Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 635
# 11
12-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastone21 View Post
it was better the old way. plus it was more fun, now its just meh.. do this.. wait 20 hours, repeat 35 times and done.
Running Infected Ground Elite for the hundredth time just so I might get that last drop, so I could actually USE the other two drops I got was not fun.


Being able to play whichever STF I feel like that particular day IS fun.
What's even better, actually doing well and getting the optional is worth more than just more vendor trash.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,000
# 12
12-22-2012, 01:09 AM
To be honest the whole Undine story arc needs a serious revamp - It truly needs to be converted into a full fledge end game run.

The Undine have been untouched in the sense that we are soo Borg focus heavy, we need a NEW heavy hitter on the block, and the Undine is ripe for the taking. They are a far more dangerous species than the Borg and the entire collective.

Anything that can kick the Borg @SS is a huge threat.

They should make a Undine Rep system that will give us both Ground and Space sets Mk XII to fight against the Undine.

SIDE NOTE:

Leave it to Star Trek Voyager to humanize the Undine - another potent villian that the show "F" up - god I hate the Voyager series, Janeway and her cronies should have been sucked into a blackhole.

Last edited by stark2k; 12-22-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 635
# 13
12-22-2012, 01:55 AM
Nothing wrong with humanizing a villain.

Gul Dukat got a lot of backstory that demonstrated a capacity to occasionally not be an evil space nazi, and he was a great villain (until they brought him back for the 7th season)
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,000
# 14
12-22-2012, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
Nothing wrong with humanizing a villain.

Gul Dukat got a lot of backstory that demonstrated a capacity to occasionally not be an evil space nazi, and he was a great villain (until they brought him back for the 7th season)
There is a huge difference between Cardassians and the Undine hon, and what the writers of Voyager did to the Undine was what was done to the Borg in the movie "First Contact," They humanize the Borg.

Now from a story telling point of view I understand certain things, but they poo poo on both of those interesting enemies.

Gul Dukat was indeed and interesting villian, but he was a very complex personality, and besides not all of Cardassia was evil. His characterization was well written and well represented throughtout the DS9 series.

What the writers of Voyager did with the Undine was butchery. Besides, Voyager was a failed series, its only saving grace was the introduction of the Borg, and even that they kinda "F" up.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,731
# 15
12-22-2012, 02:21 AM
I don't mind the 35day grind. They just forced erveryone to wait 35d for their stuff, while it was a lucky drop before, and I spent more than 30d to have the whole set.
However, the need of both cash, and dil for EVERYTHING is annoying. You'll spent a lot of money just for the reputation, which is just a huge money sink. And dil ? 15-20k a piece is a lot.
This is quite annoying, before the reputation, we used to grind STF only. Now, you need to grind cash, dil and STF. What's the next step, do we'll need to grind expertise point aswell ?
Ofc, you can buy dil with zen, and money with zen (using keys or fleet module). And anyone with half a brain can see PWE idea there.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 549
# 16
12-22-2012, 02:54 AM
I don't want the random chance stuff back, but I WOULD like unique rewards for each STF back.

Make it so instead of Neural Processors for all of them you get a specific item from each STF and need that for a specific piece of gear.

So that you have a reason again to run anything but the easiest STF. Right now people just repeat Infected 50 times to get all Space and Ground sets. I liked it when there was a reason to run the full set of STFs. Sure some of them are harder and less fun than others, but that's just part of a good endgame challenge. I love the difficulty of the new STFs, but nobody plays them. The ground ones too, I haven't seen a single call for a ground STF in the EliteSTF channels in the last week. It's all CSE or ISE 24/7.

This needs to be changed.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 865
# 17
12-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastone21 View Post
it was better the old way. plus it was more fun, now its just meh.. do this.. wait 20 hours, repeat 35 times and done.
To be fair, like the changes to the STF styles, I don't see why it has to be an either or. I used to love the chance of a random drop, but it's nice that with the rep system we don't have to rely on drops to get it.

Why not offer both options?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 635
# 18
12-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I do kinda wish they had kept the drops as a way to expedite the process if we are lucky like how we could get MK XI gear with EDC but luck out and get a drop to reduce the number of EDC we need to grind.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 19
12-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
To be honest the whole Undine story arc needs a serious revamp - It truly needs to be converted into a full fledge end game run.

The Undine have been untouched in the sense that we are soo Borg focus heavy, we need a NEW heavy hitter on the block, and the Undine is ripe for the taking. They are a far more dangerous species than the Borg and the entire collective.

Anything that can kick the Borg @SS is a huge threat.
Um... The Iconians? Herp!!!

Trolling aside (even though it's accurate), I personally would kill to get undine equipment. Not the pathetic slime we fight in this game (and yes, the Undine are pitiful in STO. Seriously weak compared to the canon Species 8472.), but REAL Species 8472 equipment.

I know this will never happen, but if I had the chance to use a Nicor Cruiser (a TRUE nicor cruiser, not that weak excuse NPC), I would use it, and it alone. And I would pay almost anything for it. And I would love the thing to death. However, barring the fact that they will NEVER allow that, Undine gear would be nice. Almost as much fun as an Undine BOff would be... hm... I would actually really like a playable Undine captain too. Oh wells.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,481
# 20
12-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Um... The Iconians? Herp!!!

Trolling aside (even though it's accurate), I personally would kill to get undine equipment. Not the pathetic slime we fight in this game (and yes, the Undine are pitiful in STO. Seriously weak compared to the canon Species 8472.), but REAL Species 8472 equipment.

I know this will never happen, but if I had the chance to use a Nicor Cruiser (a TRUE nicor cruiser, not that weak excuse NPC), I would use it, and it alone. And I would pay almost anything for it. And I would love the thing to death. However, barring the fact that they will NEVER allow that, Undine gear would be nice. Almost as much fun as an Undine BOff would be... hm... I would actually really like a playable Undine captain too. Oh wells.
Vote Undine!!! Rawr!

Set wise I thought it up while playing with the foundry, their armour looks so cool

now.. yes its built for the Undine.. but maybe they want to make a bipedal set for their infiltrators or some form of crazy humanoid army ? :O

As for the nicor cruiser.. pfft.. why stop there ? :O Undine faction plox. (<--- will never happen)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM.