Captain
# 1 Premade matches
12-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Hey folks.

Due to the fact i hardly see any premade vs premade running so often, I would like to create this thread for anyone and any fleet who wants to challenge each other, and can do so planned.

So fill in when your fleet can attend and what rules you want in place.

Right now I can say TSI needs several premades. We require many many fleets willing for fun and growth, and cause we have stuff to test out. Please post time and what rules enforced.

Please please, dont be discouraged. We just want fun, and its not so much to ask for.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Commander
# 2
12-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Indeed there are not as many premades around as there were before season 7.

TRH plays against the remaining premades on a somewhat regular basis. In the last 2 weeks we played against:

- Angry Clowns
- Raumpatroille Elysion
- Nova Core
- TSI

Unfortunately you wont see much of Pandas and Show Me Your Critz these days which is sad...

However TRH is in a position to host awesome internal matches. Sometimes we do 2 or 3 "high level" matches per night. So, whoever is interested participating in fun and clean matches is cordially invited to join our Teamspeak

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!

Last edited by ilhansk; 12-23-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
12-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Sadly we don't have a premade at the moment. Every time I try and pick up some PVP talent to blend into our existing ones, another fleet that will remain nameless takes them. *shrugs*

We'd have a proper premade, but not enough people.
Captain
# 4
12-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Sadly we don't have a premade at the moment. Every time I try and pick up some PVP talent to blend into our existing ones, another fleet that will remain nameless takes them. *shrugs*

We'd have a proper premade, but not enough people.
Yeah, headhunting seems to be an issue right now, doesn't it? Poor form "nameless" fleet, poor form.
Quote:
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIYOTT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ: Have you wondered that maybe all the things they've added to the gaem lately is to literally make PvP unbearable? Because everything they've added has no use in PvE at all; we know the big boss hates 14 yo min maxers
Captain
# 5
12-23-2012, 10:17 AM
?

we ran into a russian fleet.

they burned us all to death O_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 6
12-23-2012, 10:17 AM
We just got decimated by a russian fleet which had a very interesting setup, something which really defined what russian is: Quantity! (aka spammed to death). Danubes, tholian fighters and it looked like all of them were running the romulan hyper plasma torpedo along with elite fleet gear from the starbase store. On top of that blend in a regular use of scramble sensors and every conceivable p2w universal console in the game. A UI nightmare.

Well, I admit we had a horrible setup (5 sci captains) which lacked dps overall and total breakdown in coms. So we could have done much better. Still, they won, and one can discuss how "cheesy" and "cheap" it was. But to be damn honest they just did what I have been advocating for a long time: Use everything availble in the game to win, and let no one demand or say what you cannot do or use.

Kudos.

edit: Those fleet elite shields have an insane resistance!!!
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!

Last edited by devorasx; 12-23-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Commander
# 7
12-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Yeah I run into those russians a couple of days ago with a pugmade.

2 Recluses, 1 Vesta, Gravity Wells, the new Viral Matrix DOFFS, all Phased Polaron Beams, and SPAM SPAM SPAM...

Yeah my pugmade lost but so what? I wasn't really bothered by it. Do you think for a minute these russians are good or skilfull players?

What the russians are currently running can be described as a "trolling" setup. A setup that does not require one inch of skill.

I believe a good premade (with a clean setup) should be able to beat them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
But to be damn honest they just did what I have been advocating for a long time: Use everything availble in the game to win, and let no one demand or say what you cannot do or use.
This philosophy is what destroys PVP in this game in the first place.

Captain
# 8
12-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhansk View Post
Yeah I run into those russians a couple of days ago with a pugmade.

2 Recluses, 1 Vesta, Gravity Wells, the new Viral Matrix DOFFS, all Phased Polaron Beams, and SPAM SPAM SPAM...

Yeah my pugmade lost but so what? I wasn't really bothered by it. Do you think for a minute these russians are good or skilfull players?

What the russians are currently running can be described as a "trolling" setup. A setup that does not require one inch of skill.

I believe a good premade (with a clean setup) should be able to beat them.

This philosophy is what destroys PVP in this game in the first place.

too bad that a good clean setup wouldnt be able to scratch those shields
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Commander
# 9
12-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
too bad that a good clean setup wouldnt be able to scratch those shields

My pugmade was able to score 4 or 5 kills with focusing fire despite their fleet shields.

But I agree their fleet shields helped their survivability a lot

Commander
# 10
12-23-2012, 11:20 AM
I wish STO was in a state where no holds barred could be fun for everyone.