that there is one type of boff layout that is not accounted for amongst cruisers, and that layout is the one Captainbmoney is suggesting. His proposal is for a ship that is not meant to do tons of damage. It is meant to tank like a champ and use some decent science abilities.

The only ship that has two lt. commanders is the Recluse and that is a rare and uber expensive ship, and it pays for those boffs in other ways. Sure anyone can own one if they open enough lockboxes for the lobi or farm energy credits, but not everyone can own one because there are far fewer available Recluse ships than players.

The Ambassador is going to be made available to every Fed player when it is released. Your idea would make every other Fed cruiser obsolete once your uber pwnboat got into everyone's hands.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 286
# 37
12-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Y'know, I'm kind of hoping it's a Tactical oriented cruiser, or heavy escort. I'd kill for an escort with nacelles swept upwards, like the hero ships.
R. Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,748
# 38
12-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
Your idea is garbage. A commander and two lt. commanders? Get out. No seriously, stop thinking crazy overpowered ideas are a good thing.

Captainbmoney is spot on with his suggestion for the Ambassador. Cruisers losing the dps race is not the issue here, especially when there are already cruisers with heavy tactical options. What is an issue is that there is one type of boff layout that is not accounted for amongst cruisers, and that layout is the one Captainbmoney is suggesting. His proposal is for a ship that is not meant to do tons of damage. It is meant to tank like a champ and use some decent science abilities.

The only ship that has two lt. commanders is the Recluse and that is a rare and uber expensive ship, and it pays for those boffs in other ways. Sure anyone can own one if they open enough lockboxes for the lobi or farm energy credits, but not everyone can own one because there are far fewer available Recluse ships than players.

The Ambassador is going to be made available to every Fed player when it is released. Your idea would make every other Fed cruiser obsolete once your uber pwnboat got into everyone's hands.
Actually, his idea has no commander slot, just Lt. Commander slots.

That said, I'd still prefer the OPs idea. I really hope it is implemented, at least the Lt. Cmdr sci part that is.

Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 377
# 39
12-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
Your idea is garbage. A commander and two lt. commanders? Get out. No seriously, stop thinking crazy overpowered ideas are a good thing.

Captainbmoney is spot on with his suggestion for the Ambassador. Cruisers losing the dps race is not the issue here, especially when there are already cruisers with heavy tactical options. What is an issue is that there is one type of boff layout that is not accounted for amongst cruisers, and that layout is the one Captainbmoney is suggesting. His proposal is for a ship that is not meant to do tons of damage. It is meant to tank like a champ and use some decent science abilities.

The only ship that has two lt. commanders is the Recluse and that is a rare and uber expensive ship, and it pays for those boffs in other ways. Sure anyone can own one if they open enough lockboxes for the lobi or farm energy credits, but not everyone can own one because there are far fewer available Recluse ships than players.

The Ambassador is going to be made available to every Fed player when it is released. Your idea would make every other Fed cruiser obsolete once your uber pwnboat got into everyone's hands.
It has the same amount of bridge officer abilities as any cruiser just in a different layout I fail to see how it is overpowered. There are a lot of ships that are way more OP then what I have suggested. Please tell me who exactly wants a ship that does low end damage? My suggestion will not create a ship that is overly powerful, but it is one that would be worth flying. I know I personally wouldn't fly Captainbmoney's version of the ambassador and I don't know many friends or fleet mates that would want to either. If you think dps isn't important then why has the vesta been so popular with sci-captains? Very simple... they can now use their science abilities while pumping out decent dps as well. In the end everyone wants their ship to kill stuff at a decent pace.

Please explain to me how my version of the ambassador would be an "uber pwnboat" as you put it. The only thing you mentioned is that it has two LtCmd bridge officer spots. That alone doesn't make the ship OP..nor does the console layout which is actually just very balanced. The turn rate is worse then the excel but better then the assault cruiser and the hull and shield modifiers are the same as both those ships. Basically, it's just a normal heavy cruiser with a lean towards science. So again I challenge you to tell me exactly what is so OP about my suggested Ambassador build, because I just don't see it.


U.S.S. Mary Celeste
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
# 40
12-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
If you think dps isn't important then why has the vesta been so popular with sci-captains? Very simple... they can now use their science abilities while pumping out decent dps as well.
Vesta's a $25.00 ship. The Ambassador's likely going to be free to anyone who plays a 10 minute mission, like the original Odyssey was.

Cruisers aren't "losing" the DPS race. They're not even competing. Nor should they be. It isn't their job.

They're almost certainly going to come out with an Ambassador pack shortly after the 3rd anniversary that releases 3 new, better versions of the pack then the free one. Perhaps then, a more tactically-biased ship would be appropriate, but the free one should be little more then a toy, as it's going to be in everyone's hands..I can agree with it being unique (OP's suggestion), but I can't agree with with it being superior, or even equal to, anything that costs real money..

We don't need a free Vesta flying around that everyone can have.

Last edited by wunjee; 12-22-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:36 PM.